IGNORED

Reach for the Dead - New Single Available For Download From Bleep!

Joyrex

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the landscapes and images i've seen thus far remind me of Breaking Bad

i wonder if BoC were out on the road in an RV like the lab

cooking up beats in the back

the landscapes and images i've seen thus far remind me of Breaking Bad

i wonder if BoC were out on the road in an RV like the lab

cooking up beats in the back

someone needs to get photoshopping...

So I made a playlist with one song from each release from MHTRTC and since including reach for the dead. Looking for similar vibe throughout.

01 Reach For The Dead

02 Macquarie Ridge (very similar vibe)

03 Seven Forty Seven (heavily bit crushed snare)

04 In A Beutiful Place Out In The Country (similar build up)

05 Pete Standing Alone (beats are similar actually, but slower and not digitally distorted)

06 Over The Horizon Radar (similar vibe, such a lovely track)

07 Left Side Drive (distorted high end on drums)

Alpha & Omega would fit in well, although maybe it's a little too fast.

The Devil Is In The Details has a similar vibe as well, or The Beach At Red Point ... I'm surprised there's only one Geogaddi track in your list. But it's probably the best choice.

Watched the video for RFTD on my home theatre system last night... that song is AMAZING - so much detail in the sound. This will be a fantastic album for headphones, or on a good soundsystem.

For some reason while watching the video, I almost expected to see them out in the desert, with their synths, perhaps Michael on a drum set, playing the track while the sun flared from behind...

The part where the skyline is mirrored and rotates is my favourite.

I think there's one clear trend and that's that their beats have become less hiphop like and more digitally distorted consistently, definitely from TCH through this track.

Oh, and the wife confirms those are roses, not Posies in the video.

I think there's one clear trend and that's that their beats have become less hiphop like and more digitally distorted consistently, definitely from TCH through this track.

Yeah, I even heard some Depeche-Mode like bitcrushing (not sure if that's the term) on the ending bit, where it sounds metallic...

I almost expected to see them out in the desert, with their synths, perhaps Michael on a drum set, playing the track while the sun flared from behind...

lol

Everyone who thinks the track is OK, keep listening. It might click.

I was skeptical of this initially, but I think you're right. The more I listen, the better it gets. :)

The progression in the last minute or so is particularly heart-wrenching.

I almost expected to see them out in the desert, with their synths, perhaps Michael on a drum set, playing the track while the sun flared from behind...

lol

oh! lol that took me a minute to get, I'd already forgotten about that video

If Aphex Twin is to: slowing down tracks

...then Boards of Canada is to: _______

http://youtu.be/sOK3qAki-fc

lol

oh! lol that took me a minute to get, I'd already forgotten about that video

If Aphex Twin is to: slowing down tracks

...then Boards of Canada is to: _______

http://youtu.be/sOK3qAki-fc

Interesting how the synth drone sounds virtually the same forwards or backwards...

I thought this track was pretty great.... First listen I wasn't terribly impressed. Second listen I can hear lot more detail in the synth work... can't wait for the rest of this. >.<

although, mine does say "despatched" on bleep. =)

Me too. I don't want to sound too fanboy-ish, but it's got a transcendental quality to it.

I thought this track was pretty great.... First listen I wasn't terribly impressed. Second listen I can hear lot more detail in the synth work... can't wait for the rest of this. >.

It just means some pothead in the WARP distro office is smashing the parcels with a mallet.

"Oi, Guvnah - want me to despatch a few more of those Canadian Board rekkids?"

I thought this track was pretty great.... First listen I wasn't terribly impressed. Second listen I can hear lot more detail in the synth work... can't wait for the rest of this. >.<

It just means some pothead in the WARP distro office is smashing the parcels with a mallet.

"Oi, Guvnah - want me to despatch a few more of those Canadian Board rekkids?"

:sad::cry:

:emotawesomepm9:

Me too. I don't want to sound too fanboy-ish, but it's got a transcendental quality to it.

That part really surprised me at how well done it was, but how simple as well. The sun splitting into three was neat too.

The track has a real effect on those watching it... I sat transfixed, whereas with the Cosecha Transmission One video I struggled to maintain focus on it.

BOARDS OF SUGGESTION

Archived