IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

yes, Assassin's Creed is dumb as well, i played the black flag one and most of the time the game forces you to collecting stuff so i ditched it. call of duty is different, it's multiplayer so it's as dumb as your opponent and that usually scales up pretty fast.

it's not like dumb console gaming can't coexist with deep and immersive pc gaming, but the big companies go after big money and with time more more people joined the potential market, so the average user dumbness increased. i mean bioware used to do rpgs where you had to spend hours on just thinking about your skill trees and thinking about your every move, now it's busy with proper implementation of gaysex or something and all of the tactics are pretty much gone.

Edited by eugene

yes, Assassin's Creed is dumb as well, i played the black flag one and most of the time the game forces you to collecting stuff so i ditched it. call of duty is different, it's multiplayer so it's as dumb as your opponent and that usually scales up pretty fast.

it's not like dumb console gaming can't coexist with deep and immersive pc gaming, but the big companies go after big money and with time more more people joined the potential market, so the average user dumbness increased. i mean bioware used to do rpgs where you had to spend hours on just thinking about your skill trees and thinking about your every move, now it's busy with proper implementation of gaysex or something and all of the tactics are pretty much gone.

Hey - gaysex is very tactical! (so I hear)

im tired of the countless indie titles that appear on steam every day. steam is marketing towards kids it seems with all of these goofy brightly colored things for $5

on pc, its either consolized triple-a games that are dumbed down, games that are early access (dead on release), or low quality crowdfunded games

two i am looking at are the elite remake, and pillars of eternity. those are both crowdfunded though :/

kinda bummed that peace walker is apparently cannon and that i need to beat it before mgs 5 comes out. popped in ground zeroes and had a good portion of peace walker spoiled already. have tried peace walker a couple of times and just couldn't get into it. i'll give it another go i guess

Bought System Shock 2 on Steam for a buck. Very fun, my first play through. Kind of a pain in the ass at times and I restarted my character a few hours in because i wanted to redo my stats. Very frustrating when you accidentally set off security cameras. After trial and error, i think i've finally gotten a grasp on what this game wants me to do: hack and conserve ammo, don't treat it like a shooter and use wrench for weak enemies. Game is way ahead of its time also. What ever happened to complexity in games?

Bought System Shock 2 on Steam for a buck. Very fun, my first play through. Kind of a pain in the ass at times and I restarted my character a few hours in because i wanted to redo my stats. Very frustrating when you accidentally set off security cameras. After trial and error, i think i've finally gotten a grasp on what this game wants me to do: hack and conserve ammo, don't treat it like a shooter and use wrench for weak enemies. Game is way ahead of its time also. What ever happened to complexity in games?

$

Guest jasondonervan

beautiful tune/game/ great channel(other places)

I've been trying to tell you lot this for months, get cracking!

Although be aware that it is a fairly sparse game, so making up your own narrative is a major part of it, which isn't for everyone but floats my Cobra Mk III

Holy shit.

I just fought Mega Satan in the Binding of Isaac. I've got all the endings now, but still need to unlock one challenge plus get a few items.

Edited by Braintree

been trying to get into Mount & Blade (Warband).... most of my time so far has been spent trying to figure out what to do with myself, but I just became a mercenary for the Rhodoks and things seem to be picking up. fun game, i'm just terrible at open world sims... I basically have my character do whatever I'd do IRL, which in this case is relegating myself to being a peasant and trading grain between villages for a pittance. im so lame.

Been playing Game Dev Tycoon, having a lot of fun. Made a million with a FPS for the mbox called Hallo. Lost lots of money with a game called Hokeballs on the portable GPS system. Fun fun.

Oh, and my main programmer is called Tycho Brahe. :emotawesomepm9:

Yay for PS4s on sale at Walmart today. Just bought one. Gonna play some Guilty Gear Xrd if I can pull myself out of bed.....

Guest bitroast

Any news on how big a level you can create? And if you can warp pipes?

Word has it you can unlock warp pipes in Mario maker if you use the Warp Pipe amiibo™ .. should be coming out early 2015.

amiibo.jpg

Any news on how big a level you can create? And if you can warp pipes?

Word has it you can unlock warp pipes in Mario maker if you use the Warp Pipe amiibo™ .. should be coming out early 2015.

amiibo.jpg

I can't tell if that's a joke or not.

Edited by autopilot

Guest jasondonervan

This looks very immersive. although I'm a little turned off by the fact that it's an mmo.

Ignoring the fact that it's an 'online-only' game, there is a solo mode where you can play without any human interaction - so you can spacetruck or pirate your way around the galaxy without any pesky humans getting in the way.