IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgYMUa4e6JQ

I don't understand shit

I used to be a huge Metal Gear fan, but the overall story is so convoluted now that it's almost off putting. I'm not as excited for this one as I want to be, plus all the cutscenes get really tiresome.

The plot has been overwhelmingly convoluted since MGS 2 though. The plot is expected to be a clusterfuck. It is still a fun game if you skip the cutscenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgYMUa4e6JQ

I don't understand shit

I used to be a huge Metal Gear fan, but the overall story is so convoluted now that it's almost off putting. I'm not as excited for this one as I want to be, plus all the cutscenes get really tiresome.

The plot has been overwhelmingly convoluted since MGS 2 though. The plot is expected to be a clusterfuck. It is still a fun game if you skip the cutscenes

MGS3 had cleaned it up a lot, plus the few episodes on PSP which were cool. But yeah, MGS4 was just dizzy despite its gameplay. Bloody headaches.

Everything was just so mysterious before, which was awesome, but they had to explain everything with "nanomachines man, it's the nanomachines".

Guest Enter a new display name

MGS4 tried too hard to conclude the MGS timeline, yet Kojima keeps developing interquels despite his numerous retirement announcements from the series. MGS5 could be a great game but the bar has been set far too high with the release of Ground Zeroes and the numerous demos shown at events since forever. I think the hype will eventually wear off in my case.

Edited by Enter a new display name

Guest Radioactive Mind

Wasteland 2! I waited until it was properly finished and never bothered with the early access. Just got into it this morning briefly, but I'll settle into it later this afternoon with a few drinks.

playing SSB4 3ds right now, but its the demo, cant wait for 2 weeks

i messed around with the demo for a bit last night. seems like it will be more fun than Brawl, but at the same time it feels a little too similar (visually at least).

NaissanceE !! Great labyrinthine/platform/exploring trap mental game! An adventure through Droning Empty Megastructures: some levels are like exploring Draft7.30 spaces.

Is that as darn amazing as it looks ?!

Guest bitroast

HYRULE WARRIORS.

i'll be honest, haven't played a dynasty warriors game before. I understand the gameplay of this is more or less no different. however, having the whole game reskinned with Zelda characters and locations and items etc makes the whole game appear a whole lot more >> fun <<.

playing the game 2 player is great fun (1 player on tv, player 2 on gamepad) (resolution framerate drops a bit but its a compromise you can live with). smashing through hordes of enemies while trying to balance ownership of the battlefield and taking over keeps is a lot of fun. it's almost incredibly mind numbing but if you sink into it it makes a lot of sense and has a lot of depth to it (if you think about the game too much the brain hurts a little).

lot of fun. the Japanese metal extreme remixes of Zelda songs are fun too, and the greatest part is the options have volume control, so if you do get sick of the cheese music you can turn it down and blast syro instead :)

recommended, fun game

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

theres a level where you play as link on death mountain fighting army of goron soldiers. and some of them are wearing professional wrestling style helmets and protection. it's totally fan service and to be honest it's kind of great. it's like a Dynasty Warriors Zelda fan hack but done with full access to assets and with heaps of care and attention. recommended if you you are sliiiightly interested :)

NaissanceE !! Great labyrinthine/platform/exploring trap mental game! An adventure through Droning Empty Megastructures: some levels are like exploring Draft7.30 spaces.

Is that as darn amazing as it looks ?!

Yes it is! All the great megastructures and umbilical labyrinths are very well crafted (state of art level design) and also presented with great use of some monochromatic lighting that dinamically changes the perception of the areas you are going to explore. One of the best indie game i ever played. Edited by PikkioMania

HYRULE WARRIORS.

i'll be honest, haven't played a dynasty warriors game before. I understand the gameplay of this is more or less no different. however, having the whole game reskinned with Zelda characters and locations and items etc makes the whole game appear a whole lot more >> fun <<.

playing the game 2 player is great fun (1 player on tv, player 2 on gamepad) (resolution framerate drops a bit but its a compromise you can live with). smashing through hordes of enemies while trying to balance ownership of the battlefield and taking over keeps is a lot of fun. it's almost incredibly mind numbing but if you sink into it it makes a lot of sense and has a lot of depth to it (if you think about the game too much the brain hurts a little).

lot of fun. the Japanese metal extreme remixes of Zelda songs are fun too, and the greatest part is the options have volume control, so if you do get sick of the cheese music you can turn it down and blast syro instead :)

recommended, fun game

I had the same experience when they released One Piece: Pirate Warriors, in that I don't feel much interest in historical Chinese generals but have great love for the characters in One Piece. Mostly mindless but very fun, and hectic!

