Sign in to follow this  
Redruth

Untilted

I listened to this for the first time too for the first time in years and was really taken by how dry and contained it was compared to the new stuff . Structures were almost skeletal but everything sounds so deliberate . Really enjoyed it and still is probably my most listened to Ae album

quaristice was when they figured out what the Reverb Effect does in their DAW. 

FL reverb is all over oversteps

Posted (edited)

16 years, and Untilted - unlike me - hasn't aged an hour 

Edited by AE35unit

The Holy trinity : the field, the draft and the ted

Stage 2 Peak AE

Agreed

You’re looking old

;)

Really tho it still sounds fresh you right

Untilted was 2005, no?

yah they were really on point in that era

Posted (edited)

Untilted was 2005, no?

Correct.

Shit, feels like ages ago. But it still has arguably the most aggressive percussion of any release. I still remember that transition in LCC when the track starts to break from the drum loop and goes full-on attack mode just before it relaxes into that slow, old school hip hop style beat and the pads kick in. How tf they managed to sequence that is incredible.

Edited by ambermonk

still my most played ae

_Sub_Limit    

Untilted was 2005, no?

Correct.

Shit, feels like ages ago. But it still has arguably the most aggressive percussion of any release. I still remember that transition in LCC when the track starts to break from the drum loop and goes full-on attack mode just before it relaxes into that slow, old school hip hop style beat and the pads kick in. How tf they managed to sequence that is incredible.

tumblr_inline_p99v84putb1v0inuy_500.gif

how tf they managed to sequence pretty much anything on this album is incredible if we're being real here

eyseq

o-f

there are definitely some great ideas here, but a lot of these tracks are overly indulgent and should have been trimmed down. personally I would have preferred it if they had honed this into a nice focused ep. there's just too much aimless jamming here for my taste. Untilted is good, it's just obviously not on the same level as Cavity Job.

Stage 2 Peak AE

Agreed

You’re looking old

;)

41 fucking years  :blush:

...and yes, i'm wrong, untilted is 14 years old, but it is far from puberty, it still has to lose its milk teeth

there are definitely some great ideas here, but a lot of these tracks are overly indulgent and should have been trimmed down. personally I would have preferred it if they had honed this into a nice focused ep. there's just too much aimless jamming here for my taste. Untilted is good, it's just obviously not on the same level as Cavity Job.

:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

Stage 2 Peak AE

Agreed

You’re looking old

;)

41 fucking years  :blush:

...and yes, i'm wrong, untilted is 14 years old, but it is far from puberty, it still has to lose its milk teeth

photo-19012.jpg

looks like you might be older than 41 to me  :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by auxien

yah they were really on point in that era

Which era was that again, when they weren't on point? ;) :D

The Other Trinities

The bula, the amber and the tri

The slide, the 5 and the 7

The tice, the steps and the xi

The seq, the live and the sesh

untilted is definitely the best ae record from a lyrical standpoint. augmatic disport makes me cry evrytiem

Untilted was 2005, no?

Correct.

I remember some breakcore producer (Venetian Snares probably) saying this is one of their favourite albums. And I don't wonder because the drum programming is just fucking incredible.

Also generally it has that feel like being done on an old school tracker with the minute details all manually worked in. The dryness and crunchiness just adds to the feeling.

autechre are always on point, they were just especially on point in the confield-draft 7.30-untilted era.

hey--if sprawling, repetitive jams like 'sublimit' are your thing, that's great. personally though I miss when they made tracks that actually change over time. but realistically, I guess its unfair to expect them to keep making masterpieces of the level of Lego Feet.

autechre are always on point, they were just especially on point in the confield-draft 7.30-untilted era.

hey! wadbaad quaristckstec?!

hey--if sprawling, repetitive jams like 'sublimit' are your thing, that's great. personally though I miss when they made tracks that actually change over time. but realistically, I guess its unfair to expect them to keep making masterpieces of the level of Lego Feet.
Flol