IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Just gift myself the Metroid Prime trilogy thanks to the nintendo eshop (did not buy this edition when it came out and never managed to grab one ever since...)

Never played any of the Prime games and I already know I'm in for a treat :D !

Just gift myself the Metroid Prime trilogy thanks to the nintendo eshop (did not buy this edition when it came out and never managed to grab one ever since...)

Never played any of the Prime games and I already know I'm in for a treat :D !

if only you could play with a real controller instead of the fuckin' wiimote

rebeat ffx yesterday. good game for playing on father's day.

all of that "i hate you dad" and having to kill your father to bring peace to the planet hit a little too close to home

i hope someone can halp,

i just installed quake 2 again for nostalgic purposes and the "ultimate quake 2 patch" which makes it run better on windows 7 and improves graphics, a bit

i read that bots are included with the patch but i don't know hot to add bots.. i used to use a program called hot launch but i can't find it ANYwhere. maybe there's a new program that will work for me like hot launch?

Perhaps not surprisingly, Mega Man successor (not) Mighty No. 9 is having launch issues...

Love the names the press is giving it:

Shitey No. 9

Mighty No. 2

XBONE version delayed at the last minute, Linux/Mac/Steam versions still pending final certification, Kickstarter backers not getting their DL codes, or getting the DLC codes instead, getting the wrong code, etc.

Worse even still is the "concept" gameplay video made in supposedly 9 days looks better than the final version.

looks like they spent all the fucking budget just to make it run and have online capabilities across every conceivable platform (horrible idea for a small studio)

will totally play it when the price plummets because even though i'm not a fan of the design it looks like a capable megaman followup

Perhaps not surprisingly, Mega Man successor (not) Mighty No. 9 is having launch issues...

Love the names the press is giving it:

Shitey No. 9

Mighty No. 2

XBONE version delayed at the last minute, Linux/Mac/Steam versions still pending final certification, Kickstarter backers not getting their DL codes, or getting the DLC codes instead, getting the wrong code, etc.

Worse even still is the "concept" gameplay video made in supposedly 9 days looks better than the final version.

Don't forget...

NMS was supposed to be out today but have to wait til Aug 9th.

Haven't really seen anything from this year's E3 so far that's grabbed my attention. Oh well. There's always Classic Doom mods for GZDoom to fall back on.

i read that bots are included with the patch but i don't know hot to add bots.. i used to use a program called hot launch but i can't find it ANYwhere. maybe there's a new program that will work for me like hot launch?

woah hotlaunch is a blast from the past, I'd completely forgotten about that!

woah hotlaunch is a blast from the past, I'd completely forgotten about that!

! the good old days, mang.

wow. i didn't follow shovel knight kickstarter at all but it's one of my fave games in the last couple of years. apparently they're still working on two campaigns (spectre knight and king knight) and a "body swap" mode (gender swap?). spectre knight campaign is coming first and they just released some new info: http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/06/the-return-of-specter-knight-and-a-revitalizing-announcement/

runLoop.gif

and all these updates are free because they were kickstarter stretch goals. pretty refreshing in the current state of pay for every bit of content dlc we're living in. the plague knight campaign was just as fleshed out as shovel knight's (and was significantly harder imo). definitely looking forward to this new stuff

wow. i didn't follow shovel knight kickstarter at all but it's one of my fave games in the last couple of years. apparently they're still working on two campaigns (spectre knight and king knight) and a "body swap" mode (gender swap?). spectre knight campaign is coming first and they just released some new info: http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/06/the-return-of-specter-knight-and-a-revitalizing-announcement/

runLoop.gif

and all these updates are free because they were kickstarter stretch goals. pretty refreshing in the current state of pay for every bit of content dlc we're living in. the plague knight campaign was just as fleshed out as shovel knight's (and was significantly harder imo). definitely looking forward to this new stuff

I think Shovel Knight is a textbook example of how to do a video game Kickstarter the right way, and Mighty No. 9 will stand as a testament of what not to do. Shame, really because regardless of how good the game is (or not), it's legacy is tainted by the Kickstarter.

Guest bitroast

heres a short doco on them making mighty no 9.

the forced smiles are pretty transparent. there seems to be a real tension when Keiji Inafune is walking around chatting with the staff members (??). one particular bit that stood out was inafune interview with camera saying he will set his exceptions with the staff, and if they meet the expectations, he'll scold them (legit, scold was the word used ... in the subtitle translation ) because really he wants everyone to surpass his expectations ??? weird ).

anyhow. 3 million seems like a lot of money in the indie game scene, but when you're dealing with a functioning company that has staff to pay and stakeholders to deal with, it doesn't really seem like that much money ??

+ they had to get the game working for release across 10 platforms?? mac + pc + ps3 + 360 + xbone + vita + 3ds + wii u + shield something or other + linux.

i dunno. the whole thing is a mess and its a shame such a mediocre game came out of the whole thing : S

Guest bitroast

here's the 1 week in development engine demo ...

the kickstarter update even has the text at the bottom
"Whattaya think? Someday we will look back on this and laugh at how primitive it looks, but for now, for only one week of test work, it's pretty daarn cool, don't ya think? :D"

:facepalm:

as a hardened lifelong megaman fan, this really stings.

looks like they dumbed it down to develop for the lowest common denominator (3ds) and then had to make all the ports work and add the stupid network features that no one cares about

looks like they dumbed it down to develop for the lowest common denominator (3ds) and then had to make all the ports work and add the stupid network features that no one cares about

Yeah, that seems likely. I guess they didn't have the time to develop the game from the ground up for each platform.

If anything, I think promising it for all those platforms is what killed it - should have just stuck to PS4/XBONE/PC/Wii U

no doubt. seems ridiculous people acting like they stole the money. just looks like they waaaay over promised and had to spend 99% of the budget debugging and porting. but even with the shit graphics it looks like a game i could tolerate and even enjoy on vita. plus it's 3 way crossbuy (ps3/ps4/psv) so i might pick it up to have something to play on vacation next weekend.

Guest bitroast

yeah i played a wee bit of it .. not an awful lot. it felt largely like megaman x but with really frustrating enemy placement/surprise 1hit kills/vague leaps of faith... it plays kind of fine but has this overwhelming lack of polish over everything :|