IGNORED

Aphex Twin @ Bangface

phudoshin

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was one of the better Aphex sets I've witnessed, I loved it particularly the Jungle. It's great to hear tracks I'd normally play at a house party dropped on a massive rig. The vibe was epic and there seemed to be at least one new Aphex tune! The mixing wasn't always his best but there was a brilliant track selection so it didn't matter and it flowed well. For my friends and myself we didn't want it to end. It was particularly epic when he dropped that Monolith tune!

track id @ 60mins into afx set please

is this the unreleased afx people have mentioned

it's fucking lush

Yeah it sounds like it to me. I remember him playing this precise track somewhere else and someone on the forum claimed it was an unreleased Monolith track, but I don't think so.

It's frustrating he has to ruin it by fading a track in and cutting out half of it, and fucking about with the track on the laptop without letting it just play through!

track id @ 60mins into afx set please

is this the unreleased afx people have mentioned

it's fucking lush

Yeah it sounds like it to me. I remember him playing this precise track somewhere else and someone on the forum claimed it was an unreleased Monolith track, but I don't think so.

It's frustrating he has to ruin it by fading a track in and cutting out half of it, and fucking about with the track on the laptop without letting it just play through!

that was me :wink:! and i still think it's monolith. i can clearly hear the "airbrite" synth sound and the pad chords also sound like dave imho.

Hmmm not fully convinced by what I have seen, good track selection indeed but I'm certain he could, with the huge musical knowledge he must have (normally), bring some otherwise groundbreaking things on the sound system.

It's good but wouldn't make me move from the back of the room to go nuts in the middle of everybody, It just seems to me there's no endeavor and passion behind it all :(

Now I'd be curious to invite him to play what he finds to be the best "strange"/danceable compromise in a small obscure room with no Weirdcore (sorry, I don't like it ^^), only wicked light show and a great sound system, now that's what I'd call a proper Aphex Twin performance, somthing unique, which is not the case here at Bangface for me.

(note for the haters I used "I think" and "for me" to discuss an opinion as it is supposed to be on a forum :rolleyes: )

It's good but wouldn't make me move from the back of the room to go nuts in the middle of everybody, It just seems to me there's no endeavor and passion behind it all :(

good lord how often do you think about what you would have done at show while listening in comfort of own home on personal stereo staring into computer monitored.

does he do this all the time?

Hmmm not fully convinced by what I have seen, good track selection indeed but I'm certain he could, with the huge musical knowledge he must have (normally), bring some otherwise groundbreaking things on the sound system.

good lord how often do you think about what you would have done at show while listening in comfort of own home on personal stereo staring into computer monitored.

Cause I went to enough shows with enough similar tracks maybe?

Archived