IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Guest Ron Manager

Worst fake ever.

assuming it is fake, i don't know about that. it's not bad all things considered, and i think it's funny that someone out there is raking in the mega LOLs. i made a fake BOCset a few years ago and posted it on twoism, it spread to here, others mysteriously also 'confirmed' it... it was so shit, took about 5 minutes in Photoshop, but a lot of people went nuts, and it was highly rewarding.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that fifteen second jingle? It's such a pastiche of their old sound, it's truly laughable.

Worst fake ever.

Unless it's reissue of old material.

But yea, everything you and Chen said is pretty disheartening. Unless more of these turn up, I'm not going to care until Warp says something.

6 digit code is hex for turqoise.

I smell fake until another vinyl turns up.

You have to invert it, but yea.

I've finally had some sleep and I'm thinking more clearly now. I don't buy it. I want to believe, but there are too many problems here (grooveless album face, e.g.).

Oh, shit. Somebody posted this on twoism. Check out AtalantaFugiens's description on his Julie and Candy video, which used to say "end times computer beards and shit"

Now it says:

Uploaded on Dec 22, 2009

------/------/------/------/------/-----­-

Go to the actual youtube page for it.

The vinyl in the photo actually kind of looks like the blank side of the Geogaddi promo but in my copy the sticker is smoother than in the photo so IDK.

Worst fake ever.

assuming it is fake, i don't know about that. it's not bad all things considered, and i think it's funny that someone out there is raking in the mega LOLs. i made a fake BOCset a few years ago and posted it on twoism, it spread to here, others mysteriously also 'confirmed' it... it was so shit, took about 5 minutes in Photoshop, but a lot of people went nuts, and it was highly rewarding.

Yeah, I remember your photoshop thing. And Joyrex with his bunker photos.

Now we have a six page (and rising) thread with people posting photos of UFOs and discussion of mathematical theories.

It's fun for a while but after this long a wait, people going to such lengths to create fakes is just tiring and a bit sad too.

Having said all that, the Prince Murat eBay fiasco was a classic back in the day.

Just to point out that the only piece of evidence that had me going earlier was the RSD official website had BOC listed. Well, I just tried the previous number in the list: http://recordstoreday.com/Artist/4321 (instead of 4322) and it returns a page for the band called the "Blasters". Consult the list of releases for RSD: http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases. Now *maybe* BOC asked the official RSD people to keep their announcement quiet, but what are the chances that some other random band also did that? What's more likely: that RSD just has a page for all the bands that they've tried coaxing into special releases or there a bunch of bands releasing special stuff that they *don't* want their fans to know about? If you ask me, the first disjunct is more plausible. So that undermines that premise.

On the other hand, the Atalanta Fugiens thing is much more interesting now (given that that channel is hosting a purportedly semi-official soundboard live recording of "Julie and Candy" with the actual visuals from the event).

Damn, someone changed the Atalanta Fugiens description back to the computer beards. So now I look I'm lying.

Guest Gravity

Oh, shit. Somebody posted this on twoism. Check out AtalantaFugiens's description on his Julie and Candy video, which used to say "end times computer beards and shit"

Now it says:

Uploaded on Dec 22, 2009

Oh wow, that annotation at 4:20. Does this mean all of this is actually legit? That upload is official.

Now it says:

Uploaded on Dec 22, 2009

Holy shit pause the video at 4:20

Seriously, i'm surprised there aren't more jaded BoC fans who resist believing things like this.

You get fooled once or twice, that's fine but how many more times will someone fall into the trap?

I'm not saying this can't be real, it could very well be but until I see the physical copy of the BoC record in my hand, i'm going to assume they retired.

Guest Gravity

Seriously, i'm surprised there aren't more jaded BoC fans who resist believing things like this.

You get fooled once or twice, that's fine but how many more times will someone fall into the trap?

I'm not saying this can't be real, it could very well be but until I see the physical copy of the BoC record in my hand, i'm going to assume they retired.

The only reason I'm believing this has any validity is because of that annotation in that video up above. Other than that I thought it was bullshit too, but that annotation is odd.

Archived