IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I need to vent about an uprising cheap looking and corny trend I'm noticing:

Whats with live footage and video games these days? With actors and shit.

I noticed Fallout 4 used live footage in the intros and endings. I don't know if any other games started doing it, nothing comes to mind atm.

Whats up with that? Is it cheaper? Or is it more expensive and they just do it becuase they can? It certainly looks cheap...

I hope no footage of that trailer makes it into the game, like the intro or something. Would fucking hate that. It just doesn't fit, knocks me right out of a game.

Just keep everything consistently 3D, why is that so hard :catnope:

flol that blood effect at 0:45

Edited by Perezvon

in other megaman news y'all see this ?

Keiji Inafune's MIGHTY NO 9 got a new trailer ...

mighty no 9 is being developed by comcept and inti creates

publishing and promotion for the game being handled by Deep Silver.

inti creates CEO on twitter had this reaction ...

sonic the hedgehog twitter account had this reaction ....

"UNFORGIVABLE"

I actually don't doubt this game will be fun. I'm sure I'll love it. It looks like a MM/MMX hybrid and has some cool character designs. I don't like the fact that they went with that bland art style (It would have been much better if they at least cel-shaded it), but to me, it looks like it has all the makings of a wonderful game. They're just fucking up with all the bad press and advertising. This trailer didn't help at all.

"YOU GOTTA PLAY THIS GAME, DUDE!"

My daughter went on an 18 kill streak rampage with D.VA in Overwatch. She's played the game like 10 times total between the beta and since release.

Dat's mah gurl! :dadjoke:

i cant process this

Opinions on the full version of Overwatch? 12 maps and 3 modes is a little sparse at launch, but Blizzard is hopefully taking their time to study the metrics of online gameplay to see what works, what's popular, and how to nerf anything too overpowered. The art direction is really growing on me, love the British voice cast, the bright colors, and all the FPS influences it shows.

in other megaman news y'all see this ?

Keiji Inafune's MIGHTY NO 9 got a new trailer ...

mighty no 9 is being developed by comcept and inti creates

publishing and promotion for the game being handled by Deep Silver.

inti creates CEO on twitter had this reaction ...

sonic the hedgehog twitter account had this reaction ....

"UNFORGIVABLE"

Hahaha! I love how the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account is all over the place and takes a jab at anything that moves.

qCOrdoE.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016_05_30_at_13_45_32.png

Screen_Shot_2016_05_30_at_13_46_17.png

Screen_Shot_2016_05_30_at_13_46_44.png

CLNhfLEUYAAE5C3.png

you know what new doom is fun and they put a lot of work in it yo guys were right, it's great

started playing it on ultra violence and got sucked into it, made it to hell now and i'm actually relieved

i don't think i'v ever shit my pants so hard in a game like climbing that tower, this just triggered all my worst fears of heights, i'm climbing my worst nightmare and i'm stoned, felt good when i made it, my wife said i looked like a complete retard for an hour

those secret classic doom levels are complete shit tough what in the hellfuck are they doing, just give us the classic doom games ffs

yeah some of the cliffs and heights in doom are fkn ridiculous, it's the only game I've played where I've actually got vertigo from looking over the edge of a cliff. That said, it's also the first game I've played about 30cm away from a 27" monitor..

I bought the latest metal gear solid game lastnight, after watching the trailer and some reviews.. I haven't played the others beyond watching my brother play the first one many years ago on playstation. I hope it's good!

The last game that got me really antsy with heights was this bit of Dark Souls

5ecaeee88ce2a23372f09298971289d9-650-80.

I almost gave up at that stage as it was throwing me so off edge I thought I was gonna puke from nervous exhaustion.

probably the only person here still playing but i'll finally have a second character beyond mika:

Fucking hell... she's a combo fiend for sure!

I need to set Overwatch down and go back to SFV... my lacklustre skills are probably even worse now.

The last game that got me really antsy with heights was this bit of Dark Souls

5ecaeee88ce2a23372f09298971289d9-650-80.

I almost gave up at that stage as it was throwing me so off edge I thought I was gonna puke from nervous exhaustion.

I remember that part... I too got really nervous walking gingerly on those invisible platforms. Didn't help those guys are throwing magic at you at the same time!

Opinions on the full version of Overwatch? 12 maps and 3 modes is a little sparse at launch, but Blizzard is hopefully taking their time to study the metrics of online gameplay to see what works, what's popular, and how to nerf anything too overpowered. The art direction is really growing on me, love the British voice cast, the bright colors, and all the FPS influences it shows.

I think it has enough variety... the real trick is if Blizzard keeps it fresh by introducing new modes, new maps, and new characters (in that order) to extend the game's life.

it desperately needs ctf and some basic interface overhauling. i dunno. the basic progression system and all it just doesn't entice me to keep playing. in sfv ranked match with league points you can see how you're progressively getting better and facing more skilled opponents at least. playing to unlock skins is just... zzz...

in sfv i've been hovering in the 3000lp range almost cracking 4k once and breaking into gold rank and then going on a huge losing streak then back to mid 3000s.

was hoping ibuki would release today but apparently she'll be releasing alongside the june cinematic story update which puts them a month behind their character per month schedule.

:cerious:

Cortex Command on co-op with a mate is pretty damn amazing. The enemy AI is really difficult. Controls are unintuitive but the tactical enjoyment makes up for it. We made some ridiculous base structures that caused the enemy ships to kamikaze, killing swathes of soldiers on both sides, after which the opponent brain would dig into some trench and surround himself with concrete, calling down reinforcements on whatever was left of our poor noble troops. I came up with the idea of creating killboxes throughout the map; concrete walls with sentry robots turning enemy troops to minced meat. I love the fact that you can defeat multiple opponent factions by way of attrition, just continually rebuilding and desperately protecting a single battered base until they run out of brains to send. You feel like fucking Braveheart towards the end of a match.

The new/last Witcher 3 expansion Blood & Wine came out yesterday and it was the first time I've ever preordered a videogame in my life. Just now biting into it (badum tsh)...ploughin' glorious. I've been in love with the Witcher universe for years (think I played W1 right before the sequel came out because of all the trailers & hype), and I'm sad the games are coming to a close, but god damn CDPR knows how to make some good DLC.

Now, to explore Toussaint...

probably the only person here still playing but i'll finally have a second character beyond mika:

I'm still playing! Ibuki looks like she's gonna be a lot of fun to play.

Guest bitroast

back in The Witcher 3.

had to tone the difficulty back from hard to medium.

was finding myself not enjoying the combat all that much.. my main enjoyment is from the COLOURFUL pretty visuals ((( oh my god ))) and the cutscenes. gimme horse back travelling + cutscenes for the whole game pleease. anyhow, i'm enjoying the game again now at medium :^) !!!

question!!!

finished the first couple of quests in the first Whiteorch area. now in the second area, still looking for the white haired fat headed looking girl siri. travelled over to a town that was covered in white corroded dust or something and there was a guy who gave a little explanation about the dark wraiths coming and killing the guy i was looking for. the cutscene was really cool and ended with a solid shot of the dark wraith sitting on horse back or standing, looking to the distance... with the town in flames... and it looked wicked !!! *slow fade to black*

as the screen was black, the game let out the audio of a character saying "Shiiiit!"

it was so funny and out of place and had me in stitches. couldn't figure out if it was a glitch or if it's something people are familiar with ???

anyone clarify ??? lololol

Getting back into Classic Doom mods lately on GZDoom for some reason. More than two decades since release and there is still a large, active map and mod creator community today...something I might consider participating in myself. Still can't believe the longevity it's had.

I have been playing a bit of Far Harbor for Fallout 4 too, but it just isn't as fun.

Getting back into Classic Doom mods lately on GZDoom for some reason. More than two decades since release and there is still a large, active map and mod creator community today...something I might consider participating in myself. Still can't believe the longevity it's had.

yup, I've been following them on and off since the 90s, some amazing stuff out there, especially stuff like void which adds a whole bunch of new features and tricks to the game.

TeamTNT (the creators of the TNT: Evilution episode of final doom) went on to make some great, huge levels as well.

Obsessing over Binding Of Isaac again

finished greed mode with The Lost and The Keeper right after one another :catbleed: Then finished the Boss Rush with The Lost :catbleed:

Made me weird out that I did all that in a row, but now I am back at a comfortable -85 win streak

I had a win streak of 21 over the weekend. Then I ate a weed edible and lost it :catcry:

damn... i think my biggest win streak might be 3-5 tops

meaning to ask, do you play with a keyboard or a controller? I'm doing all this with keyboard, I imagine a controller might make things go more smooth

just beat Hush with The Lost :catbleed: may Guppy bless the Ludovico Technique + Brimstone combo (+Shielded Tears which stopped some projectiles)

Edited by triachus