IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

hitman absolution

i,m really enjoying this,people have complained of it being linear and dumbed down but you don,t have to use the new powers presented to you and it feels pretty old school hitman then,at times it is hilarious as well!

Apparently, a couple of levels in is where it goes completely off the road.

I've heard that the checkpoint system is really fucked. If you load a checkpoint every single enemy you've knocked out, shot, hidden away etc. respawn once you reload a checkpoint, which means you can actually lock yourself in a room because you're surrounded by enemies that shouldn't be there.

Started to play Silent Hill Homecoming on the PC (It's in the Steam sale and I had my previous PS3 copy nicked by a mental) to test my theory of the Dark Souls game mechanic. Erm, the controls are completely broken - even reconfiguring everything so it's mapped like the PS3 version on my controller I can't properly target anyone ...

hitman absolution

i,m really enjoying this,people have complained of it being linear and dumbed down but you don,t have to use the new powers presented to you and it feels pretty old school hitman then,at times it is hilarious as well!

Apparently, a couple of levels in is where it goes completely off the road.

I've heard that the checkpoint system is really fucked. If you load a checkpoint every single enemy you've knocked out, shot, hidden away etc. respawn once you reload a checkpoint, which means you can actually lock yourself in a room because you're surrounded by enemies that shouldn't be there.

to be honest,i haven,t even used the checkpoint system,if i mess up,i restart the level,doesn,t bother me at all,i,m currently on the level in the cannabis den trying to get the lift out of the building

just bought myself arma 2 in the steam sale for christmas,gonna finally give DAYZ a go over the holidays,go easy on me whoever i may come across out there!

Started to play Silent Hill Homecoming on the PC (It's in the Steam sale and I had my previous PS3 copy nicked by a mental) to test my theory of the Dark Souls game mechanic. Erm, the controls are completely broken - even reconfiguring everything so it's mapped like the PS3 version on my controller I can't properly target anyone ...

that's part of the reason i gave up on it.

blocky awkward controls that forced you to shoot or run in terror made that franchise....now they want us to actively confront everything with the same control scheme?

Guest Mirezzi

Thanks for the warnings re: Bioshock 2.

I'd like to play through it because I genuinely like the story in Bioshock. It's not anything groundbreaking, but it's still very unique in a genre/industry chock full of dull.

I'll be chomping for Infinite.

Maybe I was a bit hard on it. And you can probably buy it really cheap.

I think I bought it for like 8 punds in some store. It's definitely worth a playthrough for that kind of money.

Edited by Npoess

Thanks for the warnings re: Bioshock 2.

I'd like to play through it because I genuinely like the story in Bioshock. It's not anything groundbreaking, but it's still very unique in a genre/industry chock full of dull.

I'll be chomping for Infinite.

IMHO its superior to Bioshock in every way except for the main storyline narrative...and even then its not all that bad...just pales in comparison to the original story. Gunplay/plasmid alternating was GREATLY improved in the second.....and the minor storyline with Grace Holloway was one of the best parts of any game Ive ever played, ever.

Want to buy me some games on iPhone for christmas but don't know what to choose between Another World HD (already emulated it but never finished it) or Mega Man X...Any advices ? (if you have other games you would like to recommend go on !)

Guest viscosity

played through Primordia a couple weeks back. the game was written by a layer apparently.. aside from some really boring legalese talk, the game was pretty enjoyable. background art was a definite highlight, really well done and a throwback for anyone who's played some of the classic Lucasarts games. The game especially resonated my nostalgia for LOOM...wish some developer like Telltale would pickup on that one, they seem perfect for its more serious subjectmatter.

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, I found it on iTunes, but I'm not sure whether to trust its reception just yet. A lot of mixed reviews, with reports of bugs, etc.

I decided to treat myself to some 90s GOG PC games on christmas because I had a few extra dollars after all my shopping. The game I'm playing now is Lords of Magic, which is this unconventional turn based strategy game, kind of similar to Disciples or Heroes of Might and Magic. I used to have another game (probably Lords of the Realm II) that had a demo for this, and I used to be fascinated with the demo when I was about 12 or 13, and would always play as the "Earth" race just so I could listen to the background music that went along with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu7ubxpEKvQ

the first minute and a half or so is pretty damn great actually. totally reminds me of mid 90s afx

Edited by ganus

I decided to treat myself to some 90s GOG PC games on christmas because I had a few extra dollars after all my shopping. The game I'm playing now is Lords of Magic, which is this unconventional turn based strategy game, kind of similar to Disciples or Heroes of Might and Magic. I used to have another game (probably Lords of the Realm II) that had a demo for this, and I used to be fascinated with the demo when I was about 12 or 13, and would always play as the "Earth" race just so I could listen to the background music that went along with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu7ubxpEKvQ

the first minute and a half or so is pretty damn great actually. totally reminds me of mid 90s afx

holy shit man,....i played that all the time when i was younger...first game I bought off GoG when I signed up.

I always played Life or Fire....then went Death after beating that pansy ass bastard Balkoth.