Big Hero 6 - 8/10 great family film, a long origin story but good action. Spot the Stan Lee cameo!

I liked the very first teaser which had no voice acting and it made me want to watch the movie. Then as soon as I saw the first trailer that had dialogue I promised myself I would never watch it.

the taking of deborah logan

reddit said it was great, it wasn't.

i was intrigued by this gif from the film (sort of a spoiler i guess)

tumblr_ne5dc0N4Bt1tsy6uyo1_400.gif

but it wasn't really worth it.

Guest bitroast

the taking of deborah logan

reddit said it was great, it wasn't.

i was intrigued by this gif from the film (sort of a spoiler i guess)

tumblr_ne5dc0N4Bt1tsy6uyo1_400.gif

but it wasn't really worth it.

kind of looks like that other film ...

Extraterrestrial. Like Alien Abduction but pretty good, rather than utter arse. Speaking of which, a bloke gets killed by an anal probe. Michael Ironside is a stoned 'Nam vet who tries to fight an alien with a machine gun. Super cheesy at times, if you like aliens though why not go for it.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Babadook was OK. Unusual for a horror film to actually have a happy ending that's not a trick before a last minute twist

flol @ messiaen's imax terror

Guest bitroast

the act of killing

holy fucking shit.

I tried watching this with housemates while back and we were just sitting in awkward silence for ~30 minutes or so before others starting saying they wanted to turn it off.

Need to try it again because I was pretty captivated tbh. but it was such a disturbing watch that it's hard to go back and watch it again...

the act of killing

holy fucking shit.

I tried watching this with housemates while back and we were just sitting in awkward silence for ~30 minutes or so before others starting saying they wanted to turn it off.

Need to try it again because I was pretty captivated tbh. but it was such a disturbing watch that it's hard to go back and watch it again...

The first time I watched it I turned it off after 30 minutes as well. I was quite intrigued by the completely insane characters, though. Like I said in an earlier post, no one can write that great or original characters.

the act of killing

holy fucking shit.

The first time I watched it I turned it off after 30 minutes as well. I was quite intrigued by the completely insane characters, though. Like I said in an earlier post, no one can write that great or original characters.

Also, there's a sequel out now called The Look of Silence:

"A family that survives the genocide in Indonesia confronts the men who killed one of their brothers."

the_look_of_silence_1.png

I'll probably go watch it this weekend.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

^ the kid made some really lollable faces though. I think he was trying to convey terror but instead it just looked like

chris-morris-blue-jam.jpg

loool

Guest transmisiones ferox

Blowup 1966

one of the biggest film inspirations I watched in my recent memorie, I saw it about 2 years ago, still fresh in my mind, gonna watch it again someday

Blowup 1966

one of the biggest film inspirations I watched in my recent memorie, I saw it about 2 years ago, still fresh in my mind, gonna watch it again someday

i find it nearly impossible to watch films from earlier than 70s or so, it's like a different world entirely, you can sort of watch them as cultural relics but it's hard to identify with them.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Blowup 1966

i find it nearly impossible to watch films from earlier than 70s or so, it's like a different world entirely, you can sort of watch them as cultural relics but it's hard to identify with them.

you can try, it's technically far superior at that time it was released, I think, the camera work is amazing, but yeah I remember I was quite uninterested the first hour, till the plot strat to twist, the moment he saw the body in the photo and then I re-watch it again

Edited by arvy Ictal