IGNORED

Covers That Are Better Than The Original

J3FF3R00

I thought there was already a thread about this, so I searched thoroughly and found nothing.

Having said that, here are the rules (to avoid this thread from getting too clunky when loading:

- 1 post per page / per member. If you want to post more than one cover, wait after someone else to posts or wait until the next page to do so. Try not to be a brute and load a bunch of clips in one post.

- You can post youtube clips, but only if they are of the cover version of the song (if you really want to be kind, just hyperlink it).

- If you want people to hear the original, post it as a hyperlink, preferably with the text of the song/original artist.

Feel free to hide youtube vids in spoilers too. I think that may help things load faster, but I could be wrong.

Here is an example of a proper post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaymsFzWKQ

Original:

You next.

I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this:

Don't care. GK's version is much more dynamic than the original, imo. Let's not discuss Marilyn Manson's version though. I know that one sucks.

This is one of those questions that I have a few brilliant answers to, and try to keep logged in my memory, but when the question is actually asked my memory just turns into thin, cold space.

Sorry if this is blasphemy or something.

Oh man, I love the original Man Who Sold The World, but I feel the same way about Heroes. Aphex Twin + Philip Glass's cover is much better.

gonna disregard your rules. cross post with the sad songs thread.

[youtubehd]PO6Rknx5xyI[/youtubehd]

cover of the bee gees

The mood of the RATM version seems to portray the message of the song so much better than ol' Bruce did, instead of being a bland folky ballad, it becomes a potent message about corruption and class.

Archived