IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Ohhh I see that makes sense now.

And holy crap I'm 5 minutes into watching a playthrough and it's amazing, graphics are incredible.

Why oh why is this being cancelled? =O

man... watching a playthrough vs playing it doesn't do it justice. i never watched vids of it before playing it through with friends on a nice setup w/the sound cranked. fucking frightening

don't understand watching playthroughs of games but i have another friend who does that with half the games out there instead of buying them. seems especially weird for a free game

I agree, but if the guy has no PS4 what is he to do?

I've got a ps4 but didn't have 1hr or so to decide if it was a game I was going to like lol, actually playing the teaser would take roughly that long no?... having the walkthrough to skim through was much more convenient.

That said, it's the first playthrough I've ever watched at all.

the only possible way you'd be able to finish it in an hour is with a guide. the requirements for beating it are redonk. but as far as playing vs watching. i've never before actually been scared to turn a corner in a video game. seems that kind of anxiety would be lost just watching it

Edited by juiceciuj

Motherfucker. I know I've already ranted about this, but motherfucker.

Do we know exactly why it's been shelved? Is it all down to Kojima leaving Konami?

Most likely - anything attached to Kojima is probably on the chopping block if the relationship he has with Konami turns sour (if not already).

That being said, there's no reason Kojima and Del Toro couldn't do the game themselves under a different name (there really wasn't anything in the PT demo I could see as uniquely "Silent Hill"), depending on how much ownership Konami has over the concept work already done.

in other news. beat shovel knight last nite. fun game but that super slow walk speed kept it from being as good as it could have. is ng+ worth running through?

started playing mk8 with the missus again too. god that game's beautiful

konami official statement to kotaku:

Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic ‘Silent Hills’ project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued.

In terms of Kojima and Del Toro being involved, discussions on future Silent Hill projects are currently underway, and please stay tuned for further announcements.

http://kotaku.com/its-official-silent-hills-is-cancelled-1700379816

Apparently they make way more money on their slot machines and whatnot than with their AAA titles.

Hopefully they don't dissolve that sector and focus on fucking people out of their money skinner box games.

Bloodborne: Micolash, Host of the Nightmare is fucking rage inducing on NG+, I have the strategy down and I can get him SO close, but then I always fuck something up, or something goes wrong and he nails me... Maybe I'm just too tired tonight and not on my A game, I'll try again tomorrow.

Edited by ghOsty

Bloodborne: Micolash, Host of the Nightmare is fucking rage inducing on NG+, I have the strategy down and I can get him SO close, but then I always fuck something up, or something goes wrong and he nails me... Maybe I'm just too tired tonight and not on my A game, I'll try again tomorrow.

Just stay close and jump attack him to stagger, then get a few hits, back off but not too far, rinse and repeat.

Prevent him from using his arcane attack, because that's potentially a one hit kill.

Other than that, kill his ass.

the konami spin is that most of their stock was held in europe and japan and it wasn't worth the millions in fees it cost to be listed in the nyse. don't really care at this point. i'm done with konami after mgs5 and their apparently done with me. not interested in pachinko or candy crush knockoffs

Ohhh I see that makes sense now.

And holy crap I'm 5 minutes into watching a playthrough and it's amazing, graphics are incredible.

Why oh why is this being cancelled? =O

man... watching a playthrough vs playing it doesn't do it justice. i never watched vids of it before playing it through with friends on a nice setup w/the sound cranked. fucking frightening

don't understand watching playthroughs of games but i have another friend who does that with half the games out there instead of buying them. seems especially weird for a free game

I agree, but if the guy has no PS4 what is he to do?

I've got a ps4 but didn't have 1hr or so to decide if it was a game I was going to like lol, actually playing the teaser would take roughly that long no?... having the walkthrough to skim through was much more convenient.

That said, it's the first playthrough I've ever watched at all.

Would have taken you at least 8 hours if you finished at all. Maybe you would get lucky and beat it on the first try, but it's highly doubtful. If you watched the live streams of it when it came out it was insanely hard to finish due to a very cryptic set of requirements to finish. I've watched people play 10's of hours straight and have no idea how to finish it. It's very reminiscent of the Crimson Room series in that way. Silent Hill: The Room also bit this concept slightly.

http://www.momchill.com/crimson_room.swf