IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Recks On just started and I fucking lost it.

yeah, good track

As I enter track 17, I can honestly say I don't hear how some people can say this is like LP5.

It sounds like Draft level abstraction with Quaristice hardware. It has the thicker elements of Untilted's thickest songs and the brightest elements of Oversteps songs.

LP5 always struck me as melodic and algorithmically programmed. This is the furthest thing from that.

agreed.

it's just more direct, the bass is bassy, the drums are hard-hitting and everything seems like it's on its "right" place

wow some tracks sound awesome already !..

it definitely sounds more accessible than the previous stuff, which is in my opinion not a bad thing

Cannot relate to that...i find everything pre-EP7 more accessible compared to this album...even Oversteps is easier to listen to

I agree. I think Oversteps was much more accessible or whatever. I think it has something to do with this mostly being a shit ton hardware and how they are layering stuff. This is some complex stuff here — a lot going on both in sound design and how its made. Its like software events with hardware devices and better post editing.

Disc two definitely seems more refined.

Well maybe what I wanted to say is more direct indeed. Some bits of Oversteps still sound too much all over the place for me. But yeah anyway I wrote that when I was around track 5. Sounds like a very good album anyway.

Edited by Antape

Where. the. FUCK. is Awepittance?!?

Awepittance saw the email from bleep, got the gush, and has now been whisked away in the back of a jam wagon, groin going off like a sick snake, Gush agent clutching a supply of dick nappies, trying to cram in as many jobs as possible before the spunk goes red.

I've got a huge goddamn court hearing today so I'm trying not to think about this being released until tonight. And failing.

Awepittance saw the email from bleep, got the gush, and has now been whisked away in the back of a jam wagon, groin going off like a sick snake, Gush agent clutching a supply of dick nappies, trying to cram in as many jobs as possible before the spunk goes red.

I remember the fear I got the first time I saw that sketch - I honestly thought that could be a thing that could happen :facepalm:

Anyone know the breakdown of the track list between CD1 and CD2? I'd like to split up the digital files into 2 folders, and to split up the listening experience. Every place I look just has the 1-17 list without a break.

Pirating from soul seek because bleep won't let me download what I paid for. Ridiculous really.

I have honestly not pirated any music in at least 9 years.

But, I am completely tempted at this point. Bleep is doing my head in, and I hate the fact that I could be listening to Exai now rather than sitting in silence.

shit, I just realizeed my Runrepik got corrupted when I downloaded it. And there's no way to re-download a file from itunes without paying for it again??? FML.

Just contact the Itunes support, and they will make it available for re-downloading.