IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Enter a new display name

Now playing Shadow of Mordor on PS4. This is quite entertaining and addictive so far. I hope this game does not get very repetitive. I must have spent 3-4 hours on sidequests before starting the first main mission. There is too much content!

The combat system is way too similar to the Arkham series, which is not a bad thing though.

I have spent around 8 hours on this game and I can't take it anymore. It's so generic and repetitive. How could it win several GOTY awards?

Guest bitroast

still plowing through Dark Souls II.

did something stupid and started Dragon Quest 8 on ps2. 2 timesink heavy games at same time might be a bad idea, or perhaps they'll compliment each other nice. either way, i am getting the feeling i won't be playing MGS V at launch :>

Using the tranq. gun with the emotional bullets made MGS 4 a very fun game imo. My lord, I spent hours just shooting soldiers with the anger bullets and watching them riot...

Edited by Bechuga

Using the tranq. gun with the emotional bullets made MGS 4 a very fun game imo. My lord, I spent hours just shooting soldiers with the anger bullets and watching them riot...

never tried the special tranq bullets but ever since mgs2 i almost always use the tranq gun and go for no kill games (usually botch it and kill like 2 people but i'm too lazy to reload)

Edited by juiceciuj

i am starting to get seriously excited about aftebirth reading about this entire new game mode

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/127517383219/lets-get-greedy

ive just finished my second RPG file and i think im gonna put it down till afterbirth comes out if i can. im on 1100 hours now (according to steam but i often leave the game running without playing it). thats more than i played counterstrike i think.

Guest bitroast

still plowing through Dark Souls II.

did you beat the Smelter Demon yet?

nope!!

had a quick google. that's pretty much just about where i'm up to i think.

up to iron keep/belfry sol. just exploring the two areas and getting a feel for the place / no boss fights yet.

stumbled into iron keep weird area accessible by roof girders and tony hawk 3 style smelting pots, and it was this dark black kind of caged room with fire shooting everywhere, so i tried to time it right and ended up just running into wall of spikes.

and then i tried to go back and get my souls and i ran in, got my souls and ran into the wall of spikes again. lol.

and since then i've just been running around same area, dying repeatedly and making zero progress.

and it was around here that i sort of just started playing dragon quest 8. seemed good time to break it up a bit. : >

dragon quest is so nice btw holy shit. it feels like playing a really nicely crafted board game with big chunky wooden pieces and attention to detail.

Been playing F:NV again for probably the twelfth time now, but I'm starting to think new AFX official burnout is imminent. Seems like I spend more time scrounging for loot than I do shooting bad guys. Already know the maps, quests, etc like the back of my hand. Maybe it's time to drop it and move on to something else.

XCOM: Enemy Within on Long War maybe. Haven't tried it on that mode yet. Besides, shooters are all I've been playing for the past nine months straight.

Kinda wanna buy GTA V, but still trying to save up for when I fly south for AeNA in a month.

and it was around here that i sort of just started playing dragon quest 8. seemed good time to break it up a bit. : >

dragon quest is so nice btw holy shit. it feels like playing a really nicely crafted board game with big chunky wooden pieces and attention to detail.

wish they'd rerelease on a sony console. never finished it ;\

Guest bitroast

yeah. i've always had a fetish fantasy of companies getting the original systems, into a studio, and recording the tunes properly, mastering and cranking them up nice and proper and pressing that shit on vinyl. stuff like megaman and oldschool nes stuff could sound so good and immensely better than the emulation sourced files that flog youtube in 480p, etc.

but, of course. in doing so it instantly owes it self to the lame collector market and is being charged more than its worth.

you can almost guarantee that 70% of the people who buy this will just put it up on display, with the remaining 30% just hanging onto it to sell it maybe a year or so later at inflated prices.

there's an immensely good chance i won't buy mother 2 soundtrack simply cos it just costs too much for what its worth, but tbh i'm happy it exists in a dumb kind of way.

sf5 beta is pretty fun. wish they'd add more characters to the beta build though (currently only 6)

also my bootleg ps4 stick is a pain. have to manually reboot the pcb every 8 minutes which basically means if i forget to reset it between rounds there's a chance it'll just desync and my character will be stuck in the last motion i input. terrible way to lose a round ;\

not sure i can make myself wait to pick up mgs5 on the cheap -_-

Guest Enter a new display name

Awesome. The Earthbound soundtrack is amazing. Early pre-order though - shipping 2016? o_O

Have you heard of the very high demand with pressing plants? Releasing vinyls is not as easy as it used to be.

And pressing video game soundtracks to vinyl has become the new trend: Minecraft, Battletoads, Mother, Shenmue, etc. You name it!

Edited by Enter a new display name

Playin XCOM: Enemy Within thru the Long War mod. The gameplay so far feels more like that of the original MicroProse game, with larger squads and different Interceptor tactics available. But there's also more gear, soldier and MEC classes, weapons, missions, etc.

Dr. Vahlen is being annoying though. On top of her infamous complaints about the use of explosives compromising Alien artifacts, she won't stop bitching about not having enough scientists to help her with research. Just cool your jets, frau. Jeez.

Bought Dishonoured Definitive Edition two days ago and got to play it for a couple of hours yesterday. It feels like the game hasn't quite opened up yet, but I'm liking it so far. It took me some time to get used to the graphics. Not the style, but the Telltale-like textures. And now I love the look of it and the design. Viktor Antonov makes some awesome designs!

@squee - It's got a weird style with the watercolor textures and the strangely out of proportion bodies. The male character models' hands are bigger than their heads. Once you get immersed in it though, it's a really cool experience.

Edited by autopilot

Finished Last of Us. Bit of a slow start and the rhythm of the game got a tad repetitive, but overall very good. I hear Survival difficulty is worth a replay as well.

Is Joel a sociopath?

@squee - It's got a weird style with the watercolor textures and the strangely out of proportion bodies. The male character models' hands are bigger than their heads. Once you get immersed in it though, it's a really cool experience.

It's weird at first but I really like it.

I really like it when games take a more stylish and artistic approach instead of always trying to go for that realistic look.