IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Goddam the PS Vita offers for Xmas are really tempting...Almost bought one this afternoon (the pack including Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank etc.)

I really don't know what to get between a Vita and a GCW Zero (the retrogaming console). HELP !

Goddam the PS Vita offers for Xmas are really tempting...Almost bought one this afternoon (the pack including Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank etc.)

I really don't know what to get between a Vita and a GCW Zero (the retrogaming console). HELP !

If you like the Vita games but don't particularly game on the go, you might consider a PlayStation TV - all the Vita goodness, without the portability (sort of) - only 99USD too. Also nice if you have a PS4, you can use it as a Remote Play(station) for another TV in your house.

I saw the Borderlands bundle (Vita) available for 170USD recently as well...

Is Project Cars ever going to get released?

20th march was the last date mentioned-great game but deffo need more time spent on it,still a bit buggy

assetto corsa is on steam now tho,bit more hardcore but nearly complete,runs superbly and is totally moddable(tracks/cars/skins,etc)and the fan base has already created some superb content up there with stuff thats in the original version

Next up in my series of videogame photography, I've now moved over to Drive Club (PS4). It looks... quite good:

i9FvBlw3pQ2gk.jpg

ibsyAx5ay3O6OY.jpg

I had such high hopes for this game... visually, beautiful, but gameplay-wise, I understand it's not all what it cracked up to be - the Destiny of racing games, if you will.

was playing p.t. with the missus late last nite. lights out and sound up. both got too freaked out to finish it. had to play some sport friends(fucking dope game) to lighten the mood.

Faster Than Light is insanely addictive. thought i finally had the prick with a mixture my burst laser II + III mixed with a hull beam while the shields were down. took out the first two iterations of the boss ship in like 3 hits, but on the third one they transported 6 fuckers into my ship and ripped me to shreds from the inside.

beast of a game.

It looks like a slimmer Wii U Gamepad was outed on a new Mario Kart 8 commercial.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243595-what-is-up-with-the-gamepad-in-this-mario-kart-8-commercial

I can't tell if it is thinner or not. But does this mean that they'll be slimmer packed in with newer Wii U consoles or will be able to buy them now? I wonder how much that would cost.

Guest bitroast

I assume PT was made especially cryptic and not in a "this representative of how cryptic the game is going to be in general" kind of way to allow some extra mileage out of such a short game (it's legit like, 1 or 2ish rooms yeah?).

also, I sincerely hope Nintendo release a new gamepad.

the one we've got has a dent in the screen and it sometimes registers as an input, which interrupts some gamplay (ie. emulators, where the gamepad doesn't even need to be used but cannot be switched off) (and you can't buy a new gamepad) (and the only way to get it fixed is to ship it and pay for repairs).

I assume PT was made especially cryptic and not in a "this representative of how cryptic the game is going to be in general" kind of way to allow some extra mileage out of such a short game (it's legit like, 1 or 2ish rooms yeah?).

yeah, at the end of p.t. there's a disclaimer that states that it's not representative of silent hills. i enjoyed the hell out of it for what it was. def recommended if you have a ps4 and decent sound system. i managed to steer clear of any spoilers/walkthroughs before playing it.

got a good deal on ground zeroes and wolfenstein. popped in gz and realized that i def need to beat peacewalker before i play it. haven't played wolfy yet

Just played Far Cry 3 to find out what the big deal is.

Couldn't find it.

Seriously, does Ubisoft have some sort of template they use for every fucking game? You can draw so many parrallels to other Ubisoft games. And what the fuck was up with the "insanity is doing the same thing everyday, expecting things to change." line? Is this some sort of concious, self-depricating gag they added to make fun of themselves? Because they have a nack for making the exact same repetitive play-by-numbers shit, over and over again. I have the feeling they spend a lot of time on graphics, on how everything looks, lots of time on crafting details and maps. And when all that is complete, just place a bunch of samey forts and collectibles across the map. Bam, added 30 hours of gameplay. And make everything static, no time for adding physics, because they want to create the illusion of an open world game without actually providing that. And fuck me, did I almost go into a fit of rage when there was a "follow person without being seen" mission. That was about fucking %75 of the missions in AC:Black Flag. Seems they build all their games around AC, because that was a huge hit, so lets template shit around it so everything else becomes huge too! And why do they keep adding multiplayers? Multiplayer games are supposed to be something you can get into for a long time. But why bother spending time doing that with an Ubisoft game when they will release a brand new same game with different but same multiplayer one year later. Seriously, they are churning shit out at this point. Can't believe so many people gobble it up.

I did like taking over those outposts tho. I almost always got the extra unseen XP. But that was about it when it comes to fun. Storywise I had a lot of moments where I went "oh, fuck off". I could go on tho. I expect Far Cry 4 to be the exact same shit of doing the exact same shit over and over again, but "different". I don't expect this shit to change. That would be a bit crazy amirite.

Played Thief (the new one). I'll probably never get good at stealth games but I do enjoy breaking them, because this one really doesn't handle you going full-Rambo very well. Also, they crammed COD-like set pieces in there with you falling through roofs and buildings collapsing all around you in one level, which was super cool and fitting for a game where you play as a sneaky thief. There was also some exciting stuff about blue crystals that turn your girlfriend or sister or whatever into a ghost, resulting in spooky hallucinations.

Great game.

My son and I are determined to beat Binding of Issac: Rebirth 100% - been doing some insane runs, and have almost unlocked all the challenges. Amazing little game.

Finally got to the fourth level in Geometry Wars 3 - game is brutal.

Also, Amazon has the Playstation TV for 70USD - tempted to get one to play all those free Vita games I got with PS Plus...