IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

I also agree with the comment that it's really interesting how they choose what goes on an album (from what they have floating around at any given time).

I've only listened once but I liked it more than at least 50-75% of Exai

Edited by Joseph

I may encode my 24bit WAVs to 24bit FLAC for tall bit depth scrobbling goodness.

It's what I always do with my Ae purchases - they losslessly compress to FLACs at quite a reduction in file size.

Just bought L-event and synced it to my iPod Nano, so now I can listen to it during my commute to work :biggrin: #stupidfirstworldachievementsandsuccesses

Edited by ambermonk

I may encode my 24bit WAVs to 24bit FLAC for tall bit depth scrobbling goodness.

It's what I always do with my Ae purchases - they losslessly compress to FLACs at quite a reduction in file size.

Yep, I should've RTFM. Exai comes out at 69% the size for me. L—event will be done after midnight / at the weekend.

Guest RandySicko

Only listened through PC and car speakers so far...but in M39 Diffain, I can definitely hear

a mario shell noise at 4:44 and 5:25

edit: I haven't been able to un-hear it yet, so proceed at your own risk

Edited by RandySicko

Guest disoriental express

Anyone that doesn't like this is too sane for their own good. Get out there and scare some pedestrians.

f7m1K09.jpg

jesus i love the ominous atmospheres on osla, with the vintage sounding percussion... tac lacora is pure metal bending madness, great. last track is beautiful and m39 diffain is too.

great stuff

yeah Newbound is my fav from 1st Listen whole ep sounding very nice tho! Understand people saying they want more but think its pretty cool to have a normal length ep from Ae again!

M39 Diffain does it for me. Slow broken beats interspersed with weird filtered textures and love that synth line at the end. Yum. Whole ep is great.

The opening of osla loosely reminds me of the pitched metallic percussion on the first track of exai (also staggered /syncopated rhythmically). Different timbre, but similar tones, wonder if it's a similar effect somewhere in the chain. I really like the sound. I've a nasty head cold right now which is kind of like free drugs (minus the fun lol) and this track is suiting my headspace quite nicely.