IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

playing INSIDE in short sessions cuz i heard its short and i don,t want it to end yet,amazing

has anyone tried the new hitman staggered release fiasco yet? would love this to be good, and then pick up cheap when all the contents been out for a bit

also back in love with fallout 4,modded to death ,of course...so good after being away for a while

Been playing an awful lot of Nuclear Throne lately, this game is really amazing is you're into rogue-likes/shooters. Took me 22 hours to achieve a run but it was totally worth it !

On PC or PS4? Sadly the PS4 version has been left behind the PC one in terms of patches...

PC ! Yet I would love playing that game with a controller in hand - the PC version really lacks gamepad support (well, except if you have the Xbox controller). Sadly, it seems as if every game developped with GameMaker doesn't support other controller than those ones.

Speaking of controllers, what would you recommand me ? I heard the Steam Controller was pretty shitty yet it makes me extremely curious ! Anybody has one here ?

Been playing an awful lot of Nuclear Throne lately, this game is really amazing is you're into rogue-likes/shooters. Took me 22 hours to achieve a run but it was totally worth it !

On PC or PS4? Sadly the PS4 version has been left behind the PC one in terms of patches...

PC ! Yet I would love playing that game with a controller in hand - the PC version really lacks gamepad support (well, except if you have the Xbox controller). Sadly, it seems as if every game developped with GameMaker doesn't support other controller than those ones.

Speaking of controllers, what would you recommand me ? I heard the Steam Controller was pretty shitty yet it makes me extremely curious ! Anybody has one here ?

I'm not a member of the PC Master Race™, so I'll let someone provide you the 511-page instructions for adding a controller to your spreadsheet-processing-machine-moonlighting-as-a-game-console...

I'm not a member of the PC Master Race™, so I'll let someone provide you the 511-page instructions for adding a controller to your spreadsheet-processing-machine-moonlighting-as-a-game-console...

Ha ! I don't feel like belonging to the PC master race as well (mostly because I only have a macbook pro which isn't that great for gaming purposes), but the thing is, I invested on a Wii U rather than a PS4...Yeah, yeah, I know !

Guest bitroast

!! couldn't agree more.

very on point game design.

the drop feed style of learning game mechanics (learning how to shoot and time falling properly ... learning about double jump ... learning about combos ... learning about wall jump) means you can just keep playing the same levels without ever feeling the burn of the levels getting boring or anything. managed to beat the boss but there's still plenty to play around with once you do that :):)

Just backed Nightdive's Kickstarter campaign for the System Shock reboot.
[youtubehd]NPkKrM73SOU[/youtubehd]
Having played the original 1994 SShock (as well as SShock 2), I'm pretty stoked. Looks like it won't be available til December 2017 though.

Having played the original 1994 SShock (as well as SShock 2), I'm pretty stoked. Looks like it won't be available til December 2017 though.

System shock? What's this?

System shock? What's this?

What?

System Shock is an old first person RPG from '94 made by Warren Spector, I think (the guy who did Deus Ex and Ultima. System Shock 2 was made by Ken Levine (BioShock). System Shock 2 was highly praised so now someone is remaking it (or maybe it's the first one, I dunno).

My understanding is that it's Nightdive's remaster of SShock 1. I can personally confirm this because in the 1994 original it was pretty much the same sequence...waking up in a sickbay on Citadel station, and the first moving thing to greet you is that hostile robot that looks sorta like Tom Servo.

This vid does a pretty good job of comparing the old and the new. But you might wanna skip to 0:10 if you don't wanna sit thru the bullshit intro.
[youtubehd]MRSpyNK7JL0[/youtubehd]

If it bears any kind of resemblance to the Bioshock games, it's no coincidence. The original SShock 1 is the spiritual genesis.

Pokemon Go is everywhere, I even saw some builders out today on it. I think people are learning about the magic of Ingress with a well loved brand name behind it.

I think it'll run out steam in six months or so unless it gets a major update or two, it's quite barebones at the moment and it has a lot of flaws once you put the initial magic of real life pokemon hunting aside.

kinda lame that even biking speed is too fast to register egg incubation. was thinking i'd be able to hatch three 5k eggs on the way to work (9+ mile commute) but i only netted 1.2km i guess when my speed was slow enough (coming to or leading up from stops at red lights). i did manage to hit up like 6-7 pokestops at redlights though.

i think this could get me back into running. my wife too. she already wants to go walking around our neighborhood after work to catch stuff. of course she doesn't have it on her phone because she's afraid of it but she basically steals my phone and plays on it :cerious:

kinda lame that even biking speed is too fast to register egg incubation. was thinking i'd be able to hatch three 5k eggs on the way to work (9+ mile commute) but i only netted 1.2km i guess when my speed was slow enough (coming to or leading up from stops at red lights). i did manage to hit up like 6-7 pokestops at redlights though.

i think this could get me back into running. my wife too. she already wants to go walking around our neighborhood after work to catch stuff. of course she doesn't have it on her phone because she's afraid of it but she basically steals my phone and plays on it :cerious:

Yep - both of my kids now want to go walking after I get home from work and we eat dinner - I'm on a weight loss plan at the moment, so this is perfect (and good for them too). They finally found a Slowpoke last night at a local park, which they deemed a successful evening of hunting :dadjoke:

Pokemon Go is everywhere, I even saw some builders out today on it. I think people are learning about the magic of Ingress with a well loved brand name behind it.

I think it'll run out steam in six months or so unless it gets a major update or two, it's quite barebones at the moment and it has a lot of flaws once you put the initial magic of real life pokemon hunting aside.

I think they were smart (or perhaps fortunate) they weren't able to get all the proposed features in the app on initial release - extends the life of the app, and if they play their (Pokemon) cards right, adding gen 2 - 7 Pokemon in increments will see this lasting more than a year, which would be pretty incredible for a mobile app.

Quality Visual Novel

20160711231237_1.jpg

Is this the game where you play a bartender ? How is it called ? I heard of it when it was on early access (I guess ?) and it looked pretty good !

Edited by StocKo

I need to keep telling myself that I should buy a camera instead of a new gaming rig so I can play INSIDE.

So can you battle others with Pokemon Go?

no

also... if you're on ios and using a pokemon trainers club account don't install the new "stability update" because you won't be able to authenticate at all and won't be able to login. it's not even sending out an authentication request. so i'm screwed until the next update...

https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4sjbeq/ios_users_who_login_using_pokemon_trainers_club/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Almost every single one of my gamer friends plays Pokemon GO. I've tried it. It's aight. A bit lacking since you can't battle people yet. They need to incorporate at least the depth of battling in the actual games. Instead of just 2 attacks >.>.

Almost every single one of my gamer friends plays Pokemon GO. I've tried it. It's aight. A bit lacking since you can't battle people yet. They need to incorporate at least the depth of battling in the actual games. Instead of just 2 attacks >.>.

Can you imagine? Battling random people that are in your proximity (trains, walking around, whatever). I'm envisioning nerdy fist-fights etc in the near future when this becomes available.