IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

what are some great, but old or simple (graphicswise) games for the pc? my new one will be here tminus a month or so, but in the meantime i cant really make any tunes or anything so im looking for something to piss about with in the meantime. i like realtime strategy and rpg's alot. also decent shooters.

wololo

OUR BASE IS UNDER ATTACK

zerg rush

Age of Empires

Tiberian Sun/Command and Conquer

Starcraft

also Fallout 2 for RPGs, and System Shock 2 for teh shootins.

if you want an old Doom/Quake-ish shooter for the nostalgia factor, I recommend Blood. it's pretty funny too.

I keep glancing at Dark Souls in Steam, but the strong suggestion of playing with a controller puts me off. I'm much more of a keyboard and mouse person and I keep reading how the K+M controls are bad. Anyone have any insight on this? I played all the 3rd person GTAs with K+M and I didn't have any trouble.

what are some great, but old or simple (graphicswise) games for the pc? my new one will be here tminus a month or so, but in the meantime i cant really make any tunes or anything so im looking for something to piss about with in the meantime. i like realtime strategy and rpg's alot. also decent shooters.

the first Deus Ex

Good call on DX. The third one (Human Revolution) is good too, but the second one is shit.

I keep glancing at Dark Souls in Steam, but the strong suggestion of playing with a controller puts me off. I'm much more of a keyboard and mouse person and I keep reading how the K+M controls are bad. Anyone have any insight on this? I played all the 3rd person GTAs with K+M and I didn't have any trouble.

just buy a ds3/4 you sissy

you should already have one for emulating ps2 games

What's a ds3/4?

I have a PS2 adapter for my PC, so I can play with a PS2 controller. I just generally prefer K+M.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Finished ICO, now playing Shadow Of Colossus, great game, mechanics is stunning! but also boring as fuck...maybe why I skipped whole ps2 gen... for me either the ps1 or ps3...

'Shadow of the Colossus' is second to the best PS2 game ever 'Katamari Damacy'! I guess the riding around searching for the Colossuseseses would be the boring part, but I felt the environment was calmly immersive.

What's a ds3/4?

I have a PS2 adapter for my PC, so I can play with a PS2 controller. I just generally prefer K+M.

DualShock 3 or 4 (aka PS3 or PS4 controller) - both use Bluetooth, so if your PC has BT, you can easily pair one up and it's hands down the best controller (although some would argue the XBOX 360 controller is better and works with Windows right out of the box).

What's a ds3/4?

DualShock 3 or 4 (aka PS3 or PS4 controller) - both use Bluetooth, so if your PC has BT, you can easily pair one up and it's hands down the best controller (although some would argue the XBOX 360 controller is better and works with Windows right out of the box).

OK, so playing with a PS2 controller should be essentially the same. Other than the BlueTooth, I didn't notice that many differences between the PS2 and PS3 controllers.

Guest transmisiones ferox

is it stunning or boring as fuck then?

I'm not saying 'or', I say "also"

is it stunning or boring as fuck then?

Stunning as fuck :cisfor:

lel

What's a ds3/4?

OK, so playing with a PS2 controller should be essentially the same. Other than the BlueTooth, I didn't notice that many differences between the PS2 and PS3 controllers.

Yep - even better since it's a wired connection.

What's a ds3/4?

Yep - even better since it's a wired connection.

Cool, thanks, JR! The first one is $20 in Steam, so I'll give it a go this weekend.

*jots it down*

I finally got around to starting Deus Ex: HR, approximately a year after asking about it on watmm

I liked the part where I backtracked through the first real level for an hour because I couldn't see the other door that was clearly in the server room

Edited by baph