Yes it is! All the great megastructures and umbilical labyrinths are very well crafted (state of art level design) and also presented with great use of some monochromatic lighting that dinamically changes the perception of the areas you are going to explore. One of the best indie game i ever played.

Grabbed it last night as I was so intrigued, so far it reminds me of Kairo (the mysterious isolated universe) with elements of Devils Tuning Fork (the whole reliance of lighting to find the paths), and the UDK engine is real nice looking and pretty darn sympathetic on system resources. Looks like there's some Antichamber non-euclidean elements coming up from that trailer, hope so anyway !

Yo that Silent Hills trailer is tiiiight. Between that & PT I'm really excited for the game now. I hope they keep it in first person because that's a great way to get maximum scary.

Still rocking Borderlands 2. Got the GOTY for $10 on a Steam sale and it might be the best entertainment-to-dollar-value purchase I've made in a long time. Just reached about 80 hours playtime, still on my first playthrough (not new game+) and first character. Haven't even finished half of the DLC. I think I could easily top my Skyrim hours-logged on Steam with this game (currently at 115).

Yo that Silent Hills trailer is tiiiight. Between that & PT I'm really excited for the game now. I hope they keep it in first person because that's a great way to get maximum scary.

Still rocking Borderlands 2. Got the GOTY for $10 on a Steam sale and it might be the best entertainment-to-dollar-value purchase I've made in a long time. Just reached about 80 hours playtime, still on my first playthrough (not new game+) and first character. Haven't even finished half of the DLC. I think I could easily top my Skyrim hours-logged on Steam with this game (currently at 115).

thats pretty crazy man, ive just about finished ultimate vault hunter, done every mission except the raid bosses, level 62, and ive only spent about 60 hours.

great game though. playing as a gunzerker and just running around batshit insane with double shotguns all the time

Guest bitroast

Final Dark Souls II DLC has been delayed until October 1 (was to come out tomorrow).

wow that's a last minute delay.

still haven't touched Dark Souls 2. was originally waiting for next gen but starting to think that might not happen. will wait for a game of the year edition or something that collects everything in one package :)

thats pretty crazy man, ive just about finished ultimate vault hunter, done every mission except the raid bosses, level 62, and ive only spent about 60 hours.

great game though. playing as a gunzerker and just running around batshit insane with double shotguns all the time

Probably 20 of those hours are re-playing content in multiplayer with friends so there's that too. You made it through the campaign 3 times in 60 hours though? That's some power-gaming.

Are you going solo or co-op? While it's very obviously designed & touted as a multiplayer game, I find myself having equally as much fun playing it solo as I do with friends.

The trailer for the new one has me excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpgMBivKR-w

Edited by autopilot

not got any friends that play it but i always leave me game open for people to jump in. i actually just looked at my steam stats and it turns out ive spent 105 hours on it. ive only had it like three weeks aswell, thats pretty brutal.

Will trying to play Silent Hill HD Collection on PS3 make me suicidal? I've never played SH 2 or 3, but I'd like to get into the series. I remember loving the original.

SH2 is heartbreaking. as much as I love it I haven't wanted to go back to it since I first played it a couple of years ago. but play it once, at least. true horror.

Guest bitroast

Will trying to play Silent Hill HD Collection on PS3 make me suicidal? I've never played SH 2 or 3, but I'd like to get into the series. I remember loving the original.

SH2 is heartbreaking. as much as I love it I haven't wanted to go back to it since I first played it a couple of years ago. but play it once, at least. true horror.

can anyone comment on the HD collection?

I remember it coming out and the internet absolutely tearing it apart and showing side by side pics explaining how bad it is.

is it really that bad, or is it fine? is it actually good???