IGNORED

Darkstar - Civic Jams

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, Soloman Tump said:

News from Nowhere was indeed a good album, will give this a spin

yes it was, actually liked all their albums.

This however, is lazy and uninspired, just my opinion..

On 5/1/2020 at 7:04 AM, thumbass said:

The processing on a claps is interesting. The synth lead is that on-the-nose early 90ies throwback homage to Robin S etc that seemed to come back after that Calvin Harris single used it a few years ago. Overall it's kinda flat and lacks energy, excitement, or any real surprise. In a world where James Blake does this sound with so much more panache I don't see myself exploring this further, would love to be wrong though.

these guys just seem to jump on a trend and mimic the fuck out of it, right? Amplified Ease was one of the best Animal Collective songs I’ve heard and it was on a Dark Star album. Wtf. No thanks. 

ive always had a soft spot for darkstar, they have a knack for really catchy melodies and I'd argue they always put a spin on whatever genre-jumping they do.

this one didnt immediately impress but is currently growing on me.  Jam and 1001 are both excellent.  Text is verging on guilty-pleasure territory.. almost too radio-ready.. but its getting still stuck in my head.

• 1 month later...

Archived