IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Enter a new display name

Will trying to play Silent Hill HD Collection on PS3 make me suicidal? I've never played SH 2 or 3, but I'd like to get into the series. I remember loving the original.

SH2 is heartbreaking. as much as I love it I haven't wanted to go back to it since I first played it a couple of years ago. but play it once, at least. true horror.

can anyone comment on the HD collection?

I remember it coming out and the internet absolutely tearing it apart and showing side by side pics explaining how bad it is.

is it really that bad, or is it fine? is it actually good???

I played the post-patch version of the HD collection and I must say there are still numerous bugs. The port team also made so many changes to SH3 that it's barely the same experience. I would play the original games on PS2 or Xbox if I were you.

SH2 is one of the best video game experiences I have ever had though.

Edited by Enter a new display name

So the code is not on the disc of every copy of the original game out there? I don't know how these things work.

The source code (which is in 'human readable' C++ code) gets 'compiled' which turns it into machine code that the PlayStation (or whatever CPU it was compiled for) understands - the latter is what gets bunged on the discs. What's more I believe PS2 games also get encrypted making decompilation nigh on impossible.

Unofficial, but still... I really want to snuggle up to this in the winter (its tentative release date, ie 'Q4')

No, the release date is "when Nintendo sues the living crap out of them"

Unofficial, but still... I really want to snuggle up to this in the winter (its tentative release date, ie 'Q4')

They've been given permission to make it but have explicitly stated they are not endorsed by nintendo etc.

The creator of the Mother series knows it's coming out and has no intention of suing.

I emailed the makers of Mother 4 a year or so ago and they told me this.

Edited by StephenG

Final Dark Souls II DLC has been delayed until October 1 (was to come out tomorrow).

wow that's a last minute delay.

still haven't touched Dark Souls 2. was originally waiting for next gen but starting to think that might not happen. will wait for a game of the year edition or something that collects everything in one package :)

Oh, you KNOW after Bloodborne comes out, there will be a Dark Souls II Complete Edition for PS4/XBONE that has all the DLC rolled into it (well, technically it's already there - all the Dark Souls II DLC is on-disc, and you pay for unlock codes). Which makes this delay very odd - if it's already on the disc, then they must have found a serious bug they missed when developing the game, and testing. That, or they just want to drag out the time between DLC packs a bit more to see if anyone else will pony up for DLC I & II who haven't already.

They've been given permission to make it.

Yeah, just like Konami gave those fans permission to remake Metal Gear Solid, only to later change their minds... I bet this happens with this as well.

Finally going back to finish Alan Wake, and it's even better after taking a break around halfway through. It's really repetitive, but the combat is consistently fun, and the look and feel of the game is perfect all the way through. They really achieved the campy-yet-genuinely-scary tone they were going for perfectly. The amount of detail put into Night Springs episodes and in-game art and writing is wonderful. I absolutely love this game.

NHL 15 is pretty good so far. It's not amazing, but I'm enjoying my Canadian self. Before the day-one-patch was downloaded I was booted from the application twice. Since the patch was installed it seems to be working ok. Day-one-patches being needed to have a stable game is ridiculous. Can't they make sure the game works before releasing it?

Other than that, I'm still playing WoW.

Guest jasondonervan

you could be right!

I hope he isn't! At least for the 24 hours this goes up for before being pulled...

They should have just called it something like MotherEarth, enough of a nod that series fans know well enough what it refers to, but not so brazen as to suggest an official new entry in the series canon (Mother '4' is a bit rich)

After the torrent of bad reviews, I sadly canceled my Disney Infinity 2.0 preorder. It seems they basically just re-skinned the first game, cut out 2/3 of the content and slapped an IP on it, so a base charge of $75 for maybe 3 hours of gameplay, minimum $150 for all THREE levels whoopee! Still buying a couple of figures, but being burned will not leave my memory quickly. Star Wars 3.0 better be good!

Guest bitroast

Final Dark Souls II DLC has been delayed until October 1 (was to come out tomorrow).

wow that's a last minute delay.

still haven't touched Dark Souls 2. was originally waiting for next gen but starting to think that might not happen. will wait for a game of the year edition or something that collects everything in one package :)

Oh, you KNOW after Bloodborne comes out, there will be a Dark Souls II Complete Edition for PS4/XBONE that has all the DLC rolled into it (well, technically it's already there - all the Dark Souls II DLC is on-disc, and you pay for unlock codes). Which makes this delay very odd - if it's already on the disc, then they must have found a serious bug they missed when developing the game, and testing. That, or they just want to drag out the time between DLC packs a bit more to see if anyone else will pony up for DLC I & II who haven't already.

Oh man. Ive seen nothing but quotes and reports that Dark Souls 2 isnt going to come out on ps4. If they do eventually release it, i sm going to lose my shit at them so hard (and then buy it, without a doilubt!)

If any of you guys with a PS4 and Destiny wanna team up for some of the queen's wrath stuff this week, get at me PSN: RitzBitz428.. I'll be on a bit later tonight

Edited by ghOsty

you could be right!

I hope he isn't! At least for the 24 hours this goes up for before being pulled...

They should have just called it something like MotherEarth, enough of a nod that series fans know well enough what it refers to, but not so brazen as to suggest an official new entry in the series canon (Mother '4' is a bit rich)

slightly related, but there's a jazz band called The Runaway Five, that does jazz covers of videogame music including the Mother series...

I really want to see em'. lol

Edited by StephenG

Guest jasondonervan

you could be right!

slightly related, but there's a jazz band called The Runaway Five, that does jazz covers of videogame music including the Mother series...

I really want to see em'. lol

I'll have to give them a look. I really enjoy the OSTs (MOTHER2/Earthbound the most, for reasons of nostalgia)

iQfxuQvbLwIoU.jpg