IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I just bought a 2DS on the cheep, but don't have any games yet. Have my eye on the Zelda remakes and Smash. But anybody have recommendations other than those?

A flashcart for original DS games is also in the plans..

Guest bitroast

Zelda link between worlds is more than remake of the snes one. It's like a cross between a 3DS remake, a sequel, and a new game all together introducing some pretty kewl gameplay mechanics that change up the zelda formula just enough to make it feel super fresh. big time recommended. majoras mask is good too, streamlining the original gameplay quite a bit which definitely helps with some of the original games cryptic nature. mario 3D land and donkey kong country returns if you're into platformers. shovelknight too.

Guest bitroast

recently picked up PS4 in lil bundle along with bloodborne + MK10 + last of us (also had the order 1886 and drive club which i immediately opted out of to drop the price down). played a bit of MK10 and holy shit it's even better than MK9 it seems? the gameplay is just as refined. the story is just as ridiculous. cutscenes are more cinematic which is good fun. the x-ray moves seem to take less time than in MK9 as well which is nice.

the whole thnig seems like a refinement of MK9 and is very surprising just how good and solid it feels. i felt it would deviate a bit too much maybe with all the little new additions and variations but it's all pretty solid and it pretty much nails it. mk10/10.

haven't started bloodborne. still playing dark souls on my 2nd playthrough. up to the painted world atm. definitely feel like im playing the game alot smarter this time. biggest hold up so far was that bloody corner on anor londo with the archers diggin away at your stamina on that stupid window ledge. ornstein + smough took a few attempts and ate up a bit of humanity but all in all, i'm pretty stoked that anor londo only took a day of playing this time round ^-^!!!

Edited by bitroast

recently picked up PS4 in lil bundle along with bloodborne + MK10 + last of us (also had the order 1886 and drive club which i immediately opted out of to drop the price down). played a bit of MK10 and holy shit it's even better than MK9 it seems? the gameplay is just as refined. the story is just as ridiculous. cutscenes are more cinematic which is good fun. the x-ray moves seem to take less time than in MK9 as well which is nice.

the whole thnig seems like a refinement of MK9 and is very surprising just how good and solid it feels. i felt it would deviate a bit too much maybe with all the little new additions and variations but it's all pretty solid and it pretty much nails it. mk10/10.

haven't started bloodborne. still playing dark souls on my 2nd playthrough. up to the painted world atm. definitely feel like im playing the game alot smarter this time. biggest hold up so far was that bloody corner on anor londo with the archers diggin away at your stamina on that stupid window ledge. ornstein + smough took a few attempts and ate up a bit of humanity but all in all, i'm pretty stoked that anor londo only took a day of playing this time round ^-^!!!

Ah, Anor Londo... This will resonate with you:

went to my bud's house last nite and he picked up mkx before we showed up. game is uber gosu. not something i'd pick up competitively but when the price drops a bit i'll scoop it and run through the single player modes and play casual vs with friends.

we played a good bit of vs mode before jumping into the first 1.5 chapters of the story. happy to say that basically all of the xrays/fatalities i've seen have been way more lol than ick. so over the top

Took a break from getting my ass kicked NG+ in Bloodborne, to pick up Mortal Kombat X, it's pretty good. Couple of the new chars seem legit, and the style variations are interesting.

I just bought a 2DS on the cheep, but don't have any games yet. Have my eye on the Zelda remakes and Smash. But anybody have recommendations other than those?

A flashcart for original DS games is also in the plans..

Mario Kart 7

apparently Pokemon makes you gay. This according to Creflo Dollar. Not familiar? He's the douchebag pastor who says god told him to ask his flock to fund his new $65 million jet plane, bc yeah god seems to be terrible with money.(George Carlin got that right)

http://gamepolitics.com/2015/04/20/pastor-dollar-says-pokémon-makes-you-gay#.VTWPFym9LCR

45CD6598-6DCC-4AC9-B0F3-F1D09E9C80EA_zps

07570D28-0E6B-4A9C-BFF2-B4F286324AE6_zps

C'mon gimme a dollar, it's my damn name!

