IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I'm still surprised how bloody good it is. After 20 years, The rolling stones, Pink Floyd & New order were not releasing wicked music like Exai. Funny that Booth/Brown are aging so well.

I still can't wrap my head around how such a singular unique vision could be an equal collaboration between 2 different people, i can't make sense of it.. at all.

Its a bit similar with Pan Sonic, Mika Vainio solo records & the Asuma cd (by Ilpo) shares that Pan Sonic sound.

Deco loc definitely has the kick drum from Xylin Room. I would like to source all the sounds, but couldn't be bothered. I dig prac-f's ending. Vekos too. cloudline seems to have opened up in a new way for no apparent reason. Really like the small details now.

Guest the anonymous forumite

yeah, hated it at first but runrepik has become one of my favourite for its atmosphere.

I was thinking of taking advantage of the Easter break and do a Quaristice--Quaristice (Versions)-Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae-Oversteps-Move of Ten - Exai marathon ...

Who will reign supreme?

fixed that for you. :wink:

Ha I really don't think i have any hour long slot coming up within the rest of my life to listen to Perlene Subrange 6-36....

Just do it while you sleep :emotawesomepm9:

Guest CobalTim

I was thinking of taking advantage of the Easter break and do a Quaristice--Quaristice (Versions)-Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae-Oversteps-Move of Ten - Exai marathon ...

Who will reign supreme?

fixed that for you. :wink:

Seriously: Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae. That thing destroyed Music itself. In a good way.

"Ha I really don't think i have any hour long slot coming up within the rest of my life to listen to Perlene Subrange 6-36...."

You're missing out dude.

I too have barely put a lid on my spazzy excitement over the possibility of an EP.

In a perfect world it would consist of an ejaculation of brain shred stutter drum stuff that they'd been saving up/making but not releasing since they decided to change direction with Oversteps. Stuff like the first half of Fleure but with a farty drum exoskeleton.

Not at all dissing Exai. Exai's da shit. But I long for a bit of cubist mindphuq.

*Edit* apologies, I've no idea why there's a blank post above this one...

Edited by hello spiral

It just appeared to me : vekoS = the chaoS (sorry if someone has already mentioned it).

Also, tuinorizn is too short, and this is no lush. :(

relistening to Move Of Ten for the first time in ages and noticing how much nodezsh sounds like Etchogon-S. Nodezsh was one of the first tracks I got into on Exai, yet I never really warmed to Etchogon-S at the time, now I'm really enjoying it though. The old aeffect at play I suppose :music: