IGNORED

Autechre - Webcast #4 (downloads here)

Guest jasondonervan

awesome news that AE is directly interfacing with the fans now, even if it only just is through Joyrex directly.
Now i understand why Joyrex didn't just say that Exai was 'quite good'! :wink:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gregvet

Has anyone compared the quality of the ae sanctioned downloads to the ones posted by Jasondonervan yet?

Not sure ive got time to do a proper comparison myself before I go on holiday, but wanna make sure ive got the right ones with me for the plane lol

Has anyone compared the quality of the ae sanctioned downloads to the ones posted by Jasondonervan yet?

Not sure ive got time to do a proper comparison myself before I go on holiday, but wanna make sure ive got the right ones with me for the plane lol

According to Sean, they're straight from Mixlr, so I would imagine what Jasondonovan captured and what AE provided are probably indistinguishable from each other. I haven't listened to compare either, yet.

Guest jasondonervan

I've had a quick compare across a few tracks, and to these ears both sets of files sound identical. Either ones will do! File sizes are marginally different due to:

1) I edited out the silence at the start of each broadcast,

2) I embedded the white Exai-ish image into each file.

And if it helps, from the hours of listening back I've already done on my files, I've not come across a single dropout in the audio. RTMPDump certainly got the job done.

Guest gregvet

Thanks you guys. And thanks ae.

Way to make a flight to Thailand more enjoyable - give me 20 hours of music to listen to just before I go. Couldnt have planned it better myself ;-)

You only seem to mention Sean, Joyrex. Are you implying that Rob does not care about us? :sad:

No, not at all - I've just only communicated with Sean (so far). He's here, watching you all :emotawesomepm9:

I've had a quick compare across a few tracks, and to these ears both sets of files sound identical. Either ones will do! File sizes are marginally different due to:

And if it helps, from the hours of listening back I've already done on my files, I've not come across a single dropout in the audio. RTMPDump certainly got the job done.

It's a really petty question especially given how much work you've gone into with a) Finding out how to rip the stream 2) Recording the stream for the 20+ hours and d) Uploading them both for all to hear ... and I would actually prefer to use your files given that the silences have been trimmed but was wondering how you did point 1) - Did you rip the stream, then cut the start of it, and then save as 128kbps again or did you manage to use some lossless tool like mp3splice to trim the file without having to transcode it ?

Guest jasondonervan

It's a really petty question especially given how much work you've gone into with a) Finding out how to rip the stream 2) Recording the stream for the 20+ hours and d) Uploading them both for all to hear ... and I would actually prefer to use your files given that the silences have been trimmed but was wondering how you did point 1) - Did you rip the stream, then cut the start of it, and then save as 128kbps again or did you manage to use some lossless tool like mp3splice to trim the file without having to transcode it ?

RTMPDump picked up and saved the streams as an .flv file. I used Audacity to trim the silence (fully zoomed waveform edit), then exported to 128 kbps stereo mp3. The .flv and respective mp3 files are around the same size, with the mp3s slightly smaller due to around a minute or so of silence trimmed off in each case.

Can't quote but what hauntingsoul said! There's sort of a precedent too, ae did a "web chat" with fans like 10 years ago that you can find an archive of somewhere.

Guest cheesechoker

I wish there was a way to say "Thanks" to Autechre and Joyrex without shitting up the thread, but there isn't, so… thanks guys.

this second broadcast is much more my speed. I like it a lot better than the first. I almost did a spit take when fat boys came on. that cassette was my shit way back in the day.

Guest extherium

Whoa, that's super cool of Autechre to do that, on top of everything else!

Indeed - Sean is super nice, and appreciates the site.

Wait, what!? No!!! Who? Which account! What!?

Clearly with a hidden account called keyosc

Guest disoriental express

can u ask him what his faevorite color is cos im making crochae tea cosys for them obv rob's is brown but whats seans

booth, obv. it's a new colour hidden in the composite of all the Exai cover art produced to date, although to decipher it properly you will have to infiltrate TDR labs for the unreleased key pieces (killing anyone during this mission will be an automatic fail). once you've acquired them all and brute-forced the entire sequence to arrive at the correct configuration, a neural pathway in the unused-95% of your brain will switch on and you will see... the colour of BOOTH.

it's just Warp purple m8

hahahahaha this cracked my shit up! :emotawesomepm9: have my babies :cerious:

I would do this mission but I know i would kill so I don't wanna bother due to said disqualification due to said inevitable killing. :cerious:

Big thanks to Jasondonovan for uploading this!

We'll be uploading a version ourselves either today or tomorrow for direct hosting on here... straight from the source! No idea yet if it will differ in quality to the one Jasondonovan put up or not, but we'll see soon.

Nice one Joyrex. I followed Ego's instructions to grab the RTMP streams, so technically mine were direct downloads rather than audio recordings using additional software.

The streams for mine are 128kbps Stereo - does that differ from yours? I saw there was a paid 'pro' option on Mixlr that offered higher quality audio, not sure if that was applicable for the two Ae broadcasts though.

To be honest, I have no idea what Sean will be sending me as of yet.

Ask him for a sound board or two from one of their tours from 2005, 2008, or 2010 since that is old news and would only benefit everyone.

Considering he's listening and all...

Sean, pls.

You only seem to mention Sean, Joyrex. Are you implying that Rob does not care about us? :sad:

No, not at all - I've just only communicated with Sean (so far). He's here, watching you all :emotawesomepm9:

great, now every time i post it's just gonna be i wonder what sean thinks of this post. has he read my oversteps review? is he into me, like does he think i'm cool and funny and possibly does he want to pm me and get together next time he comes to chicago nothing serious just maybe smoke a spliff and listen to some music and talk and stuff and we exchange emails and every now and then i'll get a youtube link from him to which i'll respond with shit like "mental," "wicked," "lush" and so on and i'll be like "can't believe i just said lush to sean booth" and then i'll be sitting there wondering what rob is up to so i'll just shoot him an email as well and make jokes about how he does all the lush pads and sean does beats and be like "have you heard this one record " and he'll be like "fuckin hell mate, that's mental. gotta show rob.” and ill be like "you're rob" and he'll go "lol. i mean sean." and just as a joke i'll reference stuff like eps samplers or whatever.

thanks joyrex.

I just got this in the mail. Must have been mis-sorted by the watmm postalpersons

hi Alcofribas, I am Sean 

please post your Exai review presently, for watmm's entertainment.

Thank you,

Rob
I mean Sean

Archived