IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

The tracks on L-Event are cousins with all the Exai tracks! There's several dozen moments where they're clearly drawing from similar sounds or ideas. It's pretty fascinating, almost every track on Exai is covered.

The tracks on L-Event are cousins with all the Exai tracks! There's several dozen moments where they're clearly drawing from similar sounds or ideas. It's pretty fascinating, almost every track on Exai is covered.

I was actually thinking it runs a similar course of exai in 1/4 the time

But it's different from past EP's like say Cichli suite, which use the Chastic "sound-set". There it was more of sample-sharing, whereas with L-event it's like every micro-tone is dissected and reassembled.

3rd one's like a weird version of bladelores and the last one is Graet!

I love the style of these tracks, they differ more from Exai than I thought they would.

I think I need more listens of the middle two, very weird to my ears which is nice ;)

It's a bloomin belter. No idea what any tracks are called, just been listening to it on the stream which is quite disorientating yet exceedingly pleasurable. These be some sweet beats, you bitch.

Track one reminds me of FLeure and a bit of Flep. Track two might be the best, it reminds me of steels a lot, and something else I can't put my finger on. Track three...meh. Sounds like cloudine, but not in good ways. I really did not enjoy it in the least, and not sure I ever will. Track four was pretty good, though it gets stale...the melody is nice though.

I just downloaded the mp3s, and that could be changing a lot of the tone and detail. Not a bad EP, kind of what I expected to hear.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk now Free

Why do we need to always reference new material with old past ones - guys it's L-event and I feel like you should all take a look in the mirror and slap yourselves into submission - stop the referencing - just listen for what's new I know that's what I'm doing! Ferk this stuff is very good though

Sent from my iHole using Tapashhh - now Free

Edited by sine nomine