IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I was beginning to wonder whether maybe Exai was intended to be an LP + EP rather than 2LP but they combined them so sales wouldn't be hindered by the new BoC... perhaps unlikely but I can see why that might happen. Exai contains a lot of material though so I'm not exactly expecting an EP, although of course I would welcome one fully if there is one. But yeah, EP + Tour Announcement next month... I'd be down for that.

lovin this more with each listen. It sounds a bit like a (friendly, joshing) standoff between Sean and Rob "one cd aint big enough for the two of us" all guns blazin at each other. The beginning of nodezsh is Sean announcing "enough of this sicklysweet swooshy meandering, follow me through to spl9 now."

I'm definetely partial to CD one though.

Still enjoying this album - consistently gets regular plays each week. Originally, Exai didn't enter into my top 3 Ae releases; however that's definitely changed now.

You can tell they're getting more masterful in their approaches and techniques on every new album that comes out.

It sounds so SciFi to me, I'd agree top 3 but wow that means a great album has to drop out.

I don't even want to think about which album that is.

I agree with whoever said this doesn't sound as dry as their earlier masterpieces, this one has big balls and does whatever it wants.

A few months after the release of a new album by my favorite artist's I always ask what next? Especially with AE, with each new release they seem to cover a new/different world, now that Exai's been fully digested, I can't help but wonder what's next.

After shelving this for a bit and listening to it again today this record hit me in a way it hasn't previously. I was definitely a fan of it before to begin with, but now it's really 'clicked' Bravo Autechre, this really is a great record.