IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I reinstalled Skyrim because of recent talk of it in this thread and it's still awesome. The most fun part for me is just finding creative ways to get up & down mountains.

Main reason I started playing it a month ago is because my coworker is a big fan as well as his son, and he's been trying for months to talk me into playing it. Normally I'm not into fantasy-themed games, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy Skyrim plus all DLCs for less than 30 bucks on Steam. Plus it got rave reviews all round.

Just finished the Dawnguard quest line at Level 34, but still have a shitload of pending quests - some of which are risky in terms of potential crimes.

Binding of Isaac is all I play lately, it's like crack. Getting closer and closer to unlocking everything

Same here. Beat Mega Satan twice, now need to beat The Lamb.

Nostalgia tripping on COD4, the best call of duty. Really great to be able to play it with mouse and keys instead of xbox controller

COD4 was definitely the most balanced out of the three modern warfare games. Although, manning an AC-130 was fun as fuck.

Binding of Isaac is all I play lately, it's like crack. Getting closer and closer to unlocking everything

I'm still unlocking stuff from seemingly random things that I do. I've beat Mega Satan a bunch but haven't gotten every item yet. I think I have to beat it with specific characters in various ways to unlock anything at this point.

Have you encountered the room that appears after killing mom that has every boss in the game? I've only run into it twice.

Have you encountered the room that appears after killing mom that has every boss in the game? I've only run into it twice.

Yeah, beat that twice as well. I have most challenges done too. It really never gets old.

I haven't beaten blue baby, mega satan, etc. in hard mode though.

Edit: you get to that boss rush room by beating Mom within 20mins. That's what that clock means when you hit 'tab' to look at the larger map.

Edited by Guest

Nostalgia tripping on COD4, the best call of duty. Really great to be able to play it with mouse and keys instead of xbox controller

COD4 was definitely the most balanced out of the three modern warfare games. Although, manning an AC-130 was fun as fuck.

I'm still unlocking stuff from seemingly random things that I do. I've beat Mega Satan a bunch but haven't gotten every item yet. I think I have to beat it with specific characters in various ways to unlock anything at this point.

There's no point in defeating Mega Satan more than once though (except for the fun of it that is). I'm focusing on killing ??? and The Lamb with every character and then I'll try to do the same with The Lost on hard mode, just to drop the game shortly after I guess, seeing how ridiculously hard that is

How do you get The Lost? I haven't unlocked it yet.

When you beat The Lamb with Isaac, you unlock a trinket, the "Missing Poster", which is apparently useless. But if you die in a sacrifice room while holding it, you'll see a puzzle piece over your "last will", that is, the game over screen. People were supposed to work together over the internet and put together all the pieces; that would eventually reveal the way to unlock The Lost. However, people had already datamined the whole thing after a couple days. Anyways, to unlock The Lost, do these in order:

1. As Isaac, die to a Mulliboom (the guys with a bomb on their heads that follow you) on the first or 2nd floor
  2. As Magdalene, die to your own bomb in the 3rd or 4th floor
  3. As Judas, die to Mom on the 5th or 6th floor
  4. As Azazel, die to Satan (on Sheol)

You can reset as many times as you want, and you can use seeds (unless it's been patched), but if you die "incorrectly" you'll have to start all over again.

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

i cant even get past isaac or satan on hard mode without playing as azazel. ive battered 120 hours into it now aswell. i only put 100 hours into skyrim.

I can barely make it past 'it lives' with eve, she is a terrible character.

My favourite is Sampson, the damage bonus from getting hurt stacks really nicely with certain damage pickups, I've ended up with tears way bigger than his head by the end of some floors.

I'm actually in the middle of composing my own soundtrack for this game, I really don't like the music. I'l post it in here when I'm done.

Edited by messiaen

Look forward to hearing your soundtrack messiaen. The soundtrack in my game often glitches out for some reason, so I always listen to Bandcamp or whatever while playing. It's a good game for listening to new stuff to.

So my soft-spot for tactical strategy games and WW2 theme just found a perfect match:

Company of Heroes 2.

Just finished it and although the game is really good graphic and gameplay-wise, I found the single player campaign a little disturbing on occasions. I know the Soviets faced a nearly-impossible struggle at the time of the German invasion, but this one is a little over the top regarding the Polish resistance members, No-retreat orders and general cannon-fodder ways of dealing with the Germans. If it were a game made around, say, the British in North Africa vs. Germans, the narrative would be completely different. Out of political reasons, of course.

Just got The Lost. Is there some big reward for going through the whole game without being hit at all?

Well, the achievements for going through the game and not getting hit... there are 3-4 if I remember correctly.

The Lost is really a character for hardcore players.

Binding of Isaac really is the most fun game I've probably played since the 90's - the developers really captured what made games back then really fun, and the visuals appeal to me now (I was down on them before, but now I see what they were going for).

Finally got around to playing (and finishing) Costume Quest, along with the expansion campaign. Pretty neat little game, but I suppose I wouldn't expect anything less from Tim Schafer. I just wish there was more stuff to do upon completion.

There's Costume Quest 2 that just came out recently. We really enjoyed Costume Quest when it came out. Fun little game.

Likewise - we're getting closer - only 6 more challenges to go!

Likewise - we're getting closer - only 6 more challenges to go!

Did you do Suicide King? omg...

Solar System I almost got.

Slow Roller is so crazy fun.

Finally got around to playing (and finishing) Costume Quest, along with the expansion campaign. Pretty neat little game, but I suppose I wouldn't expect anything less from Tim Schafer. I just wish there was more stuff to do upon completion.

There's Costume Quest 2 that just came out recently. We really enjoyed Costume Quest when it came out. Fun little game.

Got it on my Steam wishlist right now. Just waiting for the perfect opportunity to snatch it up. (a.k.a. Steam sale)

How would you say it compares to the first? I'm hoping for more mini-games/side quests.

Got it on my Steam wishlist right now. Just waiting for the perfect opportunity to snatch it up. (a.k.a. Steam sale)

How would you say it compares to the first? I'm hoping for more mini-games/side quests.

I haven't played it yet - BOI has been eating up my time - I'd say read reviews, and see if it stacks up to what you liked about CC1.

New game from Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, DMC) on PS4 and PC - Hellblade:

Their characters and visuals are getting damn near photorealistic! The eye flickering/twitching really did it for me.

Just got The Lost. Is there some big reward for going through the whole game without being hit at all?

Well, as with every character, you get items for defeating bosses; not very good items imo, but not bad either. You also get a very good item for defeating the 6 main bosses on Hard (thus making The Lost the only character worth going past the Womb in hard mode)

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy