IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

so, who here liked the new opn before sean said he did ? i know i did.

(we should have some sort of watmm achievements list like in call of duty with emblems and stuff)

lol. this thread has 43 pages of people liking the new opn before sean said he did. isn't that like, most of the forum?

perhaps we could have a 'did you like the new opn before sean said he did?' poll.

i only started liking it after ae said something about it. actually i still havent heard it but i'm going to go buy it and like it. i'm still waiting on them to answer about religion so i can decide if i believe in god(s).

so, who here liked the new opn before sean said he did ? i know i did.

(we should have some sort of watmm achievements list like in call of duty with emblems and stuff)

lol. this thread has 43 pages of people liking the new opn before sean said he did. isn't that like, most of the forum?

perhaps we could have a 'did you like the new opn before sean said he did?' poll.

yeah well, still i can't wait to see awepittance gradually starting to warm up to it and straight up loving it in about 5 pages.

i only started liking it after ae said something about it. actually i still havent heard it but i'm going to go buy it and like it. i'm still waiting on them to answer about religion so i can decide if i believe in god(s).

hahaha this is a great quote

wow guys i totally love this record. it really takes the whole vaporwave thing to the next level, tons of new parameters. like, now you can do quite fast arpeggios of general midi and it's so deep. synth vox are so spiritual for me.

warming up to this one

warming up to this one

did you get proper chuffed before starting to get warmed up to it though ?

well chuffed since i had been caning it so hard

i actually hate this record now, where before i was sort of annoyed by it. sean, i've seen the light.

it's quite a one dimensional album, when the novelty wears off it's fucking impossible to sit through this crap.

i would like to say that i feel a bit bad mentioning donkey kong country bc the music for that game is really fucking cool and the composer did it on a korg wavestation which takes mad fucking skills.

Guest viscosity

thinking about seeing OPN this weekend if tickets aren't already sold out. hope he mixes it up a bit and plays his earlier, synth-arpeggio-heavy tracks. wondering how his latest work might sound in a live setting, maybe some 4-aco would elevate it? dunno how my gf will tolerate it tbh, might have to get her drunk

FINALLY jumped on the OPN train just now. I heard a couple trax a while back and was just kinda meh, but not Are+7 until literally as I'm fabricating this post. Let's see how it goes...

Important and exciting opinion post incoming:

I decided to take a risk and picked this up for cheap about a week ago now. It's way better than I expected, to be honest. Really weird, but there are some very pretty moments on here. Tracks like the intro and that one with the terrible slap bass in it are unbearable though.

But pretty good overall.

Guest viscosity

saw this guy last weekend. got there late but just in time. bit of a short set, but he played some new stuff. one song sounded a bit like something off Oversteps, but my memory is fading a bit on which in particular. didn't mind hearing new material, but wished I had gotten to the MOMA show, I think they had some video to accompany his music

Guest viscosity

heh I did that in the morning.. so I was good for this at midnight. I did get an open container before the show though, that was bs.. should have gotten there beforehand to hear some of the openers, just felt short, wished he played longer

Guest viscosity

yeah it was good, just a small venue in his hometown, so he was prob just playing some new tunes. no spectacles like a laser show or light masks or anything. i'd guess his tour sets were a bit longer? i have no idea

Archived