IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

the name tac Lacora (with clear reference to deco Loc, the only one of this sort on EP)

What's the reference to deco loc? Just vaguely similar title?

Yes. Do you have other examples of two Ae titles that similar? Moreover the current fanboy theory of which i'm a supporter is that, since Quaristice at least, titles contain or even consists of references to the production methods and sound sources itself. The prove is similarity between ts1a and t ess xi and, to some extent, the speculation of bladelores being named after lo-res "blade"-like filter someone noticed in Max program.

rae + rale

drane/drane2 + druan quarter

theme of sudden roundabout + Ae play tissue paper against yes's roundabout

the name tac Lacora (with clear reference to deco Loc, the only one of this sort on EP)

Yes. Do you have other examples of two Ae titles that similar? Moreover the current fanboy theory of which i'm a supporter is that, since Quaristice at least, titles contain or even consists of references to the production methods and sound sources itself. The prove is similarity between ts1a and t ess xi and, to some extent, the speculation of bladelores being named after lo-res "blade"-like filter someone noticed in Max program.

rae + rale

Rae, rale, Dael etc. too short and far from each other to count.

Drane and Drane2... well, most Hollywood hits have sequels, titles are similar of course, yet too similar in this case to suggest likeliness. For Draun quarter see previous point, too short a word to draw comparison.

I didn't get the last one at all

Regarding "not surprising" Exai pallette - what would you expect given the name tac Lacora (with clear reference to deco Loc, the only one of this sort on EP) and that thing The Black Dog wrote about this being done before Exai. You seem to look for that era of EPs which ended with Gantz Graf, when EPs were unrelated to LPs, but recent examples are Quaristice.quadrange and MoT, where a lot of tracks are alternate takes (take no border or ylm0).

that's not really relevant to what I was talking about though, just because MOT is referencing songs off Oversteps doesn't mean it has a similar sound palette, for the most part it's actually totally different.

I commented on a general sentiment that it must be fake because of too Exai-ish sounds. Exai itself has tracks with totally different sound, for the first time maybe in the whole ae discography

Moreover the current fanboy theory of which i'm a supporter is that, since Quaristice at least, titles contain or even consists of references to the production methods and sound sources itself. The prove is similarity between ts1a and t ess xi and, to some extent, the speculation of bladelores being named after lo-res "blade"-like filter someone noticed in Max program.

I always thought maybe "r ess" was a Max reference, since r is shorthand for a receive object. It could be an object receiving something sent by "s ess" / "send ess".

I'm probably wrong.

Guest Rulohead32

rae + rale

Drane and Drane2... well, most Hollywood hits have sequels, titles are similar of course, yet too similar in this case to suggest likeliness. For Draun quarter see previous point, too short a word to draw comparison.

What about rew and known? They both have a (1)in common. I would like to know why.

T ess and r ess

Fol3 and Chenc9

Rale and Treale

444 and 777

Etc.

Edited by Rulohead32

rae + rale

What about rew and known? They both have a (1)in common. I would like to know why.

T ess and r ess

Fol3 and Chenc9

Rale and Treale

444 and 777

Etc.

Chenc9 and Coenc3

lol, I usually resave patches in the same vein

Edited by telefunken

Guest Rulohead32

rae + rale

T ess and r ess

Fol3 and Chenc9

Rale and Treale

444 and 777

Etc.

Chenc9 and Coenc3

Wtf is Coenc3

rae + rale

T ess and r ess

Fol3 and Chenc9

Rale and Treale

444 and 777

Etc.

Chenc9 and Coenc3

I haven't noticed this earlier, but to think about it, they're quite similar in that dry quality.

Of the examples above i don't want to sound like i know shit about how Ae encrypt tracks (i'm more on the side that their title-giving have become lazy, actually, and if Sean would read this speculation, he surely will deliver a fuck you title on the next record), i was more like using a figure of speech niggah, but i'll answer these.

I don't accept "numbers" as giving away much similarity, because numbers are shit, i mean, to reference your tenth and eleventh EPs with titles like Move of Ten and L—Event isn't exactly alchemy on their part. rale and treale i find somewhat similar, because they have the same skeleton, just one is cavern-reverby and the other is melodic on top, not sure if they are truly connected, but i find this more of a positive example. And if tac Lacora we got isn't fake, then r ess also eventually connects to t ess xi through ts1a to tac Lacora, where you can hear the same type of skipping effect on rhythm like in r ess. It's also the prime example of the falseness of my theory, because two actual tracks are just totally different.

Isn't it the case (it used to be) on Windows that if you save a file to a folder that already contains a file with the same name, and don't overwrite, it appends a (1) to the filename?

Guest Rulohead32

Isn't it the case (it used to be) on Windows that if you save a file to a folder that already contains a file with the same name, and don't overwrite, it appends a (1) to the filename?

but it leaves a space between the title and the "(1)", unlike in ae's songs.

also aren't they 'mac'?

but it leaves a space between the title and the "(1)", unlike in ae's songs.

known(1) and rew(1) are more likely to be references to programming loops, where instead of inserting a condition you just put 1 which is boolean for true, meaning the loop will execute infinitely.

Or it's function syntax where 1 is the variable that is passed to the function, although doing this invalidates any need for a function.

Don't ask me to tie that to the music somehow but I'm guessing it's that and not the windows duplicate append (1) thing. I think Ae have been known to use programming syntax in naming track titles. (get 0) is a good example.

Someone needs to write some javascript that uses autechre track titles as variables and functions.

Edit for accuracy

Edited by thehauntingsoul

I always figured "rew(1)" was supposed to be a funny way to spell "ruin", matching the apocalyptic nature of the track.

Just like how "ccec" is a funny way to spell "seasick".

I always figured "rew(1)" was supposed to be a funny way to spell "ruin", matching the apocalyptic nature of the track.

Just like how "ccec" is a funny way to spell "seasick".

Yes!

*vomits while listening to ccec*