IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finally bought and started Octodad. First game I'm playing on my computer with a gamepad (I know, I'm quite late to the party here).

It's a really shitty gamepad tho and won't work with Binding of Isaac, which sucks...

Also : is Shovel Knight really worth 15€ ? It's out on Mac finally but 15€ for an indie, 8-bit looking game is quite a lot so...

PSN ddos attack is starting to piss me off. I can't even get the digital download versions of single player games to start. What shit.

Finally bought and started Octodad. First game I'm playing on my computer with a gamepad (I know, I'm quite late to the party here).

It's a really shitty gamepad tho and won't work with Binding of Isaac, which sucks...

Also : is Shovel Knight really worth 15€ ? It's out on Mac finally but 15€ for an indie, 8-bit looking game is quite a lot so...

Do you have a PS3 controller? You can hook that up and use it if you do, although you'll need a program like Motioninjoy for it to work right.

Also I only just started using a gamepad too, good stuff :gamer:> :watmm:

Guest bitroast

Played through good chunk of Shadowgate on NES last night. Omg this game is classic... The atmosphere still cuts through :)

Prompted me to buy Eternal Darkness on gamecube. Have mostly overlooked the horror genre so im pretty stoked^^ (just to wait for delivery on that one..)

I have DriveClub and AC:Unity on their way in the mail. Grabbed them for $30 each.

Warlords of Draenor continues to entertain me along with Dragon Age: Inquisition.

scooped nidhogg psvita/ps4 for 8.99 on sale this week. i assume most people would think it's overpriced as it's basically a 2 player couch coop game with practically no story/single player. only one character and four levels. it's really pretty fucking cool though. hoping a couple of my friendos will play it with me but they're usually sore sports and won't play anything after losing a couple of bouts -_-

Guest bitroast

oh man nidhogg is THE 2 player couch game. i mean. it wears thin a bit and you have to know when to switch it off but if you have mates over playing games its worth whipping it out and having a few games :) ultra competitive and good screamy fun.

speaking of which, played smash bros wii u last night with 4 peeps. that game is solid. first time i've really wanted to own a smash bros game and play through it 1 player. it plays alot like the gamecube one but finetuned to such a ridiculous extent that it feels kind of perfect?? v impressed :)

^awes. i'm hoping the whole simple to learn, hard to master aspect will appeal to people. really stoked for samurai gunn too (which was supposed to release this year on ps4/vita but has apparently been delayed) for the same reasons

Guest transmisiones ferox

ab-so-lu-te-ly stunning, bravo playstation, bravo naughty dog

Edited by arvy Ictal

Shovel Knight was the best time I have had with a game for quite some time. Totally worth the money. Its more than just a nostalgia sale, there is a legitimately great game in there.

^having loads of fun running through it on ps4 with the missus. it's fucking bonkers easy so far though. she's playing a crusader to my wizard and any large mobs we just run in and cast two aoes and everything's dead :\

^having loads of fun running through it on ps4 with the missus. it's fucking bonkers easy so far though. she's playing a crusader to my wizard and any large mobs we just run in and cast two aoes and everything's dead :\

You have to beat it a couple times to up the difficulty. Which is unfortunate since Diablo 3 is so mind numbingly boring after you beat it once.

the new modes read like they're kind of interesting but have to be beaten first to access them. i've never been the type to beat a diablo game more than once at a time so the whole "botched end game" doesn't really bother me. is kinda shitty that it doesn't ever get hard though... i haven't come close to dying once =\

Just finished Octodad after...3 hours of playing. I knew it wasn't the longest game ever but didn't thought it was THAT short. Still need to play the 2 bonus levels and unlock all achievements tho :gamer:

Oh and the Steam Sales really got me mad, I just bought Kerbal Space Program. Tried to build rockets for an hour and a half but never managed to put them on orbit. The game looks awesome but so hard to learn, I hope I won't give up too early !

Although I'm three years late, I've been playing Skyrim for the past month. Think I can see why it got high praise. It's also nice to have a laptop on which it performs well.

Skyrim is a beast. On one hand, it's an amazingly realized open world with varied locations that's beautiful and fun to explore, and the stealth mechanics aren't all that bad. The world-building in terms of how it fits into the Elder Scrolls mythos and how carefully they've constructed the universe through the dialogue, environmental storytelling, & in-game books is mindblowing.

On the other hand, it plays like complete shit. Like, the actual combat/AI/controls are garbage. I'm glad I played it before playing the recent Far Cry games, because now trying to go back & play Skyrim after playing an open-world game that's actually fun to play in addition to being fun to explore, I find myself very frustrated with it.

Guest Pennywise

Skyrim is a beast. On one hand, it's an amazingly realized open world with varied locations that's beautiful and fun to explore, and the stealth mechanics aren't all that bad. The world-building in terms of how it fits into the Elder Scrolls mythos and how carefully they've constructed the universe through the dialogue, environmental storytelling, & in-game books is mindblowing.

On the other hand, it plays like complete shit. Like, the actual combat/AI/controls are garbage. I'm glad I played it before playing the recent Far Cry games, because now trying to go back & play Skyrim after playing an open-world game that's actually fun to play in addition to being fun to explore, I find myself very frustrated with it.

yeh hope the next fallout is just as cool. so looking forward to a new fallout game