IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

finally got some time to play mgs a bit more (probably played like 4+ hrs yesterday). so good...

i have so much extra gmp from not bothering to upgraded lethal weapons. bass expansion is going smoothly. still a complete no kill game. finally nailed somebody with the bionic punch.

i really want to buy mario maker but i'm saving up for a compact camera sooooo

what are you shooting for? i'm looking to pick up a sony rx100 m2 before my honeymoon but trying to hold out a bit more for a good deal...

one of these http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/880960-REG/Panasonic_dmc_lx7k_Lumix_LX7_Digital_Camera.html

Had more time to play MGS tonight as well, fuck this game is great. I'm playing pretty sloppy on my first run through, I'm not going for no kills or perfect stealth, I've been cutting throats of the useless guys. I figure if Big Boss eventually goes evil in MGS2 he'd probably be willing to slit some throats.

is there like a stat screen somewhere where you can see your playtime and other stuff like kills, tactical kos, tranqs, stuff like that? i was looking around last nite and couldn't find anything. i'm finally getting into the somewhat harder missions involving armored vehicles that is throwing a huge wrench into my tranq dart/chokehold routine. i think i may have accidentally killed a guy who was driving the truck i was riding in the back of when i accidentally hit it with a grenade launcher that was supposed to be aimed at a tank.

Just finished the game, with the "real ending", and... oh my god, Kojima :cat:

how many hrs to get you there?

75 hours ! Really took my time though, restarting missions when detected for example, though I less and less did that by the end of the game and went more berserk. What a long game ! It still tells me I have completed 58% of it...

How have you played 75 hours on a game that was released 8/9 days ago? Thats over 8 hours of solid gaming every day. O_o

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or shocked.

Stupid 17gb Destiny update last night didn't download/install automatically during the day even though I had the settings setup proper to do so.

Was even off work 2hrs early last night, thought I'd play some games. F'ed up my night it did.

I said fuck it, popped a sleeping pill and went to bed. Depressing. Now I'm up early-like and have to be all productive etc.

its a hard knock life

edit: belongs more in the fwp thread I guess lol.

Edited by StephenG

new Apple TV just announced with a new remote (possibly motion controlled) and two home console games: Crossy Road-Co-op, and "Beats Sports". Cue a smiling Reznor and Dre playing tennis.

F7476B1F-EB44-4CC7-A975-810AD5AB71B2_zps

The Touch pad on the new remote includes gestures like a quick swipe that allows a user to quickly get to the end of a column or row. Users can also circle their thumb on the pad to make icons and posters "dance." Touch can also be used to easily scrub through a TV show or movie. If a user doesn't want to use the Touch pad to scrub through, they can ask Siri "skip ahead 7 minutes." Siri can also be asked "what did she say?", which causes her to rewind 15 seconds.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/09/apple-announces-fourth-gen-apple-tv/

I'm afraid to read much of this thread bc of spoilers but I just wanted to add to the MGSV love. Fucking brilliant game .

no spoilers really. everyone's playing nice. i still haven't gotten much to happen in the way of the story tho

but yeah, this game does it for me.

How have you played 75 hours on a game that was released 8/9 days ago? Thats over 8 hours of solid gaming every day. O_o

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or shocked.

I know right, It consumed my life for a week basically. I honestly uninstalled it an hour after finishing it. Too dangerous for me.

Horrific read on how Bungie turned their backs, collectively and personally, on Marty O'Donnell, one of their oldest employees, and composer of Destiny, when legal snafus surfaced. I say fuck that game now, like I was gonna buy it before...

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/bungie-betrayed-destiny-halo-composer-172647514.html

then there's his attorney's blog

http://gameattorney.com/blog/?p=100

Horrific read on how Bungie turned their backs, collectively and personally, on Marty O'Donnell, one of their oldest employees, and composer of Destiny, when legal snafus surfaced. I say fuck that game now, like I was gonna buy it before...

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/bungie-betrayed-destiny-halo-composer-172647514.html

then there's his attorney's blog

http://gameattorney.com/blog/?p=100

Who is bungie again? Who is this bungie man/woman you're speaking of?

Clearly some PERSON (or a few people, probably upper upper management) at the company is fucking him over, not "Bungie" the corporation.

Bungie has approximately 500 employees. Boycotting their games because one or a few people at the company are being shitheads doesn't make sense. I can't imagine all 500 of these people turned their back on him lol.

Edit: lol did you read the whole article? Looks like some of Bungie had his back for sure.

"Earlier this summer, O'Donnell founded a new video game studio, Highwire Games, with a team of former Bungie developers."

Edited by StephenG

I went ahead and bought GTA V a few days ago, but only halfway thru the Steam download because my internet is slow as balls.

As excited as I am for some of the games showcased @ this year's E3, I wonder if I will finally outgrow games altogether in the next few years. Sometimes I wonder if they've fucked up my brain long-term, because the goal for most of them is to basically run around and kill shit. But at least I'm not alone.

The thought of my having been on a major slouch in music production the last two years is somewhat disheartening. But I haven't given up all hope either.

Guest Enter a new display name

I can't even play with Quiet yet.

Quiet is a great buddy, almost a little too great. My only complaint is her constant humming when she has a target. Wish I could switch it off.

I just unlocked her. So she can basically scout outposts and spot all the enemies before you get there and shoot enemies when you order her to?

I also noticed an unlockable silver/gold costume that can get the enemies' attention. I bet her body shines or something and leaves the soldiers in awe.