IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

This looks amazing. Is a flight stick strongly recommended?

I've heard talk of the gamepad support being competent, and to a lesser extent kb+m, however the HOTAS I bought for it (Saitek X52 Pro) should have been bundled with the game - it really ramps up the immersion, and the button maps are perfect for navigating the in-game interface. You'll still need a keyboard handy for typing in system names in the galaxy map (ED's futuristic version of using GPS), but everything else can go over to the buttons on either the throttle stick or flight stick.

This gives me a nice excuse to repost my pics from earlier this year:

iF6m7XGfQlhWu.jpg

ibaJTJstXoWlmN.jpg

ikDN3SwWWGxkN.jpg

Rock Paper Shotgun's latest article is a good place to start for getting up to speed - a lot of the older articles written on the game are fairly out of date now, what with the steady stream of updates and refinements across alpha/beta/gamma builds.

i,m getting by fine using a 360 pad and keyboard combo,sticking to solo mode at the mo,till i fully get my bearings,i sort of get some of the criticisms of the game, and combat can be pretty unforgiving,but as an immersive/exploration type of game it is so good,and probably as close as any of us will get to actual space flight,well worth checking out imo if u feel like treating yourself for xmas

this and assetto corsa are eating up my free time at the mo

Edited by sunshine recorder

Any news on how big a level you can create? And if you can warp pipes?

Word has it you can unlock warp pipes in Mario maker if you use the Warp Pipe amiibo™ .. should be coming out early 2015.

amiibo.jpg

I can't tell if that's a joke or not.

Best Photoshop job ever. Looks like someone used a dog to cut out that sewer pipe.

got a few games for my birfday. dunno when i'll be able to get to them. alien: isolation (ps4), smash bros, little big planet 3. probably will be the only stuff i get for the rest of the year. kind of excited about playing alien after seeing how legit scary games can be now with p.t.

is there tutorial mode in smash like there is in 99% of fighting games now? something that walks you through the mechanics of the game. somehow i've managed to never play much smash ;O

Guest bitroast

Best Photoshop job ever. Looks like someone used a dog to cut out that sewer pipe.

haha, photoshop?? try ms paint real quick while at work :p

Guest trananhhung

The Evil Within is getting my time here - almost done chapter 6 I think and I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed a Resident Evil game.

Can't wait for it to get all racist......

I reached chapter 6 with a friend on his super computer with a giant tv and surround system. We were both incredibly impressed with the game, saying that it looked amazing. Frankly, I've never seen such good graphics. The lighting is unbelievable in his i7 with one of those radeons with 2 gpus and 3 fans. Sorry but I'm out Of touch with cutting edge pc gaming. Too bad I won't be able to finish it, since my iMac can't handle it. Is it good on ps4? I would buy one for that and Bloodborne. Honestly, evil within made me want to go all pc gaming master race and buy a neon pc tower with the latest sli gpus.

I agree. I was having a good time with it for the short period of time I had to play it. Hopefully I can get back to it later this week.

Finally beat Risk of Rain with a friend - the game is even more fun when you play it on coop, the ending is beautiful, boss battles were massive !

Aaaaannnnnd a friend of mine just offered me The Stanley Parable, played it for an hour and couldn't stop laughing - game is utterly fun

still haven't played shovel knight. stoked for it to finally land on sony platforms. hate having to boot up nintendo consoles to play their great games with shitty controllers so i only use it begrudgingly for first party games

still haven't played shovel knight. stoked for it to finally land on sony platforms. hate having to boot up nintendo consoles to play their great games with shitty controllers so i only use it begrudgingly for first party games

I need to finish Shovel Knight. The last time I played, the game glitched up on me and I had to start a stage over. It pissed me off and I just never got back to it.

Guest bitroast

hard to fault the wii u pro controller. sturdy and comfortable, more or less 360 controller layout but right joystick moved to the right (dumb position really but not a problem for Nintendo kind of games (ie. sidescrollers, indie games, virtual console)

and btw. looove shovel knight. those dream sequences with shield knight managed to strike a chord with me for some reason. gave the game juuuust enough backbone to make it feel emotionally substantial while still primarily being a NES styled sidescroller. good stuff :)

controller=

dsc02713.jpg

hard to fault the wii u pro controller. sturdy and comfortable, more or less 360 controller layout but right joystick moved to the right (dumb position really but not a problem for Nintendo kind of games (ie. sidescrollers, indie games, virtual console)

and btw. looove shovel knight. those dream sequences with shield knight managed to strike a chord with me for some reason. gave the game juuuust enough backbone to make it feel emotionally substantial while still primarily being a NES styled sidescroller. good stuff :)

controller=

dsc02713.jpg

yeah need to invest in one of those still. wish the console came w/that instead of the absurd wannabe ipad thing >:(

Guest bitroast

agreed.

it's the similar kind of thing to the wii wiimote thing. it can be fun if implemented well but 99% of the games that enforce it / tack it onto the gameplay miss the point and end up tarnishing the experience a bit. Nintendo are normally the only ones who know how to implement well (firm understanding of hardware/software I guess) so most 3rd party titles for last 2 wii consoles have been totally hit or miss. plus, the consoles are a few steps behind other current gen consoles at the time tech-wise (going for affordability) which means 3rd party support isn't always that great. such a shame cos I still love Nintendo but man they know how to fuck their shit up in the dumbest ways possible : )

I wonder why people hate the Gamepad so much. I haven't had any issue with it. I thought I would need to play Bayonetta 2 with the Pro because it feels more like the 360 controller, but trying to play the game with both, I realized that the Gamepad was much more comfortable to me. I kept missing the buttons on the Pro because it's so similar to the 360's controller and expecting the buttons to be in the same place, but the placement is completely different. I guess it's a matter of preference, but I haven't found a single Wii U game that I prefer using the Pro to play.

whole thing feels very cheap and light and i hate having the damn screen glaring up at me when i'm trying to play games in the dark :cerious:

so used to dualshock since ps1 that everything else feels alien (never owned an xbox of any kind).

Sony gets hacked more times a day than the amazon rainforest

Heh. For a second there I was thinking there was some kind of new Amazon service.