IGNORED

Brian Eno - LUX

cear

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the london preview. It was a lovely album to listen to in a church setting although towards the end it seemed to overstay its welcome. I like the main piano motif he works with in the first two tracks.

Also playing now at Haneda Airport, Tokyo.

34 years after giving us Music for Airports, ambient maestro Brian Eno has chosen an apt location to preview his latest album. Head to Terminal 2 of Haneda Airport this weekend to check out the studio wonk's newest solo offering, Lux (released next week on Warp Records). The album will be wafting gently over the speakers in the 1st floor arrival lobby from November 2-6, as well as the Discovery Museum up on the 3rd floor. If you'd like to give it your undivided attention, meanwhile, you can swing by the basement Margot Bar (near the ticket gates for the Keikyu line) and listen to the high-end SHM-CD version on headphones. Airports will never sound the same again.

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/event/6501/Brian-Enos-Lux-at-Haneda-Airport

Regards

This album stream will be active via this website on

Tuesday 30th of October, between 10:00am and 10:00am

Well that's no fucking good is it?

You can listen to the whole thing on Bleep now. Well, that's if you're prepared to sit there pressing play about forty times anyway. :)

Sounds like proper, old-school Eno this. Looking forward to it.

Listening to the Bleep samples again makes me think this is some kind of follow up to 1985's 'Thursday Afternoon'.

Yes! For me it is somewhere between that and 'Neroli' or 'The Shutov Assembly': music to slowly drift away into.

It's a little like the less dynamic pieces on Shutov Assembly such as 'Riverside' and 'Inoccenti'. I don't see the connection with Neroli other than the form factor. On Part 4, there is also a haunting familiarity to Eno's two collaborations with Harold Budd during the early 80's.

I think this will be a classic album.

Hi Res Artwork (6mb)

http://enoshop.thepl...LUX_Cover21.jpg

I remember using a similiar filter in Photoshop seeeveral years ago. I find some of Enos selfmade covers pretty boring. A bit simple compared to the effort he seems to put into the music. Nevertheless I recognize my ambient time is over. Yes, nice sounds and delicate piano but it's not catching me anymore. Aside that, nice that Eno goes back to his roots with this!

Archived