IGNORED

Photodementia - Fig. 04

Redruth

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PolyKrome

I got both fig 3 & 4 on vinyl and they are both pretty damn good if you ask me. I agree fig 4 doesn't have quite the same rawness in the execution but it is what it is. If you take it as Photodementia has 3 members (maybe a revolving door policy of Rephlex label mates) then you are going to get a different vibe on some of the releases.

It seems to me fig 3 stylistically is mainly one or two people making the brunt of the music with one or two tracks maybe coming from someone else? fig 4 has the same vibe going on with maybe Monolith taking on the brunt of the tracks, and again one or two coming from other peeps? Either way, as I have said, it's all damn good if you take it on it's own merit!

Guest cult fiction

I got both fig 3 & 4 on vinyl and they are both pretty damn good if you ask me. I agree fig 4 doesn't have quite the same rawness in the execution but it is what it is. If you take it as Photodementia has 3 members (maybe a revolving door policy of Rephlex label mates) then you are going to get a different vibe on some of the releases.

It seems to me fig 3 stylistically is mainly one or two people making the brunt of the music with one or two tracks maybe coming from someone else? fig 4 has the same vibe going on with maybe Monolith taking on the brunt of the tracks, and again one or two coming from other peeps? Either way, as I have said, it's all damn good if you take it on it's own merit!

The curious thing is that Bernard Davies/David Barnard is not credited on the Fig. 4 vinyl, despite it being the release that sounds the most like him.

Archived