IGNORED

Untilted

Redruth

wow! how did you know about this track? 

So, lol, they cut this to samples and created a new track out of that?

• 1 year later...

I love this album, and not that I've listened to enough other electronic music to say this but..it has a particular use of repetition that I've not heard elsewhere. It's this hermetically sealed thorough workout where each segment of a track persists to the point you anticipate the transition so that when it occurs its doubly satisfying. The sound is so dry, so meticulous. I never really took to Sublimit like others until the aquatic bit at the end changed my mind, i think by that point of the album I'm sort of done. I like that the album is 8 tracks though, with every track being distinctive after just a few listens. It's one of the best sequenced electronic albums I've heard, and I think Chiastic Slide onwards they were brilliant at that, i think it's just the increasing variation in their sound and maybe they were more conscious of it. Maybe not.

I first listened to this album through earphones while taking my dogs for a walk. Really the worst way to listen to it. I don't think it's an earphones album, but others might disagree.

and pro radii is beyond anyone anything, without the use of drugs I've really flipped out listening to this track, it's so extraordinary in my mind it eclipsed everything, so i try not to listen to it anymore unless I can do it at ear splitting volume. It contributed to the death of my cd player, and all other listening devices I've had since have been lacking. It just submerges you deep into an alien ocean and drags you around, it's so transformative it's probably beyond being demystified, but i don't want to think of it in terms of the software/hardware used to create it. It justifies any time i might push autechre on to people, because i want them to listen to this track in pitch darkness very loud and think it's the greatest art ever created, be in total awe of it, be absorbed by the all consuming sensation of it. My favourite line in cinema is ''Even sex is a mystical experience for you. I feel like I'm being harpooned by some raging monk in the act of receiving God'.

It's like that. It's so special. Nothing has had such an impact on me.

Great post, captures why I fell in love with it in the first place. During my first phase of Untilted adoration, it was the most spatially dynamic car music I could think of, like strapping yourself to a rollercoaster. Totally a vehicular listen, inimitable in that regard. If you were on a long commute or sunday drive by yourself, nothing better than turning on the ignition and pressing play.

yea, awesome post sp. i was so obsessed with untilted when it came out but it took me weeks to even get to iera. I couldn't stop from starting over after augmatic disport. it took me even longer to get to sublimit. that's it's own beast. just massive. it's the perfect ae album to me, the mix of hip hop fuckery, the narrative, the pacing, the way they were almost backwards. it was like an hour of surripere in reverse at first. it's still my fav ae by a long shot. i just still skip fermium a lot because of how annoyed i was by warp.com at the time just playing that over and over. then the live sets started trickling out and say what you want about elusive, but he gave me so many of those sets back in the day and my head just exploded over and over. cheers for resurrecting this. blasting it hard now with a fire and a glass of red in my old man rocking chair.

Edited by jules

Excellent post, suffocate peon ! You put words where i can just feel and appreciate. Bravo

You’re right about the headphones and the dog walk, but if you try it at home on vinyl, a little hammered, like, when everyone is sleeping and you’re the only one up and you have a little cocaine or caffeine, hmmm, it slashes your ears because it’s so dry but the vinyl sounds crunchy and loud, fantastic sounds, so good

Sorry to be such a drug addict but Untilted is pure cocaine for me.

I was addicted to cc when Untilted came out, that surely helps my pov, lol

Sounds like a remix to me! Not an attempt to put shade on ae, btw. Hearing this actually made me appreciate the track even more!

Nice find!

Sounds like a remix to me! Not an attempt to put shade on ae, btw. Hearing this actually made me appreciate the track even more!

Nice find!

To me it's more than a remix, it's a completely new track just using one source. Anyway, now thinking that isn't this the case for a lot of the Gescom music since ISS:SA? Like Megamix definitely sounds like it could have all been sampled from one source.

I didnt think I liked Fermium that much, but just listened back and its totally baller.  Also agree with above that Untitled is the go-to car album.  Sounds wicked cranked loud on a car stereo.  Unfortuantely I havent owned a car in years so no longer have the capability to go full Untilted

yea, awesome post sp. i was so obsessed with untilted when it came out but it took me weeks to even get to iera. I couldn't stop from starting over after augmatic disport. it took me even longer to get to sublimit. that's it's own beast. just massive. it's the perfect ae album to me, the mix of hip hop fuckery, the narrative, the pacing, the way they were almost backwards. it was like an hour of surripere in reverse at first. it's still my fav ae by a long shot. i just still skip fermium a lot because of how annoyed i was by warp.com at the time just playing that over and over. then the live sets started trickling out and say what you want about elusive, but he gave me so many of those sets back in the day and my head just exploded over and over. cheers for resurrecting this. blasting it hard now with a fire and a glass of red in my old man rocking chair.

Long-time lurker first-time poster here, what other HQ live sets from this era exist apart from Glasgow? I'd be dying to get links to them. =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

For me Untilted is the best Ae album. The first part is brilliant, especially Ipacial Section, then it's pure win after Iera and ends in the Sublimit which I think pretty much epitomizes Autechre.

Q: How much techre would Autechre techre if Autechre could techre Autechre?

A: Sublimit.

^gold

Came here to point out this weirdness: Amazon's listing for Untilted shows the cover in weird colors, almost negative. Not sure how this would even accidentally happen.

https://www.amazon.com/Untilted-Autechre/dp/B001RJQR0A/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Once you click that link you should definitely look through the reviews and find some good ones to post here because for some reason this thread is only 10 pages long? Oversteps megathread was like 200+ pages? But this is 10? wtf

Edited by auxien