IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Two games I've been waiting to be made have been released: VA-11 Hall-A and Mighty No. 9.

One of these games I've been looking forward to more than the other.

Mighty No. 9: not as horrendously awful as some would lead you to believe, but it's a shame about no more dark aesthetic from the early days. The dash feature makes it a really fast game, easy to complete a level should you die on bosses (like I have...too many times...) Could definitely see myself finishing it. Shame about ultra generic designs on the humans and bland voice acting that you can't skip.

Verdict: buy on sale, which it will be...very often...

VA-11 Hall-A: a visual novel about serving drinks to robots, sex androids and other weirdoes in a cyberpunk setting. Well worth the year wait: lush music, relaxing atmosphere and slow paced engaging story. Good stuff, worth the wait!

Also, you serve corgis alcohol.

Verdict: 10 corgis out of 10

I very much wanted to pick up Mighty No. 9, despite the wack reviews... But the funds weren't there after I bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

13531989_613197422181548_1121030844_n.jp

About to try it out right now. After tonight, I won't be able to play it at all until September when I'm finally done with my Master's degree.

VICE is doing a documentary series on game development, with the first episode being about Alex Preston, and the challenges he faced making Hyper Light Drifter:

https://www.vice.com/video/pixel-by-pixel-alx-preston-hyper-light-drifter

I do believe I'll watch this considering I'm currently making a game using GameMaker studio, the app that HLD was made in.

VICE is doing a documentary series on game development, with the first episode being about Alex Preston, and the challenges he faced making Hyper Light Drifter:

I do believe I'll watch this considering I'm currently making a game using GameMaker studio, the app that HLD was made in.

I'm curious to see what kind of game you come up with Flim. It's a prospect I've considered for a while myself.

I'm about ready to shelf Fallout 4. Still haven't finished Far Harbor, but with the stupid-ass settlements constantly getting attacked and demanding my help I'm not sure it's worth it. Fuck those stupid settlements. All I wanna do is explore random locale, grab loot, and kill zombies n' shit.

I'm curious to see what kind of game you come up with Flim. It's a prospect I've considered for a while myself.

I'm about ready to shelf Fallout 4. Still haven't finished Far Harbor, but with the stupid-ass settlements constantly getting attacked and demanding my help I'm not sure it's worth it. Fuck those stupid settlements. All I wanna do is explore random locale, grab loot, and kill zombies n' shit.

Well, it's a 2D sidescroller. Nothing to speak about right now. I just started on it this past Sunday. It's my final project for my Master's. If it doesn't turn out to be total crap, I'll show you what becomes of it.

I've jumped back to The Witcher 3 lately, downloaded the first DLC Expansion, but have yet to play those missions... I'll look into the 2nd when I get to level 30 at least.

also been playing Overwatch with a few people on my team. Good times, (fuck McCree!)

Edited by ghOsty

sfv june update drops friday (july 1 lol). as scheduled includes ibuki, the cinematic story mode, and the real money store (which means you no longer get those free trials of the dlc characters. gotta buy'em with either fight money or real money). but at the end of tonite's ceo grand finals, which were sick btw, they announced that balrog is gonna drop friday as well:

Edited by juiceciuj

Are they available in the test realm? I haven't bothered hopping on yet, I'd be surprised if people have gotten the requirements for them already. I think they look pretty gaudy, but whatevs. I'm more concerned about how competitive mode is set up currently, it sounds pretty horrible. No stopwatch and sudden death on intrinsically unbalanced maps for draws... yuck.

Been getting back into Destiny after the expansion announcement. I know it's still not the huge MMO vision Bungie initially had but I still love getting sucked into it.

I don't really play games much anymore as they are kinda boring nowadays, but within the past week I've started playing Undertale and Baldur's gate 2, which I recommend highly. Especially Baldur's gate. I haven't played an RPG lately that didn't bore me after a few hours.

yeah those finals were amazing. tokido did work

that flash kick parry... *swoons*

oh man they got these up fast

Those Ryu skillz are on point!

been playing a lot of subnautica lately(without console commands/cheating) its a lot more stable now,really enjoyable,and at times scary underwater alien planet survival,also,just pre-ordered INSIDE from the guys who made LIMBO,looks lush,out next week on steam

Edited by sunshine recorder

Parkitect is like an updated Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. the art style isn't as charming and it isn't as detailed yet but its fun. not as difficult as RCT2 but it fills the void.

A bit late to the party. But playing the hell (no pun intended) out of Doom. What a fantastic game. Nearly blissful. Vids online did it NO justice. Looks phenomenal, plays like a dream, great sound design, AND soundtrack. Haven't been this happy with an FPS in... wow.. like 12 years.

Yeah I still think the new Doom is legit. Definitely better than I expected.

I'm actually playing Classic Doom thru GZDoom, but with the Project Brutality mod and Hell On Earth Starter Pack map pack. Project Brutality is like Brutal Doom on steroids, and the HOE map design is phenomenal, especially the L.A. missions.

There's zero doubt that the dev team for the latest Doom got much of their inspiration from mods such as these.

Yeah I still think the new Doom is legit. Definitely better than I expected.

I'm actually playing Classic Doom thru GZDoom, but with the Project Brutality mod and Hell On Earth Starter Pack map pack. Project Brutality is like Brutal Doom on steroids, and the HOE map design is phenomenal, especially the L.A. missions.

There's zero doubt that the dev team for the latest Doom got much of their inspiration from mods such as these.

For sure. I want to check those out now. Super curious what the hell they were developing before they scrapped it and went in this direction. I heard it was CODish, with lots of story, set pieces. (sooooo thankful they didn't go in that direction but wanna see Doom's alternate reality.)

Finally beat Witcher 3, and now that I'm done with the story I'm playing it even more, running around doing all the stuff I left behind before. Goddamn huge game! I'm obsessed with the alternate Yrden sign, letting it zap everything to death while I stand back and dodge occasionally. The DLC looks great but I'm waiting for the prices to drop.

Lego Force Awakens is actually pretty good, and I never buy those Lego games. Flying levels here are surprisingly entertaining, and some 8 bit mini games thrown in.

You can play as JJ Abrams lol.