IGNORED

Brian Eno - LUX

cear

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good news. I will definitely get the CD. I'm very impressed with the turnout date for this: an annoucement was first made today, and the release is in a little over a month. Why can't they all be like this? (I'm tired of the "new album announcement--now wait for 3 to 6 months, you fucks".)

Good news, will most likely purchase the standard CD version.

But WARP, it really does not need a £400 limited edition boxed set with hand crafted clay figurines, packed in buffalo hide and printed on nun's ear wax vinyl, limited to only 8000 copies and hand-made in Botswana by blind monkeys.

Although, that would be kinda cool.

PS the fact that it is released in November is brilliant. I wish all release schedules were this short.

Brian Eno, godfather of the ambient genre, genitor of its best moments as well as its worst cliches, come back on Warp for a new album, soberly named "LUX".

Described as a continuation of his Music For Thinking project, LUX sounds, just like its two predecessors, way ahead of its time. Eno forgot the usual pads and mellow atmospheres he loved so much, and revisited the sound of today : expect the most "ambient" drops you'll ever hear.

LUX 1 sees Brian going from 808 fuzzy beat to the most advanced complextro to date, but without losing any of the Masters previous works strength. The last seconds of the first movement (white noise getting louder and louder over bell sounds) leads directly in LUX 2, a beast that'll immediately struck you on the dancefloor : the drop at 9:42 is probably the best heard this year.

After the garage piece LUX 3, LUX 4 achieves your brain in the most total fuckery - a delicious blend of piano, guitars, and high-pitched vocal samples. The scratches and the rap (featuring poet Rick Holland) over Eno's massive beats conclude that magnificent album. Without a doubt, LUX is probably the best Brian Eno's album - to date.

Good news, will most likely purchase the standard CD version.

But WARP, it really does not need a £400 limited edition boxed set with hand crafted clay figurines, packed in buffalo hide and printed on nun's ear wax vinyl, limited to only 8000 copies and hand-made in Botswana by blind monkeys.

Although, that would be kinda cool.

PS the fact that it is released in November is brilliant. I wish all release schedules were this short.

i love this post :biggrin:

Wake me up when they put some samples up on the site.

I bet it's terrible.

:D

mr. curmudgeon these days huh?

Squee doesn't even want to hear bull wallet. He is closing himself off from the world.

Squee everybody hurts sometimes so hold on

Brian Eno, godfather of the ambient genre, genitor of its best moments as well as its worst cliches, come back on Warp for a new album, soberly named "LUX".

Described as a continuation of his Music For Thinking project, LUX sounds, just like its two predecessors, way ahead of its time. Eno forgot the usual pads and mellow atmospheres he loved so much, and revisited the sound of today : expect the most "ambient" drops you'll ever hear.

LUX 1 sees Brian going from 808 fuzzy beat to the most advanced complextro to date, but without losing any of the Masters previous works strength. The last seconds of the first movement (white noise getting louder and louder over bell sounds) leads directly in LUX 2, a beast that'll immediately struck you on the dancefloor : the drop at 9:42 is probably the best heard this year.

After the garage piece LUX 3, LUX 4 achieves your brain in the most total fuckery - a delicious blend of piano, guitars, and high-pitched vocal samples. The scratches and the rap (featuring poet Rick Holland) over Eno's massive beats conclude that magnificent album. Without a doubt, LUX is probably the best Brian Eno's album - to date.

I would actually love this to be true!

That Pitchfork stuff sounds like complete bullshit to me. Rap and garage?

Has this person ever heard 'Discreet Music' and 'Neroli'? They are completely minimalist works.

I predict it will sound remarkably like the gallery installation piece I posted earlier because it purportedly based on that work.

I'm a fan but its unlikely to be his best album ever as Pitchfork predicts.

That Pitchfork stuff sounds like complete bullshit to me. Rap and garage?

Has this person ever heard 'Discreet Music' and 'Neroli'? They are completely minimalist works.

I predict it will sound remarkably like the gallery installation piece I posted earlier because it purportedly based on that work.

I'm a fan but its unlikely to be his best album ever as Pitchfork predicts.

Well, that was a joke.

But I'm happy that someone actually believed it, I guess I'm not too far from the truth :spiteful:

Archived