IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Okay, okay...

I think the 24bit wavs were busted for me. I managed to get the entire download, but it exceeded 2GB and the zip only contained only those wavs (no flac and no mp3) What is weird though, people are getting different download sizes — some with white noise bursts and some without, some with all the files, some without.

I took matters into my own hand and downloaded the 320Kbps mp3s, but check this out...

The 320kbps MP3s > 24b WAVs on my computer. I'm listening on iTunes 11.01. The mix of the first disc now seems more mastered and cohesive now. The high ends dont seem as sharp and out of place. The white noise burst at 5:27 on T ess is gone.

For those of you who were reporting the same problems as I was, do yourself a favor and grab the MP3s whichever way you can.

This is my second listen and it sounds so much better.

Anyone know the breakdown of the track list between CD1 and CD2? I'd like to split up the digital files into 2 folders, and to split up the listening experience. Every place I look just has the 1-17 list without a break.

cd1

01. FLeure

02. irlite (get 0)

03. prac-f

04. jatevee C

05. T ess xi

06. vekoS

07. Flep

08. tuinorizn

09. bladelores

cd2

10. 1 1 is

11. nodezsh

12. runrepik

13. spl9

14. cloudline

15. deco Loc

16. recks on

17. YJY UX

Guest pixelives

The robot doing the scat in cloudline is the best.

funny how you only just now get into these kind of details

I said that before actually.. During one of my first listens. I was just listening again and reiterating.

1 1 is is the first track on disc 2 i think

Anyone know the breakdown of the track list between CD1 and CD2? I'd like to split up the digital files into 2 folders, and to split up the listening experience. Every place I look just has the 1-17 list without a break.

cd1

01. FLeure

02. irlite (get 0)

03. prac-f

04. jatevee C

05. T ess xi

06. vekoS

07. Flep

08. tuinorizn

09. bladelores

cd2

10. 1 1 is

11. nodezsh

12. runrepik

13. spl9

14. cloudline

15. deco Loc

16. recks on

17. YJY UX

Thanks! :beer:

cd1

01. FLeure

02. irlite (get 0)

03. prac-f

04. jatevee C

05. T ess xi

06. vekoS

07. Flep

08. tuinorizn

09. bladelores

cd2

10. 1 1 is

11. nodezsh

12. runrepik

13. spl9

14. cloudline

15. deco Loc

16. recks on

17. YJY UX

Quite logical actually, since there's a Japanese bonus track [keyosc], with keyosc it makes a total of 18 tracks, 18/2=9.

Seriously guys, has anyone who heard this first go around on the 24bit wavs, listened again on the 320kbps MP3s?

It doesnt sound as muddy. I think iTunes doesnt handle 24bit wavs too well... Everything seemed to blow past any internal EQ in the program. It sounds WAY better on MP3 the second go around.

Pixelives, I'd be curious if you could run this experiment on your own... 320 mp3 vs 24bit wav vs your promo

Guest pixelives

Seriously guys, has anyone who heard this first go around on the 24bit wavs, listened again on the 320kbps MP3s?

It doesnt sound as muddy. I think iTunes doesnt handle 24bit wavs too well... Everything seemed to blow past any internal EQ in the program. It sounds WAY better on MP3 the second go around.

Pixelives, I'd be curious if you could run this experiment on your own... 320 mp3 vs 24bit wav vs your promo

Still running my 320's I'm going to wait for the dust to settle to DL my real wavs. I wouldn't be surprised about the itunes handling. I was actually just going to DL the 16bits anyway just to save some space...

(I feel like the 24bit wavs were unmastered)

you don't think it could be that you're using one of the shittiest programs to listen to your music on?

I mean, I'm not completely ruling out that there could be a fuck up with the files, but at least try listening to them with something a bit better than iTunes?

Still running my 320's I'm going to wait for the dust to settle to DL my real wavs. I wouldn't be surprised about the itunes handling. I was actually just going to DL the 16bits anyway just to save some space...

Gotcha. My recommendation for anyone with iTunes is 16bit wav or 320 kbps MP3, nothing more or nothing less.

I also take back my original statement about this feeling like Draft abstraction on Quaristice hardware

For whatever reason, 24bit wavs in iTunes on a Mac makes this sound unmastered and without a balanced EQ.

(I feel like the 24bit wavs were unmastered)

you don't think it could be that you're using one of the shittiest programs to listen to your music on?

I mean, I'm not completely ruling out that there could be a fuck up with the files, but at least try listening to them with something a bit better than iTunes?

I'm open to suggestions on the Mac.