Jeepers Creepers 6/10 as with so many Hollywood horror films, en exciting and suspenseful beginning quickly degenerates into a borefest of a cat and mouse chase and unengaging "action" sequences.

Equus 7.5/10 will never look at a horse the same way again.....

Anyone interested in documentary film must see The Act of Killing. It's the most fascinating, brutal, honest, true thing I've seen, probably ever. I saw it last night and was just dumbstruck by it. It'll take a while to digest and review properly. Not for the faint of heart. What strange creatures we are...

yes. this one was a beast. recommended.

animal kingdom - i've enjoyed this film many times and then, most recently, again, with the same spectacular result.

That film is dark, I watched it once and couldn't watch it again.

Liar Liar 4/10 I watched this film ages ago and found it mildy amusing, now however watching Jim gurn for 86 mins just makes me cringe hard.

Edited by MadameChaos

animal kingdom - i've enjoyed this film many times and then, most recently, again, with the same spectacular result.

i sometimes like to play in the dark. jacki weaver might well be the best part of this film for me, she is so amazing. i'm hoping she'll team with david lynch as something

i sometimes like to play in the dark. jacki weaver might well be the best part of this film for me, she is so amazing. i'm hoping she'll team with david lynch as something 

Ooh a bit of a bad boy are we?

I don't see that director/actor combo happening somehow. And now I'm not even sure David will make another film unfortunately.

220px-Philadelphia_imp.jpg

not all that bad. tom hanks gets aids, and get's denzel to help him sue his bosses for firing him when they find out he's gay and has aids (at the time, carrying a huge homosexual stigma with it). typical 90s hollywood blockbuster

royal affair - imagine it'd be far better on a large screen, but this is essentially a film with a domestic aim that has a slightly different international appeal, as it's based on the true story of a king who's manipulated into dramatically modern law's being introduced (and repealing of old draconian laws) after being advised in a semi-therapeutic manner by his doctor (mads mikkelsen). there's a slight sense of wealthy people rattling around lavish, dull and selfish lifestyles, and i'd imagine the scale of a large screen would add to the sense of the scale of the houses, the absurdity of the expensive clothes, the contrast to the larger public's way of life, as that's usually the case with these semi-political costume period pieces. well made though, and acted.

Yeah good call, also you probably thought of that because Jacki Weaver in Animal Kingdom bears a bit of a resemblance to Grace Zabriskie, that he uses in quite a few of his films:

Wild12.jpg

heh, yeah maybe

magic magic (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1929308/) - very nice, reminded me of poanki's the tenant quite a bit, starts kinda nothing-y but grows very intense and claustrophobic.

woah michael cera in a thriller? i loved the tenant, but the info on this imdb page makes me pretty skeptical

justice league flashpoint paradox - put this on to watch with my brother the other day, we were laughing at the crappiness all the way through. From the continuity .... oh fuck it i won't bother explaining what's wrong, it's dreck. A shining example of all that can go wrong in an anti-creative environment.

swamp thing (1982) - very b-grade clumsy realisation of a comic book character that i've never explored, despite his later association with alan moore. Directed by Wes Craven, wow, he grew a lot in the two year between this and 1984's Nightmare on Elm Street. Cinematography was quite shit as well, it's like in some of the cans they couldn't afford decent film or something, whilst in others it was all good. Anyway, limited appeal time passer/10