IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

MGS V is nuts and I've only played a few hours. Loving it, real freeform sense of gameplay.

Slight spoiler for those who haven't played the first hour or two, but a great easter egg:

If you do a runing punch with Boss' bionic arm, it makes the "Six Million Dollar Man" sound effect.

Just started MGS V yesterday. 3 hours in and I'm just finished the first main game mission. Bloody brilliant, best game I've played since GTA V.

Was skeptical at first of the PC port but Ground Zeros put my mind at rest. This runs amazing on my PC, i5 2.5GHz and a 970GTX playing at 1440P with frame rate always 40+!

The game play is pretty special and open-ended and the story has been light so far, although I'd say it will get pretty complex and I'll lose track of whose limbs have been been misplaced/grafted onto who, but I've been listening to some podcasts to get me up to speed again with characters etc. Mostly these guys http://caneandrinse.com/ .

They create brilliant shows and deserve any attention they get, very in depth and interesting.

Edited by BentyTwenson

Most of the cutscenes that made this series' stories have pretty much been replaced by the tapes you collect. Kinda sad but I guess it's a logical evolution after all the complaints Kojima got for offering way too many cutscenes and not enough gameplay in MGS 4. MGS V really feels like the anti-MGS 4 actually... Does any of you too feel how weird the ambiance is in this game ? I don't know what it is but something feels very wrong about everything. I know Kojima said this episode was way more obscure than the others but I didn't expect that obscure. I don't know, MGS have always been weird, it's been plain WTF since MGS 2, but this one feels more... uncanny. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that Snake barely talks now.

Also what's the deal with Ocelot, why is he so nice and well-behaved ?

11th mission spoiler, be careful

man that Quiet bossfight was AWESOME. Good MGS 3 vibes.

Pretty mind-blown about how well the game runs too ! 60fps without any issue. I've not even seen a single bug, even a little one, in 18 hours played. Wow.

Snake talking less is definitely something I picked up on quickly, it's very strange. I don't mind the ambiance too much so far though.

As for the tapes, I actually quite like that approach to flesh out the world in videogames. I can focus on playing whilst listening to some interesting tidbit or part of the story or lore. So far, it feels MGS V has gone a bit overboard by putting a lot more of the core story into tapes. This is made needlessly annoying when you get constant radio messages though, especially when just picking up plants or whatever. I'd really like to see either an auto-pause feature of tapes or just an option to turn off the mundane comments about stuff for the base I find, rewinding constantly is really annoying.

holy hell this game is so much fun.i guess i got lucky and found dd at the very first opportunity. tranq that little bugger and sent him packing. at this point i've only done two field missions (plus i guess it counts the mb tutorial as a mission?). going to be out of pocket all weekend at a huge nerd convention. going to be quite peeved is some "gamer" shit spoils something.

11 missions in already... geez. so is it really that lacking in the way of cutscenes? the prologue made it seem like there would be plenty of cutscene time...

finally got some time to play mgs a bit more (probably played like 4+ hrs yesterday). so good...

i have so much extra gmp from not bothering to upgraded lethal weapons. bass expansion is going smoothly. still a complete no kill game. finally nailed somebody with the bionic punch.

i really want to buy mario maker but i'm saving up for a compact camera sooooo

what are you shooting for? i'm looking to pick up a sony rx100 m2 before my honeymoon but trying to hold out a bit more for a good deal...

finally got some time to play mgs a bit more (probably played like 4+ hrs yesterday). so good...

i have so much extra gmp from not bothering to upgraded lethal weapons. bass expansion is going smoothly. still a complete no kill game. finally nailed somebody with the bionic punch.

what are you shooting for? i'm looking to pick up a sony rx100 m2 before my honeymoon but trying to hold out a bit more for a good deal...

Did you hear the sound effect? LOL!

Amazon Prime members can get it for 50 bucks (discount taken at checkout). Dunno if that is available for Canadian purchases, though.

Binding of Issac: Afterbirth out on Steam October 30th for 9.99 USD - PS4 and other platforms to follow "not long after"

Guest Enter a new display name

I generally don't like open world games for their repetitiveness but MGSV remains great even after 25+ hours of gameplay. There is an actual satisfaction in completing side missions, recruiting new soldiers and developing new tools.

The story so far has been weirdly implemented, probably because it's a mission based game. Not much has happened so far and I really don't know where it's heading.

yeah so i'm still only 6 story missions in and a handful of side ops. has anyone tried the target shooting on the r&d platform? i only gave it like 3 attempts but holy shit they didn't make that easy. may leave it until after i've beaten the story 'cause i won't touch a guide until then.

i've gotten held up for absurdly long periods of time on two missions now just because i'll like miss a single line of dialogue that points me in the right direction but that usually just means i end up fultoning a ton of goons. game is so fucking rad...

yeah so i'm still only 6 story missions in and a handful of side ops. has anyone tried the target shooting on the r&d platform? i only gave it like 3 attempts but holy shit they didn't make that easy. may leave it until after i've beaten the story 'cause i won't touch a guide until then.

i've gotten held up for absurdly long periods of time on two missions now just because i'll like miss a single line of dialogue that points me in the right direction but that usually just means i end up fultoning a ton of goons. game is so fucking rad...

Yeah I gave up on the target practice side ops. This is ridiculous and probably not worth it. I have completed pretty much all the other side ops available so far. I also take a lot of time between each main mission because of all the stuff I can do.

I am now addicted at fultoning soldiers as well. Thank god the upgraded binoculars show the soldiers' stats.

Considering I am at mission 12 within 25 hours of gameplay, this bug might get fixed before I even get there. I can't even play with Quiet yet.