IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

also fyi the tomb raider game that's free on psn+ this month is basically like diablo with a tomb raider skin. at least that's my understanding. i haven't played it yet. only free through tonite tho (i think next month's ps+ starts tomorrow)

Can any of you recommend some good cooperative multiplayer games (like, local multiplayer not online) for 3-4 people?

Preferably on Ps3 or Ps4 but I also have a wii.

edit: we played castle crashers a while back and loved it. Something similar would be nice actually.

that mike matei, man. mike and 'my girlfriend'. even the video description "Mike Matei plays a few rounds of TowerFall Ascension with his girlfriend."

yep, motherfucker mike.

Any recommendations for a game a little lighter than Diablo 3? This is just for sporadic "hey a few friends are over" gaming.

I feel diablo 3 would be a bit too deep for our purposes.

We've been playing the newest mortal kombat which is wicked but only 2 people can play at once.

yeah. i mean... i hate to say it again but... rocket league is basically the most fun mp game that's come out this year (or years). games are done in <10 minutes. only thing i don't know for sure is whether or not you can go online w/4 player split screen and be a squad of your 4 players vs 4 online opponents. i know you can with at least two because i play w/my old lady loads (it's basically the only competitive game i can get her to play).

Guest bitroast

oh shit. MGS v is out. better stop checking this thread now cos im not gonna be playing the game for a wee while and i dont want anything spoilered.

hate the 'if you don't want x spoilt than u should've just watched/played it when it came out' philosophy the internet has.

lamest excuse ever.

*posts season 5 game of thrones spoilers on twitter cos everyone who is interested in game of thrones already knows the big surprise endings and there couldn't possibly be anyone out there watching the tv show for the first time*

the internet is so lame sometimes.

last post.

C88288818EAF3F79F7072EB18FA85390C8484F6E

Edited by bitroast

I've spent 3 hours on the first mission, which is supposed to last 30min if you only do primary objectives, trying to complete the secondary ones, which are hidden on the whole map. Completed two, couldn't make it to the third one. Game is pretty hard ! At least if you're trying to get the higher scores (by remaining unseen, not killing anyone, etc). I was afraid it would be too easy when seeing the demo videos with all the buddies you could have with you, but it looks like they're actually gonna come proper handy instead of being god mode devices.

Also bitroast I'm not gonna spoil anything, I promise :catsalute:

Edited by Perezvon

Any recommendations for a game a little lighter than Diablo 3? This is just for sporadic "hey a few friends are over" gaming.

I feel diablo 3 would be a bit too deep for our purposes.

We've been playing the newest mortal kombat which is wicked but only 2 people can play at once.

It can be what you want it to be tbh. It's pretty easy on the eye as far as loot goes 'oh, this sword has two green arrows, must be better than the one I have'. Obviously you need to pay more attention in Hardcore mode (if you die, your character is gone forever), but it's definitely possible to just enjoy Diablo for the core gameplay without being too concerned about your build provided you're on an appropriate difficulty.

Can any of you recommend some good cooperative multiplayer games (like, local multiplayer not online) for 3-4 people?

Preferably on Ps3 or Ps4 but I also have a wii.

edit: we played castle crashers a while back and loved it. Something similar would be nice actually.

Diablo 3 all day long.

been interested in diablo 3 for ps4.

knowing that it's got solid local co-op sweetens the deal. love a good local co-op/multiplayer ^ala stephens post.

haven't played this one but it looks like rockets rockets rockets (or, rockets rockets rockets looks like this) and i've played rockets and it was fun. not played this lol.

You should play with me and my friend if you do make the jump. Hardcode mode is addictive.

Finished the main stages in New Super Mario Bros U and have downloaded Super Mario World in preparation for Mario Maker in a couple of weeks.

Edited by QQQ

playing until dawn, the jock/bimbo cast and dialogue is cliché as fuck ("dude ..ashley ..when are you going to take her to the bone zone?"), it's kinda hilarious. im having fun picking the most douchey / drama-inducing dialogue option in every conversation while waiting for the killer to show up and start murdering everyone.

first couple of hours of mgsv... wow.

dat prologue

soooo is ground zeroes even worth playing or should i just jump into mgs5?

yes it is. phantom pain (including the prologue) takes place after ground zeroes. also, gz is quite good.

lol how you gonna spoil a story that's completely incoherent?

(re: mgs5)

yeah. couldn't explain it if i wanted to.

definitely takes some getting used to. for sure. the radar was necessary in the older games and they've evolved past that (from fixed overhead views to free camera's, useful scope, etc.) no soliton radar in phantom pain either. requires you to play much more thoughtfully. i quickly grew to like it. it's especially hard for me and my no kill tendencies (stuck using the hush puppy for gz and so far in pp and it has a very limited range). if it's plays out like peace walker, you'll eventually be able to develop something similar to soliton radar but probably with limited battery since it really makes the game way easier.

yeah binos is what i meant by useful scope. i was able to get through the first mission in probably about an hr only getting 2/6 objectives and dying a few times. no kills though. think i got b rank?

Yeah you really should use the binoculars instead since they allow you to mark enemies and see them through walls and shit. Radar isn't much needed tbh.

yeah but it added to the suspense and everything....

Picked up MGSV myself (FUCK YOU KONAMI I'M DOING THIS FOR KOJIMA!)... Still on the first mission, trying to go in as blind as possible. That prologue, wtf?!

Little Ginger Psycho Mantis?!

I'm kinda actively avoiding going straight to the objective on the first mission, I've also been tactically slashing a lot of throats, it's been suggested that I might wanna stop doing that though and just knock them out.

Edited by ghOsty