IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I donno why but I really love those old 80's choir sounds. I'm like a cheap whore, most tracks that have 'em I instantly fall in love with.

Can someone recommend me stuff like that, now I'm in the mood.

Check out Art of Noise

Once upon a time I used to listen a lot to JMJarre (years before discovering Aphex). Oxygene and Equinoxe especially. There's an album he made called Zoolook, there maybe one or two good tracks on it, but this album by OPN reminds me of that (for some reason). Definately sounds (like good/experimental) JMJ to me (on acid lol).

But I think this is a marmite album. You either love it or hate it.

Guest Gravity

Yeah someone mentioned Zoolook on another site while discussing this album, good stuff. I like all the JMJ stuff I've heard but never gave it all a proper listen. Gotta check out more.

I donno why but I really love those old 80's choir sounds. I'm like a cheap whore, most tracks that have 'em I instantly fall in love with.

Check out Art of Noise

Will do. Any album in particular?

RPlus7InnerSleeve2.jpg

That "Wait" in Problem Areas is so fucking awesome, I love that. Also "I-I-IS THAT-TH-TH".

Yeah someone mentioned Zoolook on another site while discussing this album, good stuff. I like all the JMJ stuff I've heard but never gave it all a proper listen. Gotta check out more.

Check out Art of Noise

Will do. Any album in particular?

RPlus7InnerSleeve2.jpg

That "Wait" in Problem Areas is so fucking awesome, I love that. Also "I-I-IS THAT-TH-TH".

Maybe start with the ambient compilation

Guest Gravity

Thanks for the recs. Gonna check out that ambient compilation, but I started listening to Daft and this is fantastic.

edit-- didn't realize this is a compilation too... hmm i usually like listening to an artist's actual albums first but whatever no biggie

really shocked that so little people outside of this forum are mentioning the obvious Art of Noise connection to this album. The only JMJ album that reminds me at all of this album is Equinox because of jarre's switch from synths to samplers.

Guest bitroast

Man. Forget those earlier albums and definitely listen to Zoolook. As an album from start to finish. It's pretty awesome and definitely has more than one or two good songs. It's like a synthier cheesier My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, with big fun drums, cut up vocals and rad 80s vibes:)

whoops sorry i meant to say Zoolook, the earlier albums are completely different. And yes on the Kate bush comparison. Besides Kate Bush, Art of Noise and maybe Bernie Kraus (gorillas in the mix) and Coil (scatology ) I don't know of anybody doing such sampler centric music like this from around the same time

Check out Art of Noise

Also, avoid 80s dog barking sounds from the same legendary Fairlight synth.

Don't listen to this. I repeat. Don't. DON'T DO IT!

Guest Zelmo Swift

Would you judge me if I bought a Oneohtrix Point Never t-shirt?

the Replica T-shirt is pretty sweet.

i got one.

Guest Gravity

Check out Art of Noise

Also, avoid 80s dog barking sounds from the same legendary Fairlight synth.

Don't listen to this. I repeat. Don't. DON'T DO IT!

lol

this is art

Archived