IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with fumi, I can't believe that people on here are swallowing this like it actually has some merit to it. Maybe come June I'll have to eat my words (though I highly doubt it), but I don't see BoC/Warp/whoever going to this level of trouble to cryptically announce a new album.

I also can't believe people are wasting their time by 'decoding' things to come across a firm answer to this apparent riddle. Shit's not that serious, guys.

another thing to consider:

who found out that there are only 6 copies? who verified this?

no-one did. oh yeah, that's right.

it was assumed based on the whole -----/-----/-----/------/------/------- thing

If this is bullshit, and you're the fucking troll, I'll cave your face in then sink your pulped up skull into a bucket of acid.

actually it'd be more pathetic if this ends up being real.

hyping up the release like this, if true, is pretty sad. especially under the circumstances surrounding the often rumoured, often wrong release stuff

at the end of the day, i've had a bit of a bender lol, fucking savage, sometimes in the past I'd spout bullshit on the BOC forum, I won't get back into the habit. I shall just go outside and hug the tree in the back garden and dribble for a while.

I love you all and wud never hurt anyone!!!

It wound be so funny if this would sink like all other hoaxes in recent years.

So we are having a topic of this length already and nobody cares to ask warp about this directly? lol

Guest minorsix

The sample is from a movie made in 1977 and that's also the first word in the youtube description!

Is it actually sampled from that or just reminiscent?

Guest jasondonervan

IS THE NEW BOARDS OF CANADA ALBUM ON ITS WAY?

"BoC have set up an international puzzle centred around six mysterious records that seems to suggest a new album is on the way."

Looks like Dummy is convinced it's fo realz...

"As 2020k point out, yesterday saw a handful of BoC vinyls appear in record shops unannounced, tying in with the Record Store Day celebrations."

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN!?!?!!

I think the amount of energy you guys put into all this is really twisted, it's just music for god's sake.

edit: so, new album confirmed?

I place music up there with breathing. So fuck you mate. No backing down from that. One inch.

Clearly I have one of six similar Boards of Canada records released today and distributed "randomly" around the world

This makes it hard to take seriously, I mean how the fuck is that "clear"?

? are you responding to my 'clearly' or one posted previously?

The one in the reddit quote in my post. :ok:

Clearly I have one of six similar Boards of Canada records released today and distributed "randomly" around the world

This makes it hard to take seriously, I mean how the fuck is that "clear"?

? are you responding to my 'clearly' or one posted previously?

The one in the reddit quote in my post. :ok:

personally i found it very clear

Guest jasondonervan

Just some more fuel for the 1986 summer fire...

Going by the oft-rumoured talk of a 'June' release, it's 42 days (the ol' 4+2 = 6 silliness again) until the 1st June. Which is exactly 6 weeks away.

6's everywhere.

tumblr_m3fmvsfkMF1rqmyxbo1_500.gif

Guest jasondonervan

Twoism.org next-level sleuthing:

UPDATE 11:50 AM PST

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT OKAY!!! IT'S DEFINITELY LEGITIMATE GUYS!

Just got off the phone with the guy from Other Music again, and he said they DID INFACT have it at the store!!!!!! He said a warp representative brought it in at 3pm the day before record store day. He also said that the one found in their store is THE ONLY ONE IN THE U.S.!!!!! THE OTHERS ARE IN FACT IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!! He didn't specify, but they way he said it, I imagine this is what the representative from warp told him.

GET THE FUCK OUT THERE AND START SEARCHING YOU GUYS!!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

EDIT: Warp following the record store on twitter, I mean... c'mon. This is real. It's happening. FINALLY.

Michael Maier's alchemical emblem book Atalanta fugiens was first published in Latin in 1617. It was a most amazing book as it incorporated 50 emblems with epigrams and a discourse, but extended the concept of an emblem book by incorporating 50 pieces of music the 'fugues' or canons. In this sense it was an early example of multimedia. An English tanslation exists in the British Library MS. Sloane 3645. Clay Holden was kind enough to allow his transcription of emblems 1 to 10, and Hereward Tilton has transcribed 11 to 34, and Peter Branwin has completed the work by transcribing 35 to 50. Peter Branwin is currently working on a new translation of the discourses from the original Latin.

not sure if relevant, but if this is a true boc/warp promo release then I am certainly glad they did it by releasing records and not CDs or some other medium. boc is best heard through plastic.

Guest zaphod

it's been only thirty minutes since i entered the boc subforum. my calendar claims that i've been here for three months. i can't seem to log out of my account. alt-tab proves useless. my pm inbox is filling with hundreds of messages from a newly registered member calling himself "kidforever". they all say the same thing : welcome. all i wanted to do was post a pithy comment and go back to general banter. i can barely even remember what the front page looks like. all is lost. i now know that i will die here, alone among the fractured synths and downtempo beats, a creepy child's voice counting down the seconds to oblivion.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I've actually never been more excited about music than I am right now. It doesn't even matter whether it's legit or not, this whole day has been immensely entertaining

Archived