yeah, there's no grand conspiracy here. Lynch wanted more money & more episodes to do the story the way he wanted to do it.

Showtime balked. Lynch walked. Showtime caved.

I think this is nothing but positive because Lynch is going into this knowing exactly how many episodes he has to work with, what needs to happen in each episode, how much time he has to move from beginning to end... much better than writing for an open-ended series where your trying to maintain suspense & keep the story going indefinitely (like Lost). He clearly had this plotted out for x amount of episodes and Showtime was trying to scale it back to keep it under a certain budget.

its been quite a while now since Inland Empire

dunno about any1 else but i've missed the intermittent and glorious moments of seeing new Lynch projects on the big screen, cos those are some of the best moments you get with film. With a new tv series and with the man himself behind the final versions......holy fuckin sweet jesus AND mary AND the disciples and other emphatic biblical references.....something you can enjoy at home in your own time in an all enveloping world of strangeness

dare i say it........ fuck yeah

Updates:

- The third season will consist of 18 (!) episodes instead of the planned 9.
- The Double R Diner / Twede's Cafe will be restored to its original look.

- Angelo Badelamenti will do new music for the show.

http://www.factmag.com/2015/05/24/angelo-badalamenti-to-score-twin-peaks-reboot/

Updates:

http://www.factmag.com/2015/05/24/angelo-badalamenti-to-score-twin-peaks-reboot/

considering how badly FACTMAG messed up the facts regarding the Caustic Window kickstarter, I think I'll take anything they say with a pinch of salt.

For example - those are not official updates, and are coming from cast members.

Updates:

5mpn8Qq.gif

also, factmag herr? i'm sure there are other sites to link

#StartFACTMagShaming

considering how badly FACTMAG messed up the facts regarding the Caustic Window kickstarter, I think I'll take anything they say with a pinch of salt.

For example - those are not official updates, and are coming from cast members.

Considering how this post comes from someone who doesn't even want the show to happen, I'll take anything this poster says with a pinch of salt.

also, factmag herr? i'm sure there are other sites to link

#StartFACTMagShaming

5mpn8Qq.gif

WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Well, same source, other sites, just for posterity:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/the-new-season-of-twin-peaks-will-be-twice-as-many-episodes/

“Yes. Those were the major reveals,” someone close to the organization of the convention confirmed in a message to Welcome to Twin Peaks. “They didn’t seem to know much past that,” he added.

cwmbrancity, on 25 May 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

DL knocked out this vision of ethereal malevolence himself on Inland Empire (the wtf bbq scene),

gets right in the nooks and crannies

I was looking for that one, thanks! Didn't know Lynch himself did that, although I'm not suprised.

In case anyone is interested, here's a video of the interviews where this info is stemming from:

[youtubehd]cFlDoM9gXSY[/youtubehd]

Main highlight (so you don't have to sift through 20 mins of video):

Audrey Horne says that the push for more $ from DL may have come from his realization that he would need more episodes to fully capture what he has in mind for S3. Specifically, she mentions how Twin Peaks (the place) itself is part of a larger universe, and DL wanted to wrap this all together, and realized he needed more time to do so. I.E., 9 episodes would cost X money, but then he realized he needed 18 episodes, and quoted the folks at Showtime 2X money and everyone was like WTF? 2XXXX!!!!

So, somewhat surprisingly (I was very cynical originally, believing this could be just DL throwing a tantrum) it actually sounds like the push for more $ was legitimately in service of the story itself (rather than a $ grab for DL alone).

Personally, 18 sounds much better than 9 - seems like they could wrap up a lot of things with 9, but it might feel rushed - makes me afraid of the X-Files resurrection being only pegged at 6 episodes . . .

Personally, 18 sounds much better than 9 - seems like they could wrap up a lot of things with 9, but it might feel rushed - makes me afraid of the X-Files resurrection being only pegged at 6 episodes . . .

i can't imagine the x-files resurrection being any good considering chris carter's writing relies on 2 things: aliens and starting stories he can't possibly finish

i can't imagine the x-files resurrection being any good considering chris carter's writing relies on 2 things: aliens and starting stories he can't possibly finish

lmao . . . yeah, well said. . . kinda like Lost writers, yeah? (except for the Aliens thing . . . OR IS IT)

No. No it's not.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Showtime Networks president David Nevins has announced that the new Twin Peaks series will start production in September. The premiere date is still in flux, although Nevins hopes that 2016 is still possible: “I’ll take it when it’s ready,” he said. “I hope that’s sooner rather than later.”

Additionally, Lynch will direct all the episodes, filming one long script as a continuous movie and then editing it into episodes. Originally planned as nine episodes long, the series will likely run longer. As for casting, which is handled by Lynch’s company, Nevins said that “you should be optimistic that the people you want to be there will be there, in addition to some surprises.”

Earlier this month, Mondo updated the status of their Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me soundtrack reissues. [via Deadline]

Hell yes it is necessary.

So many stories left unfinished.

Did Audrey survive the bank blast?

What happened to Dale after getting sucked into the Black Lodge?

Who have had children together, guessing these will be the new "teen" stars?

There is this book written by Mark Frost that will fill in some gaps over the 25 years we have missed.

I'm excited but I still can't help but think, "is this really necessary?"

carygrant.gif

Twin Peaks ended perfectly. No need to dive back into it. Sometimes it's better just to leave things alone.

But hey, I have confidence in Lynch.

Hell yes it is necessary.

So many stories left unfinished.

Did Audrey survive the bank blast?

What happened to Dale after getting sucked into the Black Lodge?

Who have had children together, guessing these will be the new "teen" stars?

There is this book written by Mark Frost that will fill in some gaps over the 25 years we have missed.

But are these questions best left unanswered?