Yeah I definitely though GTA IV's storyline was better than V, I never really cared throughout the whole thing, and when it got to the end, I just thought to myself "Oh, that's it?". Real shame, GTA Online seems to be where the meat of the game is, the heists pretty much play out just like a story mode but feels much more exciting, money actually feels important in funding the stuff that you want. My only gripe is open world pvp is awful if you're not a high level with huge amounts of funds for your armored cars and beefed up guns (Not to mention some mates to ride shotgun and shoot for you), so I just stick to passive mode most of the time.

Be forewarned: Titan Souls is a very, very short game - around 20 bosses (and that is all it is - a boss rush), but very challenging.

Looking forward to Shovel Knight on PS4 today!

Be forewarned: Titan Souls is a very, very short game - around 20 bosses (and that is all it is - a boss rush), but very challenging.

I love it, but hate it at the same time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My only gripe is open world pvp is awful if you're not a high level with huge amounts of funds for your armored cars and beefed up guns (Not to mention some mates to ride shotgun and shoot for you), so I just stick to passive mode most of the time.

If you roll up to people peacefully enough--or if they're aggressive anyway, let them shoot you dead once and not retaliate--often they'll just jump in your car or let you jump in theirs and you can ride around like that, an impromptu friend to shoot up cops with. I'm sort of surprised how friendly most other GTA players seem to be nowadays: back when it first started, only psychopaths seemed be on, shooting EVERYONE. Now, they're more likely to beep their horn and wait for you to get in.

The other day, a happened upon a bunch of people in fancy cars fucking around by the car mod place. They aimed their guns at me, but after I saluted for a while, making it clear I was but a peaceful felon, they did not shoot and I mucked around with them for a bit, firing flares at innocent people and cops. Then one of the dudes gave me a million bucks! Probably illegal cash, and maybe I'll be penalized for it down the line, but whatevs--free money! Good times :beer:

Edited by Bechuga

Shovel Knight - so good I bought it twice. The 3D version rules. DLC looks sweet.

My only gripe is open world pvp is awful if you're not a high level with huge amounts of funds for your armored cars and beefed up guns (Not to mention some mates to ride shotgun and shoot for you), so I just stick to passive mode most of the time.

If you roll up to people peacefully enough--or if they're aggressive anyway, let them shoot you dead once and not retaliate--often they'll just jump in your car or let you jump in theirs and you can ride around like that, an impromptu friend to shoot up cops with. I'm sort of surprised how friendly most other GTA players seem to be nowadays: back when it first started, only psychopaths seemed be on, shooting EVERYONE. Now, they're more likely to beep their horn and wait for you to get in.

The other day, a happened upon a bunch of people in fancy cars fucking around by the car mod place. They aimed their guns at me, but after I saluted for a while, making it clear I was but a peaceful felon, they did not shoot and I mucked around with them for a bit, firing flares at innocent people and cops. Then one of the dudes gave me a million bucks! Probably illegal cash, and maybe I'll be penalized for it down the line, but whatevs--free money! Good times :beer:

oh yeah, most players are peaceful, but sort of frustrating trying to take on a rampaging player or two with my crappy rifle. I should probably try to interact with folks more in open world at least.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, same here.

On the other hand, Shovel Knight is amazing!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, same here.

On the other hand, Shovel Knight is amazing!

looking forward to shovel knight. will prob purchase tonite after work. still trying to get through the last two pro levels in olliolli2. game gets really fucking hard. 13 reverts in a level long combo then 9 grind switches and 9 reverts in a level long combo. it's the damn reverts into manual that keep throwing me off. can't seem to get it consistently

man i really hope there's like a run/dash upgrade in shovel knight. default horizontal movement is too slow. that's my only complaint so far tho. music in the first plains area was awesome

Finally completed Shovel Knight NG+. That boss rush was murder, yet in the end I somehow managed it with a troupple chalice to spare. Great game. Looking forward to the Plague Knight expansion.

Kratos cheat code exclusive to Sony versions. Here's a shitload of codes for the game:

http://m.uk.ign.com/wikis/shovel-knight/Cheat_Codes

Finally completed Shovel Knight NG+. That boss rush was murder, yet in the end I somehow managed it with a troupple chalice to spare. Great game. Looking forward to the Plague Knight expansion.

Just bought this on PS4 last night, can't wait to dive in.

Also picked up Citizens of Earth and 1001 Spikes.