IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

more of a challenging listen than Exai, but as always, I'm up for a new challenge if it is ae. I can tell this will be a grower, because upon first listen, I wasn't instantly impressed, but I'm starting to decipher the structures and patterns in the tracks now. tac Lacora stands out the most for me so far.

Only listened through PC and car speakers so far...but in M39 Diffain, I can definitely hear

a mario shell noise at 4:44 and 5:25

edit: I haven't been able to un-hear it yet, so proceed at your own risk

4:44 yes, 5:25 not so much. nice find though!

Guest disoriental express

L-Event kinda seems like a distillation of their oversteps tour sound. I mean the way the grooves form despite themselves and the menacing woozy atmosphere in general.

this EP imo has a lot of "speaking" percussion, which can be a terribly cheesy thing i reckon, but on here it's so great!

like the 2nd half of tac Lacora, or indeed the whole of Osla.

This is pretty fucked stuff. It's great to hear them blurring the lines between sampling and synthesis again; this is the most processed their music has sounded since Draft or even Confield, imo.

unlike exai l-event is pretty dark and the last track is really sad too...to me

someone said it sounds like a soundtrack for the upcoming blade runner movie but i doubt they could make a movie to match the sf feeling of l-event

I guess I'm missing what everyone is seeing in Osla

I like where the song ends up, and it's nice to have a journey with the song slowly unfolding into something good.

But I'm just having a hard time with the bulk of this track.

However it has only been 2 listens, so we'll just see how/if things change

Edt: every other song is blowing my mind though. This is a top notch ep

Edited by fizzkinz

I guess I'm missing what everyone is seeing in Osla

I like where the song ends up, and it's nice to have a journey with the song slowly unfolding into something good.

But I'm just having a hard time with the bulk of this track.

However it has only been 2 listens, so we'll just see how/if things change

Edt: every other song is blowing my mind though. This is a top notch ep

same for me but I'm not giving up on it.

unlike exai l-event is pretty dark and the last track is really sad too...to me

someone said it sounds like a soundtrack for the upcoming blade runner movie but i doubt they could make a movie to match the sf feeling of l-event

If movies had soundtracks like l-event (instead of endless carl orff clones with a drum and an ooh ahh choir) you couldn't keep me out of the theatre.

very dark EP overall. the 2nd track sounds like another 'Autechre does scorn' thing, very nice. The first 1/4th of Osla for N is really hard to take though, that papery notched/phased snare sound is just really annoying sounding. Overall liking this as a cohesive piece more than Exai, sounds like the darkness and experimental vibes of Quaristice have invaded the Exai sound palette and stripped it of most of it's obvious melodic content

Lots of interesting spectral processing reminiscent of Vekos or Fleure, i wonder what they're using. anybody have any idea?

Edited by John Ehrlichman