IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

ME2 pretty much starts everything over anyway so it doesn't matter much. ME1 really picks up at the end but if you dislike the game it's not really worth it. Very slow paced but also a lot more open than the sequels.

But the "open world" isn't interesting. At all. They overpromised and underdelivered. When they presented they game they showed the galaxy map and said, "You can visit all the planets you see here". What they left out of that statement was that 90% of the planets were nothing but a codexes/codices and some of the planets that you COULD visit were wastelands.

New ME players can get a summary of what happened in ME1 in ME2.

At least it was an option, even if driving around in the Mako was pretty pointless. You essentially do the same in ME2 and ME3 but the driving is cut out.

Tried to get into Mass Effect for the third time now. Even bought it for a few quids, what the hell. But I still can't. It just bores the shit out of me a few hours in everytime. I don't even like its lore that much.

Maybe I'll try again in a few months. I don't know why it gets so repulsive for me...

Is it Mass Effect 1?

ME1 is a bit of a mess. A beautiful mess, though. But it's slow as fuck. Read the story on a Wikipedia page and then skip straight to ME2. Now that's a great fucking game.

Yeah a tedious mess. Counting hours when playing a RPG is not a good sign!

I guess I could try going straight to the second one then. Hopefully I'll be okay with the default storyline.

Honestly, when I played it when it originally released, the bugs and odd pacing were forgivable, because it was still a great game. But I went back to it recently after having played 2 and 3, and it was rough. I'd say there's no point spoiling your enthusiasm for the series by slugging through the first game, ME2 and ME3 are better made, although the RPG elements from 1 all but disappear.

Anyway, at the start of 2, you get quizzed on key moments from 1, so it won't make a big difference if you have a save or not, read up on the story of 1, and crack on. Hopefully you'll get into it. :cisfor:

Edited by NorthernFusion

Squee: I meant "open" in relation the different missions having multiple paths and ways to solve various tasks. The uncharted planets are pretty meh if you're not really into skyboxes but the main missions are endlessly more replayable than anything in 2 & 3. Should've made that more clear but I'm on mobile so typing is a nightmare.

Edited by Friendly Foil

Tried to get into Mass Effect for the third time now. Even bought it for a few quids, what the hell. But I still can't. It just bores the shit out of me a few hours in everytime. I don't even like its lore that much.

Maybe I'll try again in a few months. I don't know why it gets so repulsive for me...

Yeah it always felt like a running simulator to me "Jesus I'm still running?"

Killed my enthusiasm real quick

Installed GTA V on PC. With the size of it they should include a hard drive on purchase. I really want to have some fun with the editor, and the first person view is really nice.

Also, MK X Looks great.

Installed GTA V on PC. With the size of it they should include a hard drive on purchase. I really want to have some fun with the editor, and the first person view is really nice.

Also, MK X Looks great.

Did you see they're selling "easy fatalities" as micro transactions? Bullshit.

lol that's the least offensive microtrans to me. pity to those who'd actually pay for it. mk9's fatalities were easier than ever. if you need them to be easier than that... :cerious:

paying for characters is far more shitty. i have a lot of respect for harada (tekken director) who stands by his philosophy that dlc should not include things that affect the gameplay (additional stages/characters) and should be relegated to superfluous and superficial items like tattoos and bikinis. tk has never had paid dlc before because of harada but i'm pretty sure tk7 will just because of pressure from the higher ups. will be interesting to see if he's able to hold the line on that

i'll probably pick mkx up when it hit's the $40 price point which i doubt will take more than a month

it actually looks too violent for my tastes but if it plays well i'm willing to see past that

Mass Effect was one of the few newer RPGs I actually finished! It's not that exciting, lots of running, but I got into the story and setting. The dialogue was well written. Plus I was amused with the cross-eyed, ugly bald character I had made for it.

Amusing anecdote: I released a track on a compilation last year and I got a facebook message from one of the other artists. He said he worked in the gaming industry and he did the sound design for Mass Effect and a bunch of other Bioware games!

He also has some house releases from 15 years ago!

Guest transmisiones ferox

lol wtf, killed the cleric beast and father gascoigne from the first try, pretty good feeling anyway

lol that's the least offensive microtrans to me. pity to those who'd actually pay for it. mk9's fatalities were easier than ever. if you need them to be easier than that... :cerious:

paying for characters is far more shitty. i have a lot of respect for harada (tekken director) who stands by his philosophy that dlc should not include things that affect the gameplay (additional stages/characters) and should be relegated to superfluous and superficial items like tattoos and bikinis. tk has never had paid dlc before because of harada but i'm pretty sure tk7 will just because of pressure from the higher ups. will be interesting to see if he's able to hold the line on that

i'll probably pick mkx up when it hit's the $40 price point which i doubt will take more than a month

it actually looks too violent for my tastes but if it plays well i'm willing to see past that

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/14/mortal-kombat-x-the-comedy-of-violence/

Mortal Kombat is essentially the Goat Simulator of fighting games: it's not fun to play, but it is funny to watch.

Also, I hear it has a really nice menu screen fatality... :emotawesomepm9:

Mortal Kombat is essentially the Goat Simulator of fighting games: it's not fun to play, but it is funny to watch.

Also, I hear it has a really nice menu screen fatality... :emotawesomepm9:

The part I bold-faced reminds me of

[youtubehd]0q5HXcPSChA[/youtubehd]

(y'all are gonna hate me for this)

Edited by ambermonk

ME2 pretty much starts everything over anyway so it doesn't matter much. ME1 really picks up at the end but if you dislike the game it's not really worth it. Very slow paced but also a lot more open than the sequels.

But the "open world" isn't interesting. At all. They overpromised and underdelivered. When they presented they game they showed the galaxy map and said, "You can visit all the planets you see here". What they left out of that statement was that 90% of the planets were nothing but a codexes/codices and some of the planets that you COULD visit were wastelands.

True, but I will say it was really enjoyable seeing elements from ME1 come back in ME3 if you have the save files.

True, but I will say it was really enjoyable seeing elements from ME1 come back in ME3 if you have the save files.

Absolutely!

I'm hoping they'll release a next-gen version of the ME1-3 at one point. All three games for the price of one or something. I would love to play ME1 on the ME2/3 engine.

the hell you say

Yes, I'd love to play a tweaked HD rerelease. The worst thing about 1 for me were those endless elevator rides between areas, I gave up replaying it because of them.

Edited by Gocab

lol wtf, killed the cleric beast and father gascoigne from the first try, pretty good feeling anyway

Cool! I got Cleric Beast on my first try, but Gascoigne took me three. Blood-starved Beast...well, that's a different story. Good luck!

Just came across this on Steam and had to buy it because it looked so badass, and it was only two bucks
[youtubehd]TCJaIGAr5-I[/youtubehd]
Gonna take a few minutes to DL before I can play tho. But still, pretty stoked

EDIT: Forgot to isolate the vid ID, derp

Edited by ambermonk