IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rulohead32

Sorry OPN fans, I just don't get the craze for this album. I could put a well designed sample through an arpeggiator and throw in some random static and percussion and have this whole album...

(sent from my not-Apple device using Talk That Talk Deluxe Edition)

But you didnt

Ps: wtf tapatlak

Sorry OPN fans, I just don't get the craze for this album. I could put a well designed sample through an arpeggiator and throw in some random static and percussion and have this whole album...

But you didnt

Why would you?

http://www.singintothecomputer.tumblr.com/tagged/oneohtrix-point-never

Oneohtrix Point Nrever - s/t

Onatricks point never is a great band that I like a lot. The man called Daniel likes to take synth that made sense in the 80s and make it make sense. In a move of genius Daniel takes sounds that were used once and uses them again because the way people feel.

The song that got a lot of views sounds like cool colors going over a fake jungle in the sunrise. Beautiful but with sad ness. It is a good music to make a cartoon to and loop it a bunch of times. What is brilliant about Daniel is he makes a beat and makes it go for a while then takes it away. So theres no beat for a while.

The vibe I feel from Daniel point cartoon is really good. It sounds like a flute sample from a cassette at goodwill but made to seem like it makes sense. So good!!!! It really takes me back to that time I was in the eighties. Oh boy! Do I know the 80. Daniel is a true mastered mind at feeling what needs to be put in the vibe and delivering. What raytitng to I give this master’s piece

10/10 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stars

-jarred

I lost it at the bolded section. Brilliant.

gave it another listen today after a week or two without listening to it, thought that zaphod/alco vibes will effect my enjoyment of it, but nope, i still thought that it's a really fun, peculiar and often beautiful.

I don't care if he's referring to OPN or not: it's kinda lame that he's posting puerile shit like that. Makes him look bitter and sad. And he sounds like a fuckin' old man: kids need to get off my lawn! Seriously, there's great music out there. Stupid comment, really. "Real music" will always exist. Is he basing his point on some observation of what gets the most accolades in music journalism? If so, that's his problem right there. How about he shuts the fuck up and releases some "real music" then.

He's basically the granddaddy of the beat scene

I think twitters is just the worst outlet for rants - unless it's a concise "zinger" or a witty comment, there's no way to express a valid criticism in 140 words

that's why I posted that interview, because I was taken aback by that tweet too (and a bit baffled at it's vagueness...a sample using instrumental hip-hop producer using the term "real music" is amusing imo; and shitwave? maybe he was drunk?)

hes probably miffed that the whole 'beat scene' thing exploded sort of after the peak of his career. By the time flying lotus and rustie and all those guys started to get huge press, his style of hip hop was already considered unfashionable. Which is pretty crazy if you think about it. That music 'fashions' birth and die so quickly right now. I mean hell even Hudmo's and Rustie's debut material sounds dated already, that fashion has already died too. Really weird world we live in right now.

At the moment, even if you are someone with the clout and stature of Prefuse73, unless you have a good marketing guru behind you or a top end booking agent, your career like any other obscure Bandcamp musician will be almost non existent in today's world.

would be highly interested (more so than Prefuse,) to read or hear candid statements about Warp's more recent signings from Tom J, RDJ and the 'Chre boys. Clearly they wouldn't say anything too insulting about a fellow label mate, but what if they did?

I don't care if he's referring to OPN or not: it's kinda lame that he's posting puerile shit like that. Makes him look bitter and sad. And he sounds like a fuckin' old man: kids need to get off my lawn! Seriously, there's great music out there. Stupid comment, really. "Real music" will always exist. Is he basing his point on some observation of what gets the most accolades in music journalism? If so, that's his problem right there. How about he shuts the fuck up and releases some "real music" then.

funny how if you're just an ordinary non-celeb you can express whatever opinion you like but when you're in the public eye expressing the same opinion makes you "bitter and sad".

he has a right to say whatever he wants about the current state of music just like anybody else. you're reading a lot into an 11-word tweet.

You can say I sound bitter and sad, too. I don't give a fuck. But if I am bitter and sad (regardless of your assessment of me), I should think that the best course of action is to change and not be a pathetic pussy.

Oh, and if any non-celeberties I know posted a tweet like that, I'd probably call them out on sounding lame. By all means, express whatever opinion you want, but some opinions suck and deserve to be called out on it.

Where's all the good music at? All I see is shit, innit.

he has a right to say whatever he wants about the current state of music just like anybody else. you're reading a lot into an 11-word tweet.

good point

Where's all the good music at? All I see is shit, innit.

wat

I dunno bout this one the cheap 80's ROMpler vocal sounds didn't do it for me and started to get a little repetitive. The arrangements are interesting but the audio chopping is very sloppy. I'll give it another bash but I think it's very overhyped tbh.

I dunno bout this one the cheap 80's ROMpler vocal sounds didn't do it for me and started to get a little repetitive. The arrangements are interesting but the audio chopping is very sloppy. I'll give it another bash but I think it's very overhyped tbh.

*high-fives* glad i'm not the only one who feels the exact same way. I suppose if you can handle an Art of Noise over-use of vocal stabs/pads on every track the album would be more tolerable, but if not what are you supposed to do?

and i agree about the sloppiness of the editing, there are some very obvious granular moments on here that don't help either. I much preferred the more deliberate editing style of Replica

Guest Gravity

I donno why but I really love those old 80's choir sounds. I'm like a cheap whore, most tracks that have 'em I instantly fall in love with.

Can someone recommend me stuff like that, now I'm in the mood.

Archived