IGNORED

Reach for the Dead - New Single Available For Download From Bleep!

Joyrex

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This track sure gets under your skin. I wasn't that blown away by it at first, but it was running through my mind all through yesterday - not in an annoying 'stuck in your head' pop track kind of way, but it was more like its tones infested the day in a general way, making things seem dreamy and wistful and deep, even while it wasn't playing. I wasn't 'making myself' like it because it was BoC; it just had that effect. The great video sure helped too, but it's really those simple, yearning synth/guitar sounds.

The track is nice, yes, but it has a big weakness. It is unfinished! It feels a bit like some tracks on the latest Plaid album. Like they lost interest or time and just finished the track. It could have progressed much better! Hopefully the album will be more complete...

I wonder how it does that ... seems to be a similar experience for most of us, "Well this is pretty neat!" on the first listen, "OMG Emotion" after multiple listens ... odd!

Could it be because it takes quite a while to develop before building up to that emotional peak in the last minute, only to stay at that level for a few moments before ending? Leaves you wanting more, maybe.

Sounds like this track is going to flow directly into the next on the album in typical BoC style so it'll only get better I suspect.

The track is nice, yes, but it has a big weakness. It is unfinished! It feels a bit like some tracks on the latest Plaid album. Like they lost interest or time and just finished the track. It could have progressed much better! Hopefully the album will be more complete...

I think the progression is perfect. Plus it's been take out of the context of the album.

"Out of context of the whole album" may be a good point. Maybe it is a perfect intro. Can't wait to hear the whole picture :)...

I can't see it linked but there's no way I'm the first to have posted this here. Here's DJ Food's re-edit of the track bringing it up to 10 minutes -

listen to your boards collection on shuffle until REACH FOR THE DEAD plays,in that context its amazing,i did it today and it came on between AMO BISHOP RODEN and CARCAN and it sounded awesome

that's how to do it

boc shuffle = lyf

Guest Aces

I can't see it linked but there's no way I'm the first to have posted this here. Here's DJ Food's re-edit of the track bringing it up to 10 minutes -

That edit is really nice!

The percussion that comes in towards the end is the '16 beat' preset rhythm from a casiotone mt400v, which is an early and unusual casiotone, and the only one with a genuine analogue filter (alongside the full sized key version 410). I know this because I have one.

The percussion that comes in towards the end is the '16 beat' preset rhythm from a casiotone mt400v, which is an early and unusual casiotone, and the only one with a genuine analogue filter (alongside the full sized key version 410). I know this because I have one.

you are right sir.

!Bs8H(uwB2k~$(KGrHqQOKjYEvmOSR1VHBL52Dcd

Guest cult fiction

Presets on classic drum machines and synths get a pass, don't you know the rules?

With the pads which come to the very front in 3:46, the track got real potential to progress. I can really see the progression in melody for this, some obvious variations with higher notes, but they unfortunately stopped it until 4:15... COITUS INTERRUPTUS!

This is just relentless now ...

Boards of Canada "Reach for the Dead" - Rare Promo CD Single

-PAXP-deijE.gif

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Boards-of-Canada-Reach-for-the-Dead-Rare-Promo-CD-Single-/230993287994?ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AAU%3A1123

From the facebook page -

Boards Of Canada promo cd single on eBay. The back side of this single states: "Physical release 24/06 - Digital release 23/06". Follow-up EP with probably some additional, as of yet, unknown tracks/remixes?

Archived