IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Trials Fusion ftw!

Finally finished Fez - every stage, every item, everything. Very satisfying. Great game - one of the best I've played in the last 30+ years.

Everything? Damn. I got stuck when it came to translating all the scripts.

Steam walkthrough FTW :emotawesomepm9:

bunk-the-wire.gif

LOL

But yeah, I hope you didn't use that walkthrough throughout the entire game. That game is all about discovering.

No, I tried to do as much as I could on my own, and only resorted to the guide when I got really stuck - I was proud of myself that I noticed the invisible platforms (old video game trope nobody hardly uses anymore) on my own!

The only problem I have with Alien: Isolation is how much they're revealing up front. Of course, the main problem is that the Alien is nothing but a mere pantomime villain. Everyone knows what it looks like, roughly how it will behave - there's no getting around that - but I don't want to be spoon-fed a bunch of back-story, a tour of the environment, etc. for a game that's meant to evoke exploration of a stark space in tense circumstances. I understand CA's desire to re-educate people after the abomination that was Colonial Marines, but not at the expense of revealing a lot of what's behind the curtain before anyone has even had a chance to take to their seats and actually play it.

I really hope they can capture the magic Dead Space (the first one) had - this coming for PS4? Oh, yes it is! I might have to give this a go!

Joyrex, on 22 Apr 2014 - 4:28 PM, said:

Squee, on 22 Apr 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

triachus, on 21 Apr 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Joyrex, on 21 Apr 2014 - 9:21 PM, said:

Squee, on 21 Apr 2014 - 8:53 PM, said:

Trials Fusion ftw!

Joyrex, on 21 Apr 2014 - 4:25 PM, said:

Finally finished Fez - every stage, every item, everything. Very satisfying. Great game - one of the best I've played in the last 30+ years.

bunk-the-wire.gif

LOL

But yeah, I hope you didn't use that walkthrough throughout the entire game. That game is all about discovering.

No, I tried to do as much as I could on my own, and only resorted to the guide when I got really stuck - I was proud of myself that I noticed the invisible platforms (old video game trope nobody hardly uses anymore) on my own!

They are not actually invisible.

You can spot them on the maps you find if you turn them around 180 degrees

But you probably knew that already :)

Joyrex, on 22 Apr 2014 - 4:28 PM, said:

Squee, on 22 Apr 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

triachus, on 21 Apr 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Joyrex, on 21 Apr 2014 - 9:21 PM, said:

Squee, on 21 Apr 2014 - 8:53 PM, said:

Trials Fusion ftw!

Joyrex, on 21 Apr 2014 - 4:25 PM, said:

bunk-the-wire.gif

LOL

They are not actually invisible.

You can spot them on the maps you find if you turn them around 180 degrees

But you probably knew that already :)

Yeah, I found out about them being on the maps AFTER the fact... the last treasure chest (the one that you have to pan upwards just to see)I needed - I noticed one of the maps looked like the level, and I was trying to get the perspective to match the map, and I accidently rotated the map instead of the game... *smacks forehead*

Still not got round to the 'quick brown fox' deciphering - surely it'll take bloody hours !

That was not as hard as I expected it to be... but fuck me if I'm going to translate all what the master cube says...

Shit. I want to play Fez now.

It is so awesome - and I especially love the music by Disasterpeace - I wonder if there is a Fez soundtrack...

But that lava climb level... my platforming skills have atrophied for sure... took me about 20 tries before I got that one right - the best hint I can give for that is when you climb up the flipping blocks, to double jump (tap jump twice as you are climbing onto the block) - you'll get up faster, and be prepared to jump again when the block flips.

Of course there is a Fez OST! Bought!

http://disasterpeace.com/album/fez-ost

Yeah, i watched some 20 minute play through from the intro, the music was very nice, and integrated well with the sound effects.

You really get lost in the world... especially if you have a good surround sound setup... despite the pixel graphics, it really does transport you into the game (visually and sonically). I might have to adopt Fez as my new avatar!

It is so awesome - and I especially love the music by Disasterpeace - I wonder if there is a Fez soundtrack...

But that lava climb level... my platforming skills have atrophied for sure... took me about 20 tries before I got that one right - the best hint I can give for that is when you climb up the flipping blocks, to double jump (tap jump twice as you are climbing onto the block) - you'll get up faster, and be prepared to jump again when the block flips.

Yeah, the soundtrack is wonderful.

I never got around to finishing it because I took a break from it and that's not something you want to do with Fez because you'll just end up forgetting a whole bunch of things.

Yeah, the soundtrack is wonderful.

I never got around to finishing it because I took a break from it and that's not something you want to do with Fez because you'll just end up forgetting a whole bunch of things.

Nah, play a bit, explore - it will all come back to you - just like riding a bike.

I finally got a copy of the SNES version of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and it's stranger than I remembered it. It's weird being considered a canonical sequel to SMW, because it doesn't play like a Mario game at all. It's harder, and being that you play with Yoshi, the controls and mechanics take a lot of getting used to. His movement is fast and kind of slippery, which makes the usual Mario platforming a sloppier affair. Saying all that, it is pretty fun and I'm glad I finally got the cart. I only rented the game once or twice when I was in high school, and I barely played it, so coming back to it now seems like a new experience.

Guest jasondonervan

Nice - how are the new songs, do they fit in with the original three ?

Only had time for a quick run and to take some snaps earlier, 3DS is on charge so I'll give some impressions on the new tunes later :)

I think I'll start all over. Plus, I've already thrown out all my Fez notes.

I don't know if I would replay it myself - it's one of those games that once you do everything, the urge to do it again is lost.

The fantastic game, The Puppeteer will be free on PSN+ next month (US only, I think) - anyone who hasn't played this fantastic game should try the demo. Very innovative and very well done.

ETwBackdrop-640x354.jpg

The site in Alamogordo, New Mexico, where Atari is rumored to have buried some 3.5 million copies of the video game cartridge E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is set to be dug up this Saturday.

Apparently Microsoft is backing this documentary - are they thinking if they remind everyone how bad this game was, it will deflect attention away from how they are ruining XBONE?

I've been playing a fuck ton of Battlefield 4

if anyone wants to add me on there, same username as here.

I'm assuming on the only platform it actually works on, which is PC, right?

I've been playing a fuck ton of Battlefield 4

if anyone wants to add me on there, same username as here.

I'm assuming on the only platform it actually works on, which is PC, right?

it's still not perfect on PC, honestly. I think it's a bit more stable than on the consoles at the moment. They only just recently fixed a bug relating to running the game in a borderless windowed mode (which is really useful for people like me who have multi monitor setups), then they broke it again for about a month, and then fixed it again.

I'm getting weird issues on the Nansha Strike map from the latest DLC, which I'm sure will take them years to fix.

But I've been persevering with the bugs and I'm liking the game.

they really need to fix this bug though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IRIbIMO0SY