IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

you can download a realplayer-thing,

can somebody say how it sounds, because i have problems with my realplayer

[youtubehd]v83yeA0WRkI[/youtubehd]

Not NSFW; sorry about the Betamale video.

thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in love with this album.

Yeah. I've been digging through his old albums as well and loving those too. Shame I put off listening to those for so long.

This is exactly the kind of artist that I don't check out because of the annoying artist name (I have that sometimes, it's ridiculous but yeah) and the hype around it. Just saw that Warp posted the video and thought: well, this is the chance to convince me of his music. They failed.

I'll probably get obsessed over this in a few years, but for now it just annoys the shit out of me, can anyone maybe just recommend a good starting point?

if it was an aphex twin track you guys would think it was pure amazing because aphex twin is so dark and creepy and weird omg

pretty much everyone post in this thread is "omg best album opn genius true art forms"

if this was an aphex track every post would be "fake. needs more snare rush. i love rdj album but this is sheer wank" etc

have you never read watmm before?

This is exactly the kind of artist that I don't check out because of the annoying artist name (I have that sometimes, it's ridiculous but yeah) and the hype around it. Just saw that Warp posted the video and thought: well, this is the chance to convince me of his music. They failed.

I'll probably get obsessed over this in a few years, but for now it just annoys the shit out of me, can anyone maybe just recommend a good starting point?

russian mind. you can start and probably stop there.

[youtubehd]uHrWHXL065g[/youtubehd]

I saw R Plus Seven in a music store today, is that even possible?

Was the same with Exai and Tomorrow's Harvest where I live. Apparently the few surviving record stores are operated by cunts with no regard for release dates. They're a lot more expensive than buying online, so I don't mind waiting.

If anyone wants to download the video, it's this -

http://d19qt3bbk9iu1c.cloudfront.net/opn_still_life_betamale.mp4
N.B. Given the wonky start of the URL it may be dynamicly hosted, so apologies if this doesn't work

Guest Rulohead32

I saw R Plus Seven in a music store today, is that even possible?

Was the same with Exai and Tomorrow's Harvest where I live. Apparently the few surviving record stores are operated by cunts with no regard for release dates. They're a lot more expensive than buying online, so I don't mind waiting.

It costed like any other new album there. 15.90 €

it is interesting to see an artist like OPN making one of the most psych-sexual unsettling electronic music videos perhaps since Coil's unreleased video of all those thai boys getting all hot and bothered (although that one was arguably just straight pedophilia). If there are other electronic musicians doing shit this weird I'm just not aware of it.

it is interesting to see an artist like OPN making one of the most psych-sexual unsettling electronic music videos perhaps since Coil's unreleased video of all those thai boys getting all hot and bothered (although that one was arguably just straight pedophilia). If there are other electronic musicians doing shit this weird I'm just not aware of it.

My friend noticed that this video has pretty much the same aesthetic as many tumblr accounts out there, although it's much better done and actually contains video and music.

trying to deduce the meaning of that statement has taken me into psycho sexual territory

as long as it doesn't take you into straight pedophilia you should be alright

sleazy pls

Archived