IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yeah I don't believe the next generation of Nintendo has started until there's a 'proper new' Mario

Likewise I refuse that the PS4 is a thing until it gets Ridge Racer 8

finally finished the last of us,only took me bout 18 months on and off!.amazing experience,so nerve shredding at times,and genuinely moving and beautiful too,well worthy of the hype,thinking of getting the left behind dlc,anyone played it? 11.99 on ps store,worth it?

We're still missing that one big spiritual successor to Mario Galaxy and 64, right?

I may just have preferred 3D land + 3D world over the galaxy games..

Need to replay the galaxy games actually. It's been a while now and i'd like to have a fresher perspective.

Agreed tho that a big, full pledged 3d mario game is warranted. Mario is normally the flagship console title so maybe theyre holding out for the next system seeing as the wii u has its share of mario titles.

3D World is all I need. I had so much fun with that game that I really don't desire a new Mario game this gen unless it's a sequel to that one.

finally finished the last of us,only took me bout 18 months on and off!.amazing experience,so nerve shredding at times,and genuinely moving and beautiful too,well worthy of the hype,thinking of getting the left behind dlc,anyone played it? 11.99 on ps store,worth it?

Yea it's really good. Pretty short and not a lot of "real" combat. But good!

thanx,probably gonna get it over the weekend when i get paid,on a different subject,i,m interested in what are everybodys(who,s got steam) top 3 time sinks on steam?

mine are 1/ project cars- 211 hours 2/skyrim-154 hours 3/stalker call of pripyat-130 hours, seems a crazy amount of time when you see totals like that!

Guest bitroast

Yea it's really good. Pretty short and not a lot of "real" combat. But good!

the "gameplay" part of Last of us is probably my least favourite element. most of the game was spent just slightly holding joystick forward to keep the character slowly moving and not making any sound and that was enough to get through the game stealthily (and then the rest was combat, which was shooting and throwing nail grenades and molotovs over and over again haha).

but... I still enjoyed Last of us, primarily for the story. the DLC continues this and is excellent little isolated chunk of story that compliments main game rather nicely.

1/ Left 4 Dead 2 (400+) 2/ BOI:Rebirth (40) 3/ Broforce (25) / Shovel Knight (25)

I was in a game of L4D2 recently with someone who had clocked up over 16,000 hours. I haven't worked it out but I'm guessing he/she must have played it constantly since it was released. 16,000!

1/ Left 4 Dead 2 (400+) 2/ BOI:Rebirth (40) 3/ Broforce (25) / Shovel Knight (25)

I was in a game of L4D2 recently with someone who had clocked up over 16,000 hours. I haven't worked it out but I'm guessing he/she must have played it constantly since it was released. 16,000!

thats crazy! i,ll have to give l4d2 a go some time, also boi rebirth seems to get a lot of praise in these parts

started mgs:ground zeroes since i finally finished peace walker.

definitely the hardest mgs so far. largely due to the minimal hud and the fact that enemies can actually see you from incredibly long distances. basically the best looking ps4 game. still crossing my fingers that hayter plays solid in the full game because jesus christ i hate listening to keifer sutherland in that role

L4D2 is so good, even though it was a completely unnecessary sequel. Surely Valve have another franchise to extend upon? :whistling:

But yeah, 16k hours is fucking nuts. The game must constantly be minimized or something.

We're still missing that one big spiritual successor to Mario Galaxy and 64, right?

Need to replay the galaxy games actually. It's been a while now and i'd like to have a fresher perspective.

Agreed tho that a big, full pledged 3d mario game is warranted. Mario is normally the flagship console title so maybe theyre holding out for the next system seeing as the wii u has its share of mario titles.

3D World is all I need. I had so much fun with that game that I really don't desire a new Mario game this gen unless it's a sequel to that one.

i enjoyed mario cats well enough but vastly prefer the 64/sunshine/galaxy type. i found the fixed perspective of cats really hard to wrap my head around but that may have come from only playing it multiplayer.

*edit, also just went to the optometrist for the first time in about 20 yrs and found out i have bad vis and astigmatism in both eyes which can affect depth perception (my biggest problem w/3d world)

Edited by juiceciuj

Guest bitroast

i enjoyed mario cats well enough but vastly prefer the 64/sunshine/galaxy type. i found the fixed perspective of cats really hard to wrap my head around but that may have come from only playing it multiplayer.

oh totally. the multiplayer is fun but it feels a lot more compromised than the single player.

single player has limited camera control in that most areas you can rotate the camera around your player, and also zoom in and out a few degrees to get different angles. it was still all very strict and would be dependant on the level design, but that was kind of cool because it kept the overall visual design very design and focused. the game kind of reminded me of abstract modern art or something half the time..

multiplayer loses that camera control and sticks to the forced angle, plus camera was dependant on multiplayer players proximity to each other..

Yeah I don't believe the next generation of Nintendo has started until there's a 'proper new' Mario

Likewise I refuse that the PS4 is a thing until it gets Ridge Racer 8

Super Mario 3D World is a 'proper' Mario game - and a really, really good one. It should be the de-facto pack-in for the Wii U.

Haven't played it but it just doesn't seem like THAT BIG MARIO GAME that gets a 98 on Metacritic.

But the N64 got Mario 64, the GameCube got Super Mario Sunshine (uuuurgh), and the Wii had Super Mario Sunshine so I guess the Wii U has to settle with a smaller and inferior Mario game just like the Gamecube

Picked up bf4 for $10 on sale. Me and some friends are having a blast enjoying the levolution experience for the first time. Been a diehard battlefield fan since 1942/desert combat mod. Getting the game a year after release has been a very good experience. Glad I didn't have to deal with the major bug issues on release. Only downfall is that I'm a pc fps gamer forever. I am so terrible with a console controller for fps. But alas, my pc is dead, and it will be a while before I can throw together another one.

FarCry4, maybe I need to put more time into it, but so far the experience isn't as enjoyable as fc3 was. Again perhaps it's the fps gameplay on console that is turning me off. I miss my pc.

rumor has it nintendo direct will announce new 3ds fo us in the morning and looking like a 2/13 release date. might actually buy into the 3ds ecosystem. wondering though, i know proper 3ds "backup" cards aren't working to the same extent that say, the r4 did for original ds, but can is there an r4 card (or similar) card that will let me play my original ds "backups"?

Edited by juiceciuj

PS+ gave us Infamous: First Light for free this month, played through that in about a night... I'll probably mess around with it some more, It looks pretty. I might have to try out Second Son at some point. I also see that Dark Souls 2 is eventually coming to next-gen so I'll probably have to subject myself to that when it does.. Still waiting on Bloodborne.

ja i recently started playing infamous (free from the big ps crash of whenever) because i want to be caught up before playing the new stuff which looks gooooooooooorgeous. also watched my gf beat infamous and it looked pretty fun.